• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ten years ago today.

CaminoJohn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2006,2008,2011; VDLP, Sanabrias (2018)
Ten years ago today, I began walking 500 miles on what was to be a month long journey across Spain on the Camino de Santiago. In truth that journey has never stopped. My life and my family's life has changed because of it. The enduring friendships and love I encountered and all the ripple effects of these relationships are still expanding outward and will always be resonating in the corners and center of my life.The Camino provides.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Beautiful post, John. I can relate to everything that you've said. For me, the best part is that these life-changing gifts were completely unexpected and probably undeserved.

Last edited:
Ten years ago today, I began walking 500 miles on what was to be a month long journey across Spain on the Camino de Santiago. In truth that journey has never stopped. My life and my family's life has changed because of it. The enduring friendships and love I encountered and all the ripple effects of these relationships are still expanding outward and will always be resonating in the corners and center of my life.The Camino provides.

John I know the feeling and after 12 months from returning in 2014 I could not settle and my life changed forever.
I went back to Spain looking for a house on the Caminio. I was blessed with finding one in a small village 2 days walk from Santiago and nothing gives me more pleasure than watching the endless stream of pilgrims walking past each day, some stop to talk, some ask directions and some just need water and something to eat before continuing on their journey. ( some ask if they can use the bathroom) As a stranger coming into a small remote village I was aprehensive but have been accepted 110%, this can only be the Camino spirit. At the moment every day is a struggle but in my heart I know I have made the right decission and the Caminio has given me what i have been looking for for many years. Although having bought a piece of this special path I have come to understand one cannot really own it, it belongs to everyone and I am simply looking after it untill it is time to pass it on.

Beautiful to see people experiencing the after effects of the Camino.
John Brierley put it wonderfully here. Like many others my Life Camino began on TWOSJ.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back