• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Terrified And Unsure Of How To Travel From Paris To Sjpp

StephanieSantiagogo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago
This is me and my mothers first time walking a trail. Our plane Arrives in Paris at 8:45 am On April the 18th... We would like to SJPP on the same date and we just don't know how or what to do.. when I looked up the times for the TGV train it turned out that the earliest after 8 leaves at 10:16am to Bordeaux Saint Jean It arrives at BSJ at 14:34... however the connection time is a mere 11 minutes to get to the Bordeaux Saint Jean to Bayonne train leaves at 14:45 ... I'm wondering if that's enough time as we don't speak any french... the next train to Bayonne from Bordeaux Saint Jean seems to be at 20:47 but that seems too late... as if we arrive in Bayonne at that time we won't be able to get a train from Bayonne to SJPP as the latest from bayonne to SJPP seems to be at 18:06 and arrives at 19:31 Any and all help will be appreciated!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
No need to be terrified!
In Bayonne riders usually just walk across the station platform from the train arriving from Paris to the local train departing for Bayonne. Show any conductor your connecting ticket for help determining the correct platform number from the screens displayed along the platforms.

Please also see what I just posted in this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/advice-on-accommodation-please.46963/

Last edited:
Hi Stephanie, I agree with mspath that it shouldn't be a problem hopping over to the next train... however I have just checked on the SNCF website for 18 April and there is indeed another train Bordeaux-Bayonne at 15h51 (arriving 17h32) which would give you more than enough time to make the connection to SJPP! If for any reason Paris train is delayed they should allow you to get onto the next available train, so don't stress too much...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Consider slowing things down a little and reducing your stress. That's a lot of traveling all in one day- then you've got to get up and climb a big ol' mountain. Consider getting a hotel in Bayonne for the night, rest up and take the 0700 train (or SNCF bus) down to SJPP. You'll thank yourself.

I agree with the advice above, the two train connections are possible but the journey seems too tight for your comfort, so make a night's stop. There's also the possibility that your flight could be delayed, in which case you'd be even more stressed.

Stay over in Bayonne and you'll feel more refreshed before you start walking and get to see a tiny bit of France. You can arrive afternoon or evening, have dinner, even see a bit of the town the next morning, and get the train to SJPP relaxed and as fresh as a daisy.

Can anyone recommend a nice friendly hotel in Bayonne?

If you are very scared in general, send me a Private Message.

Last edited:
This is me and my mothers first time walking a trail. Our plane Arrives in Paris at 8:45 am On April the 18th... We would like to SJPP on the same date and we just don't know how or what to do.. when I looked up the times for the TGV train it turned out that the earliest after 8 leaves at 10:16am to Bordeaux Saint Jean It arrives at BSJ at 14:34... however the connection time is a mere 11 minutes to get to the Bordeaux Saint Jean to Bayonne train leaves at 14:45 ... I'm wondering if that's enough time as we don't speak any french... the next train to Bayonne from Bordeaux Saint Jean seems to be at 20:47 but that seems too late... as if we arrive in Bayonne at that time we won't be able to get a train from Bayonne to SJPP as the latest from bayonne to SJPP seems to be at 18:06 and arrives at 19:31 Any and all help will be appreciated!

I also fly into Paris and I decided to book a flight to bairritz from Paris which is quick and then get the bourricott shuttle service to transfer you to St Jean Pied de Port the same day. They meet each flight but it's best to book. You could be in SJPDP by 1-2pm. If you would like more info on this option please message me and I will be happy to help. Regards Rachel :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I agree with the advice above, the two train connections are possible but the journey seems too tight for your comfort, so make a night's stop. There's also the possibility that your flight could be delayed, in which case you'd be even more stressed.

Stay over in Bayonne and you'll feel more refreshed before you start walking and get to see a tiny bit of France. You can arrive afternoon or evening, have dinner, even see a bit of the town the next morning, and get the train to SJPP relaxed and as fresh as a daisy.

Here are 3 links for inexpensive simple places to stay in Bayonne.

http://www.albergue-bayonne.com/en

aguirresal@aguirre.fr tel. +33 559598349, Cell ph +33 683147068
Address: 4 impasse du gayon maison la gayonnette, Bayonne
Price sleeping 20€+ 5€ for a good breakfast

http://hotel-montecarlo.allcommerces.com/

Hola Stephanie - welcome to the Forum. A couple of suggestions: 1) planning to get from CDG (Paris International Airport) to Gare de Montparnasse in 90 mins is cutting it very fine. I suggest that you check for a later departing train. I know that the SNCF web site is not the easiest to navigate, but there should be a later train at least as far as Bordeaux. Booking your tickets in advance is recommended -especially as you are travelling on the Tuesday after the Easter Holiday.
2) May I ask how long is your international flight? - jet lag is something you should consider - even for a 4 or 6 hour flight - if you are crossing more than 3 time zones I would suggest a rest day somewhere between arriving in Paris and commencing your pilgrimage. A night in Paris would allow you to get the 6.17 or the 7.17 (approx times - please don't quote me). One of these is a direct train to Bayonne and then connects with the train to St Jean (oh BTW - there was an earlier post about buses replacing trains between Bayonne and St Jean - but I can't recall if the track work will be finished before Easter. Either way the buses operate to the train times - as far as possible).

Buen Camino!

91 minutes to get across Paris is tight but is possible if you take a taxi (about €60) and don't have to wait too long for luggage. The 11 min change of platforms in St Jean Bordeaux is also quite possible (French trains are generally very punctual). I used the SNCF app for my phone and that tells you which platform you are arriving and departing from and any delays or changes of platform. If you have a lay over in St Jean Bordeaux, there is a nice bar and a McDonalds but hopefully you won't need either. If you want to stay anywhere I would suggest Bayonne is the better option as St Jean Bordeaux is in the rough end of town and I suspect Bayonne being smaller will be cheaper.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is a direct train from Gare Montparnasse about noon. It arrives at Bayonne about 1800. It is just in time to connect to the last TER #62 train (or bus) direct to SJPdP. BTW, they hold the TER departure if the TGV is delayed.

I think this is more reasonable. It avoids the correspondence / change at Bordeaux. IMHO, it is also a more leisurely segue from flying to ground transport.

From just outside CDG baggage claim, like 50 meters away at the curb, take the Le Bus Direct to Gare Montparnasse. The ride is about 70 minutes. IIRC, the fare is about €15 (cash). Find schedules and more info at the CDG web site. Look under transportation...

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I booked a flight to Biarrtz from CDG. Plan to take a taxi/ bus to Bayonne, then train to SJPP. I havent departed yet so I hope all will go smoothly. I struggled with the same problem. The flight to Biarrtz was only $50. Hope this helps

There is no way you will get from an 0845 arrival at CDG to the CDG 2 train station for 1016 ... even if your plane arrives on time. Getting off the plane, collecting baggage, customs, and getting around in CDG is going to take more than 1:30 hours.

See Paris airport website for CDG:

Paris Airport
http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en

Gare CDG 2 (Roissy)
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frmlw/aeroport-charles-gaulle-2-tgv

There are several train stations in Paris with trains that depart for Irun/Hendaye with a stop at Bayonne.

If you try the SNCF website you will find there are more frequent trains from Paris Gare Montparnasse. I would suggest the train that departs at 1223 would be more achievable.

SNCF is the actual service provider; use their website.
http://www.sncf.com/

Gare Montparnasse
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frpmo/paris-montparnasse

There is a bus - Le Bus Direct - from CDG airport to Gare Montparnasse.
http://www.lebusdirect.com/en/

You can also take RER B train from CDG airport to St Michel Notre Dame and transfer to Metro line 4. Take the Metro to Montparnasse Bienvenue.

RATP Paris (transit for Paris)
http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/

Gare Bordeaux is relatively small. The transfer involves crossing the platform from one train to the other. No sweat. The train to Bayonne waits for the Paris train if it is late.

You can do a virtual walk through Gare Bordeaux on the website. Notice the overhead signs indicating trains destinations and platforms. Your train will terminate in Irun/Hendaye; you won't find Bayonne listed.

Gare Bordeaux
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frboj/bordeaux-saint-jean

Yup. Last train from Bayonne to SJPdP leaves at 1806. It will wait for passengers from Paris if the train is late.
Currently the tracks for this leg are washed out so no train. Exit the station to board the bus being provided in place of the train. Same schedule and fare.

Do the virtual walk to find the SNCF bus stop.

Gare Bayonne
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frxby/bayonne

You might want to consider planning to stay in Bayonne for the night. The 1223 train from Montparnasse is the last that arrives before the 1806 leaves from Bayonne. Your 0845 arrival in Paris does not leave a lot of room for delays. First train to SJPdP leaves Bayonne 0745.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a train from Bordeaux at 15:51 ,

So connection is
Depart CDG 2 at 10:16 (tgv 5202)
Arr Bordeaux st jean 14:34

Depart Bordeaux st jean 15:51 (tgv 8537)
Arr Bayonne at 17:32

Onward connection to SJPdp at 18:06

I am booked on this , you can book directly from :
http://m.sncf.com/

Key in departing from CDG , not Paris and this schedule will appear.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Stephanie:

If your ticket is purchased all the way through there will not be any issue. The train schedules are visibly posted and there will be plenty of people to help. Just learn to say excuse me, please and thank you.

You could also look for other Pilgrims on the train and connect with them. It is a long but nice train ride.

If you have not bought a train ticket yet, you might consider a flight on easyJet. Some days they have a 3:00 pm flight.

Ultreya,
Joe

I just looked on the easyJet site and they have a 10:50 flight from CDG to Biarritz for 84 Euro's. It arrives in Biarritz at 12:15 pm.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
I too struggled with the same question in May 2016, however, it is an easy trip from CDG to SJPDP.
My daughter and I arrived in CDG at 0800 from Toronto, took the train into Paris, walked to the Eiffel Tower and had lunch at a restaurant, then
took a taxi to Orly (20 Euros) for our 3 o'clock flight to Bayonne. In Bayonne we had pre-organized a shared van. The driver was a bit late meeting us at the airport which is very small. We travelled with 6 pilgrims from Australia, Canada and New Zealand and arrived in SJPDP at 6:00 in time to check in, get our passports, window shop, have a nice meal and a good night sleep to leave at 0900 to Roncesvalles (Napoleonic Route). Book your shared van on-line now so you can reserve a spot. There are a few companies. Express Bourricot is one by I can't recall which one we took. It cost us around 18 E each as the van was just shy of full. This eliminated all the stress of trains and buses from Bayonne to SJPDP.
If the morning you leave is a market day, I would very highly recommend stopping there on your way out of SJPDP as they have great fruit, bread and cheese to enjoy as you walk over low Pyrenees

Jamie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello! Wow! I didnt expect such a quick and many responses from so many people ! Im honestly grateful for all and each of your help you guys are all truely amazing! I will have to talk to my mother about all of the accomodation options listed above ! Thank you so much everyone ! And honestly im terrified but at the same time im excited ive never done something like this before so im scared but im very hopeful and excited for this journey :)

@StephanieSantiagogo @notion900
I stayed here in 2013 about a 10 maybe 15 min walk from the train but partly because I made a wrong turn.
http://www.legrandhotelbayonne.com/fr/page/hotel-luxe-bayonne-offres-speciales.6.html
Close in town and town is not big so easy to navigate.

Good luck and buen camino y ultreia!

Hello! Wow! I didnt expect such a quick and many responses from so many people ! Im honestly grateful for all and each of your help you guys are all truely amazing! I will have to talk to my mother about all of the accomodation options listed above ! Thank you so much everyone ! And honestly im terrified but at the same time im excited ive never done something like this before so im scared but im very hopeful and excited for this journey :)

Stay excited! In my experience, the first few days--leaving home, the flight, getting to SJPP, and beginning the walk up a mountain--are the hardest and most stressful of the whole Camino. You will be surprised how many people will happily point you and your mom in the right direction and answer your questions, and soon you will relax and feel independent and confident. Don't forget to breathe!! And have a great time.

I just looked on the easyJet site and they have a 10:50 flight from CDG to Biarritz for 84 Euro's. It arrive in Biarritz at 12:15 pm.
Just to be clear Biarritz Pays Basque Airport [BIQ] serves both Biarritz and Bayonne, so when people talk above about flying to Bayonne that's where they mean.
Also there's no special need to get up at the crack of dawn to get from Bayonne to SJPP, especially if you have a reservation. It's only 1 hour 20 on the train. Enjoy a lie-in, and Bayonne for a few hours, it's a lovely place.

Last edited:
Perhaps don't be in too much of a rush to get to St J PdeP. If you haven't been to Bayonne before, the central city area is lovely, and well worth a wander. It sits on the junction of two rivers, and you stroll across the bridges from the station to get there. Wander round the narrow cobbled streets with their boutiques and restaurants, say hello to the huge plastic(?) dog outside one of the shops, if he's still there, marvel at the 12th century Chateau Ancienne and its history, and spend some contemplative time in the Cathedral if you're so inclined. If you catch the bus next morning up to StJPdeP (next to the station)it's a lovely windy route. But if there aren't many passengers (only three when I went, and one was a local) don't hesitate to ask about the right bus as it can be a bit confusing.
De
Colores
Bogong

Just to be clear Biarritz Pays Basque Airport [BIQ] serves both Biarritz and Bayonne, so when people talk above about flying to Bayonne that's where they mean.
Also there's no special need to get up at the crack of dawn to get from Bayonne to SJPP, especially if you have a reservation. It's only 1 hour 20 on the train. Enjoy a lie-in, and Bayonne for a few hours, it's a lovely place.

Notion900:

I am not sure why you used my quote but my posts were meant to ease this individuals concerns. There is no problem taking the train but it seemed this person was concerned with the transfer in Bordeaux.

I also suggested you could take an easyJet flight out of CDG and take the long train ride and transfers out of the equation. There is a 10:50 flight to Biarritz (90 minute flight) airport

Then one can share a cab www.expressbourricot to SJPdP, or bus/cab/walk to Bayonne train station and take the train to SJPdP.

Ultreya,
Joe

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@jpflavin1 I don't know why I quoted you either! Someone way up thread mentioned flying to Bayonne, I meant to quote them. [This airport used to be called Biarritz-Bayonne which was less confusing for people.]

Last edited:
We did this and found it to be a fun and relaxing way to start the trip:

Aeroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle TGV 10:16 to Bordeaux-St-Jean 14:34

Bordeaux-St-Jean 15:51 to Bayonne 17:32

Bayonne 18:06 to St Jean Pied de Port 19:31

After customs in CDG, head downstairs to the TGV station. Catnap on the train. Wander around Bordeaux for an hour; we went to the cathedral and saw our first St. James and scallop shells, arriving back at the station in time to grab an ice cream and Diet Coke, my favorite oxymoron. Jump on the next train and switch in Bayonne. Get off the train and switch to a bus during an impromptu rail strike. Arrive in SJPDP in time for a late dinner and stroll, tired and ready to de-jetlag.

Wouldn't hesitate to use the same routing again. Buen Camino!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As I recall, not all CDG terminals have direct access to the TGV station. I believe the TGV station is directly across from Terminal 2. But, the above suggestion works well if you can walk directly to the TGV station form baggage claim.

If you arrive at another terminal you must factor extra time to use the airport shuttle bus system to get to Terminal 2.

If I remembered incorrectly, please correct me.

I hope this helps.

I had trouble with a tight connection in Bordeaux and missed my train and this is why: I was looking for a train to Bayonne on the reader board to see which track to go to but Bayonne was not listed because it was not the FINAL destination for that train. I should have been looking for the TRAIN NUMBER. It was momentarily terrifying but I was able to get it figured out and caught a later train. I suggest translating Please direct me to the train to Bayonne and Is this the train to Bayonne? in French and writing it on a card, just in case. Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello,

I suggest translating Please direct me to the train to Bayonne and Is this the train to Bayonne? in French and writing it on a card, just in case. Buen Camino.

= "Pourriez-vous m'indiquer le train pour Bayonne, s'il vous plait ?"
and
= "Est-ce que c'est bien le train pour Bayonne ?"

What worked for me...from CDG
Take the bus to Montparnasse station. At Montparnasse take the Hendaye Train to Bayonne. ( you can book this on line now). In Bayonne follow directions to the local platform for the train to SJPP. (Also on line)
Don't forget to breathe
This has worked for me 3 times.

It is worth re-stating that if you are travelling to Bayonne from Montparnasse Station it is the Hendaye Train. It is scheduled around noon.

I am not writing from personal experience, so take this with a grain of salt. In researching our own travel options for our first Camino this summer, I concluded that the best option was to fly to Biarritz. Roundtrip airfares are only around 100 euros at the moment, which makes them competitive with the TGV, and the total travel time is much shorter. (You can also book an "open jaw" flight itinerary to return to Paris from a different airport.) Once in Biarritz, you can either transfer to Bayonne and take a train from there to SJPdP or take a shuttle directly from the airport to SJPdP. We will probably do the latter. Google "Express Bouricot" to find the shuttle service.

I also fly into Paris and I decided to book a flight to bairritz from Paris which is quick and then get the bourricott shuttle service to transfer you to St Jean Pied de Port the same day. They meet each flight but it's best to book. You could be in SJPDP by 1-2pm. If you would like more info on this option please message me and I will be happy to help. Regards Rachel :)
I will be doing the same thing. It allows a lot more time on the arrival date, with little or no extra expenses.

Just another assuring note: when we travelled last October our train arrived late at Bayonne but they'd arranged a bus to take people on to SJPPas they realise, of course, pilgrims, and others, want to make that connection. The bus ride was the scariest bit actually for me, The driver was very confident of the road but I wasn't.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There is no way you will get from an 0845 arrival at CDG to the CDG 2 train station for 1016 ... even if your plane arrives on time. Getting off the plane, collecting baggage, customs, and getting around in CDG is going to take more than 1:30 hours.

See Paris airport website for CDG:

Paris Airport

Gare CDG 2 (Roissy)

There are several train stations in Paris with trains that depart for Irun/Hendaye with a stop at Bayonne.

If you try the SNCF website you will find there are more frequent trains from Paris Gare Montparnasse. I would suggest the train that departs at 1223 would be more achievable.

SNCF is the actual service provider; use their website.
http://www.sncf.com/

Gare Montparnasse
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frpmo/paris-montparnasse

There is a bus - Le Bus Direct - from CDG airport to Gare Montparnasse.
http://www.lebusdirect.com/en/

You can also take RER B train from CDG airport to St Michel Notre Dame and transfer to Metro line 4. Take the Metro to Montparnasse Bienvenue.

RATP Paris (transit for Paris)
http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/

Gare Bordeaux is relatively small. The transfer involves crossing the platform from one train to the other. No sweat. The train to Bayonne waits for the Paris train if it is late.

You can do a virtual walk through Gare Bordeaux on the website. Notice the overhead signs indicating trains destinations and platforms. Your train will terminate in Irun/Hendaye; you won't find Bayonne listed.

Gare Bordeaux
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frboj/bordeaux-saint-jean

Yup. Last train from Bayonne to SJPdP leaves at 1806. It will wait for passengers from Paris if the train is late.
Currently the tracks for this leg are washed out so no train. Exit the station to board the bus being provided in place of the train. Same schedule and fare.

Do the virtual walk to find the SNCF bus stop.

Gare Bayonne
https://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frxby/bayonne

You might want to consider planning to stay in Bayonne for the night. The 1223 train from Montparnasse is the last that arrives before the 1806 leaves from Bayonne. Your 0845 arrival in Paris does not leave a lot of room for delays. First train to SJPdP leaves Bayonne 0745.

How much time do you believe is necessary to get from the CDG airport (flying in from Boston) to the CDG 2 train station for a 1016 departure? If my flight arrives on time I will have 2 1/2 hours and will not need to collect any baggage.

How much time do you believe is necessary to get from the CDG airport (flying in from Boston) to the CDG 2 train station for a 1016 departure? If my flight arrives on time I will have 2 1/2 hours and will not need to collect any baggage.

I would allow minimum one hour to get off the plane, collect baggage (minimal so it matters nought to the estimate if you didn't check any), and customs.

Customs is a WAG. Most places pass their citizens first then the tourists (ie you). If there are several planes arriving at the same time ... the hour quoted so far goes for much longer ...

CDG is a BIG airport. Some terminal to terminal trips can take up to 1:30 hours ... though the norm is more like half an hour.

So 2:00 hours so far is probably reasonable guesstimate. You don't have much margin for getting train tickets and boarding. If your plane arrives late ...

My estimates are pessimistic ... and pessimists are right more often than optimists. I would plan to catch the 1016 but I would have a 'Plan B'. I wouldn't buy tickets in advance for anything less than 4 hours after stated landing time ... and that margin hasn't been enough on more than one occasion.

See Paris airport website for CDG details. I'd suggest doing a map recce so you don't spend time lost. The website shows time needed to get around figured out:

Paris Airport

Gare CDG 2 (Roissy)

I would allow minimum one hour to get off the plane, collect baggage (minimal so it matters nought to the estimate if you didn't check any), and customs.

Customs is a WAG. Most places pass their citizens first then the tourists (ie you). If there are several planes arriving at the same time ... the hour quoted so far goes for much longer ...

CDG is a BIG airport. Some terminal to terminal trips can take up to 1:30 hours ... though the norm is more like half an hour.

So 2:00 hours so far is probably reasonable guesstimate. You don't have much margin for getting train tickets and boarding. If your plane arrives late ...

My estimates are pessimistic ... and pessimists are right more often than optimists. I would plan to catch the 1016 but I would have a 'Plan B'. I wouldn't buy tickets in advance for anything less than 4 hours after stated landing time ... and that margin hasn't been enough on more than one occasion.

See Paris airport website for CDG details. I'd suggest doing a map recce so you don't spend time lost. The website shows time needed to get around figured out:

Paris Airport

Gare CDG 2 (Roissy)
Thanks for the info. I'll have my fingers crossed that 2.5 hours will be enough time.

BTW. Customs is a WAG? Not familiar with that acronym. Doesn't sound good.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

We flew into CDG, but too late to get a flight to Biarritz/Bayonne out of Orly. So we decided to take the night train instead. So we had the afternoon in Paris, and time to take the RER/metro (cheaper) out of CDG. We stashed our packs in lockers at Gare d'Austerlitz, walked along the Seine, visited Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower, and had a great dinner. We arrived in Bayonne early in the morning-- We had time to visit the cathedral, the museum, have a quick breakfast and buy bread, fruit and cheese for our picnic lunch, before we walked back to the train station to get the small train to SJPP. -- We are catholic, and if I had known about the night pilgrimage at SacreCouer I would have done that and taken the train the next morning. I think it would be a great way to begin our Chemin (Camino).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back