• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tent Camino Packing List

Jillirello

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago 2019
Hi all! I'm planning to bring my tent for some nights and wondered about packing lists specific to tent camping. I'm not sure if I'll be there this summer or fall... So lists covering late June to late October would be awesome. Thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi all! I'm planning to bring my tent for some nights and wondered about packing lists specific to tent camping. I'm not sure if I'll be there this summer or fall... So lists covering late June to late October would be awesome. Thank you!
Do you do much pack camping bring the same stuff. Unless you want to cook there are plenty of cafes and restaurants to eat at. Other than food for pack camping I carry 1 set of clothes to change sleeping pad and sleeping bag and 1st Aid kit, plus rain gear. Of course the tent.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hi, Jill an a warm welcome with your first post :)

Your question is difficult to answer because other than tent camping, you do not state under what conditions you are planning to camp.

For instance, will you just want to pitch a tent in campgrounds or albergue yard space; will you plan on eating at bars and restaurants, etc, are you needing to have the container capacity for water in a dry camp, etc.

I can share my list of equipment, gear, and clothing as is used when wilderness backpacking, but that may be far more than you have in mind.

I don´t know if you already know about the Leave No Trace principles.
Is The most important when camping outside is to learn and practice these principles.
Check here: https://lnt.org/why/7-principles/

Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Tenting commando in a farmer's field or off in the woods? Albergue yards? Those rest areas provided at the entrance to villages and towns? Many similar demands many different as well. You will be eating so you will also be...ah...needing a trowel. I often tent out never on the Camino but one accident happens all too often. The elastic in the tent pole breaks/gets tired/otherwise stretched and useless so I always bring along 5-6 meters of cotton clothes line cord - not heavy can be strung from a tree to a tree in place of a pole, drying laundry, in place of a belt, <- looking left you will see that I am an advocate of Australian style bush hats in rain and strong winds I never loose it. A small pocket knife with corkscrew of course.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
These are opinions. Know the law.

Hi! When I have camped on pilgrimage, the only additional equipment I brought was... the tent of course plus a sleeping mat. I used my clothes as a pillow. The sleeping bag I carry anyway when staying in albergues.
I didn’t do any cooking so no need for a stove etc.
It really depends what sort of camping you intend to do....?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.