A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

tent?

I am about to begin El Camino Frances in August and I was wondering if it would be necessary to bring a tent or not? por caso? just in case? thoughts?
vanessa

Advertisment

omar504

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
i.m reporting from the depths of arczacq about 120 kms from sjpdd. i have my tent with me and have carried it since le puy_luckily its lighweight;i have not used it yet and dont expect to use/be able to use it in spain
several places have offered camping but the cost is about half the cost of a bed so i dont really see the point

On the Camino Frances the villages having available albergues are never beyond casual walking distance so there is almost no need to burden yourself with a tent's weight. I'd have to put a tent's importance even behind that of a sleeping mat and category both as useless weight you likely will discover you regretted lugging with you.

Please, whenever you begin to spend so much time upon your feet, and living out of a pack,"Less is always best", especially near the end of every long day upon them!

The Camino experience is not like a long hike in some remote wilderness.

Advertisment

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
J Camino Frances 9
I Camino Frances 16
Matthew Fitzhenry Camino Frances 13
CowboyJoe Camino Frances 16
CowboyJoe Camino Frances 29

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.4%
  • June