A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Templars vs Crusaders

Santiago Photo Book

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
Hi guys, I have just come across a short YouTube video that some of you might find interesting.
A historian explains the differences between the Templars and the Crusaders in the Middle Ages.
While walking the Camino, and having read Paulo Coelho's book, I was intrigued to find out about the Templars. I often found references to the Templars while walking the Camino Francés, particularly at the famous castle in the centre of Ponferrada.
Here is the YouTube link if you would like to hear more about it:

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
I love Templar history :)

The History Channel (in the US, at least) has a dramatic series about the Templars which I have much enjoyed. It is titled "Knightfall". It is historically accurate regarding the Templar Order and of that era, but it is a dramatic series falling under the label of 'historical fictional drama' and so weaves actual facts with myths about the Order to develop the story-line.

Last edited:

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Hi guys, I have just come across a short YouTube video that some of you might find interesting.
A historian explains the differences between the Templars and the Crusaders in the Middle Ages.
While walking the Camino, and having read Paulo Coelho's book, I was intrigued to find out about the Templars. I often found references to the Templars while walking the Camino Francés, particularly at the famous castle in the centre of Ponferrada.
Here is the YouTube link if you would like to hear more about it:

Here is another one that follows on from the previous video. Here he explains the difference between the various orders of knights: Templars, Hospitallers and Teutonic

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future

The History Channel (in the US, at least) has a dramatic series about the Templars which I have much enjoyed. It is titled "Knightfall". It is historically accurate regarding the Templar Order, and of that era, but it is a dramatic series falling under the label of 'historical fictional drama'.
Wow, thanks DB, I'll have to check it out

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
The Frances and part VF, first-aid helper and hospitalera

The History Channel (in the US, at least) has a dramatic series about the Templars which I have much enjoyed. It is titled "Knightfall". It is historically accurate regarding the Templar Order and of that era, but it is a dramatic series falling under the label of 'historical fictional drama' and so weaves actual facts with myths about the Order to develop the story-line.
Thanks davebugg for the news about “Knightfall” and MarkyD for the information that it’s on Netflix - it looks great. Some fascinating weekend viewing is now assured!
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Knightfall...brilliant programme.
Just finished watching series 2 in the UK

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%