• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Templars vs Crusaders

MarkyD

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
Hi guys, I have just come across a short YouTube video that some of you might find interesting.
A historian explains the differences between the Templars and the Crusaders in the Middle Ages.
While walking the Camino, and having read Paulo Coelho's book, I was intrigued to find out about the Templars. I often found references to the Templars while walking the Camino Francés, particularly at the famous castle in the centre of Ponferrada.
Here is the YouTube link if you would like to hear more about it:

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I love Templar history :)

The History Channel (in the US, at least) has a dramatic series about the Templars which I have much enjoyed. It is titled "Knightfall". It is historically accurate regarding the Templar Order and of that era, but it is a dramatic series falling under the label of 'historical fictional drama' and so weaves actual facts with myths about the Order to develop the story-line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I have just come across a short YouTube video that some of you might find interesting.
A historian explains the differences between the Templars and the Crusaders in the Middle Ages.
While walking the Camino, and having read Paulo Coelho's book, I was intrigued to find out about the Templars. I often found references to the Templars while walking the Camino Francés, particularly at the famous castle in the centre of Ponferrada.
Here is the YouTube link if you would like to hear more about it:

Here is another one that follows on from the previous video. Here he explains the difference between the various orders of knights: Templars, Hospitallers and Teutonic

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

The History Channel (in the US, at least) has a dramatic series about the Templars which I have much enjoyed. It is titled "Knightfall". It is historically accurate regarding the Templar Order, and of that era, but it is a dramatic series falling under the label of 'historical fictional drama'.
Wow, thanks DB, I'll have to check it out

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

The History Channel (in the US, at least) has a dramatic series about the Templars which I have much enjoyed. It is titled "Knightfall". It is historically accurate regarding the Templar Order and of that era, but it is a dramatic series falling under the label of 'historical fictional drama' and so weaves actual facts with myths about the Order to develop the story-line.
Thanks davebugg for the news about “Knightfall” and MarkyD for the information that it’s on Netflix - it looks great. Some fascinating weekend viewing is now assured!
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Knightfall...brilliant programme.
Just finished watching series 2 in the UK

Back