A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Test of the new forum version

Advertisment

Doogman

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Many more in the future (hopefully)
Hi Ivar: I cannot confirm that they "are working as they should", but I can confirm that things appear to be working. I can see the recent posts. Thanks for all of your work!

Advertisment

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Sinfin
This is working.
This is looking great.
Thanks to everyone involved in the latest update. And to all caminantes, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
This is a test.. can someone please respond to this to see if things work as they should?

Thank you!
Ivar
Nice and clear on Kindle Fire and also Android phone - both without logging in.

Logged in on computer. Can the 'stay logged in be an opt-in rather than opt out? or is that difficult?

Also very clear on computer and easy to navigate so far. I cannot see the various sub-forums (community) anywhere except at the bottom of the page. Can you make a link at the top too please, it would be helpful.
Great work. Thanks Ivar.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Just noticed that all my entries under my avatar have disappeared, so no record of Caminos walked. Just the avatar, user name 'Veteran member' and 'Donating Member' Will we need to re-enter details or will they appear later?
My 'signature' is OK under the posts

Annette london

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Oh dear,
Is it only me!!!!

I can't make head nor tail of it!!!
Was unable to find any of the threads posted this morning

Annette

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
This is a test.. can someone please respond to this to see if things work as they should?

Thank you!
Ivar
Working fine for me, Ivar! I'm on my phone (Android) and all looks good. I don't see a "recent posts" section but I think that may have merged with "new posts".

One discovery so far: New posts defaults to listing only those threads with new posts, but for anyone like me who found it useful on the old recent posts list to see the threads without new posts since you last checked, you can uncheck an option under Filters, and then check "save as default". That will give you the equivalent of the old recent posts.

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
One thing to be wary of - the "post reply" button below where you write your reply is a bit easy to hit accidentally before you're ready! (Or is if you're a fumble-fingers like me!!)

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Just a bit confusing for now but I think I will like this better. Except I can no longer post from my desktop. It is an old Linux system with an old browser so I don't expect a fix. On Windows 10 laptop Firefox tried to get me to login via a third party and that is new. Opera there worked as expected. Android on smartphone OK. Agree with Tia Valeria on her missing items.

Just an FYI, there will be very few posts from me for awhile as all my data is on the Linux system.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Just a bit confusing for now but I think I will like this better. Except I can no longer post from my desktop. It is an old Linux system with an old browser so I don't expect a fix. On Windows 10 laptop Firefox tried to get me to login via a third party and that is new. Opera there worked as expected. Android on smartphone OK. Agree with Tia Valeria on her missing items.

Just an FYI, there will be very few posts from me for awhile as all my data is on the Linux system.
Get your system fixed asap. I enjoy your posts.

trecile

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Aug - Sept (2016) SJPDP - Finisterre
July - Aug (2017) SJPDP - Muxia - Finisterre
I do miss seeing member information under their name; home location, caminos walked, etc.
Knowing a member's home location can be especially useful when giving advice.

Edit: I noticed that I can see some of this info by hovering my mouse over their name

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Will do some more work on this tomorrow... but it looks like things are working well for now. Mañana mas :eek:
Upon awakening this morning in Los Angeles. I read post about system being down around 4pm. I thought 4pm my time. Life!

Nekodemus

Certified insane
Camino(s) past & future
Been there, done that. Keep coming back.
Most likely addicted.
Clean, crisp layout. It's easier to get an overview (New posts) and easier to read messages.
It's now much easier to see, when a message was written

I like that you've removed clutter from under the profile avatars.

peregrino_tom

Donating Member
I do miss seeing member information under their name; home location, caminos walked, etc.
Edit: I noticed that I can see some of this info by hovering my mouse over their name
Glad that trecile found this. i think once you know where to find it it's fine. The first advert is huge and covers all nearly my screen but otherwise it all looks pretty good to me. I've been checking the responsiveness by squeezing the active window to very small and then opening it to very wide and it seems to suffer a little confusion between the tablet and mobile versions? But fine really.

Nekodemus

Certified insane
Camino(s) past & future
Been there, done that. Keep coming back.
Most likely addicted.
Let's just agree to disagree then ;) I certainly don't miss the "caminos past and present". I much prefer the "mouse-over" function. Much less clutter makes for an easier read.

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Have to say I prefer the previous version...

HedaP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
It’s working and I like it. It’s cleaner and easier to navigate. Given the amount of time I spend on this forum, it’s a bit disconcerting to see just how many threads have posts that I haven’t read o_O but cherry picking is good, right? ;) And I like the new smileys. Members might need to check privacy settings as they seem to have reverted to default.

Last edited:

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF011, CF012, CP013, CF014, CA015, S.Anton015, CF015, CI015
Ditch Pig016, CF017, CP017, CdN(018)

Yes, most of the year I am working from my desktop. Haven't even ventured to trying it out on my iPhone.

Stivandrer

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
JeezezMary&Jozeph,

I feel like I ended up in the old pensioners corner of the public Library where all the screens are in MagnaPrint.

- At least the colours are very bright and there´s hi graph viz.
Would it be an idea if you could choose your own font size yourself, on a button somewhere at the top of the page !??

1516134014074.png

Last edited:

Robo

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
Alone.
------------------------------
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
with my wife Pat.
------------------------------
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
together again :-)
Call me "old school" but I like the previous format. I am like Annette, I can't navigate the site the way I was able to do before. At least it is working.
Tend to agree, sorry :(
The font sizes, colours and spacing on the old version made it far easier to read and navigate. This seems more 'pastel' and less contrast.
The latest threads and trending threads seem to have gone?

JohnMcM

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - Muxia - Finisterre 2014
StJPdP to Burgos 2015
Primitivo 2015
Porto -SDC 2016
Portuguese Senda Litoral 2016
Ingles 2016
Will do some more work on this tomorrow... but it looks like things are working well for now. Mañana mas :eek:
Looking good for me on my Ipad2. Everything seems to be ok, although we'll need to get used to the new layout.

Can't find the Calendar yet, will keep trying.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
Can anyone tell me how to get to Private Conversations? I saw a message when I logged on, but now I can't find how to get back to the conversations.

I am the person at my place of work who always is asked to read the general memos on tech issues before they are sent, on the theory of my tech team that if I can understand them, everyone in the office will. So the fact that I am not hopelessly confused by the new format is a good thing! And I know from past experience that after a week or so, it will all seem much less confusing.
I agree with trecile -- I also like the feature that shows where people are from; that is often a relevant bit of information for the question asked.

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Actually the more I play around with this the more I like it. Very clean and uncluttered as others have said. I can only speak for the mobile version but I'm finding the navigation simpler and clearer. Like the side menu, and I also like not having all those trending threads etc at the bottom of every page.

Good one Ivar!

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Can anyone tell me how to get to Private Conversations? I saw a message when I logged on, but now I can't find how to get back to the conversations.

I am the person at my place of work who always is asked to read the general memos on tech issues before they are sent, on the theory of my tech team that if I can understand them, everyone in the office will. So the fact that I am not hopelessly confused by the new format is a good thing! And I know from past experience that after a week or so, it will all seem much less confusing.
I agree with trecile -- I also like the feature that shows where people are from; that is often a relevant bit of information for the question asked.
@peregrina2000 On the mobile version there's a little envelope symbol at the top of the screen - that's the Conversations area.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member

You have the private conversations in your Inbox at the top right...
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 21.48.26.png
Hope this helps,
Ivar

Athena Atterdag

time&space traveller
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Via Francigena (2017, 2018)
Via Turonensis, Paris to Chartres (2018)
Camino de Invierno (2018)
I had to log in, and I miss seeing other people's info under their avatars (thanks to @trecile for the tip about hovering the cursor above a member's avatar or username! But the list of Caminos seems to be still missing), but I like the new layout and find it to be easier to read!

(On a side-note: oh, I *love* this community! Even a major change in layout is met very kindly, and even those who find it less comfortable and easy to navigate than the previous version post very polite comments!)

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
If you click the "Forums" link at the top (on the computer), or the forum Logo at the top (if on mobile), you go to the front page of the forum.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

Scrolling down you will find the list of the various Caminos.

Also, if you are on mobile, there is a menu at the top left that looks like 3 horizontal lines... tap that and a menu will appear... just a tip.

More tomorrow!
Ivar

Athena Atterdag

time&space traveller
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Via Francigena (2017, 2018)
Via Turonensis, Paris to Chartres (2018)
Camino de Invierno (2018)
If you click the "Forums" link at the top (on the computer), or the forum Logo at the top (if on mobile), you go to the front page of the forum.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

Scrolling down you will find the list of the various Caminos.

Also, if you are on mobile, there is a menu at the top left that looks like 3 horizontal lines... tap that and a menu will appear... just a tip.

More tomorrow!
Ivar
Thanks for the tip @ivar, didn't know that!

As for the list, I meant the list of Caminos one has walked or is planning to walk - it used to be under the avatar and member info.

By the way, I like how the list on the front page is looking now, easier to view this way, in my opinion :)

Chris66

Castanja di Compostella
Camino(s) past & future
walking the Camino Frances in april 2018
Great Job Ivar!. As a webdesigner i know its not easy to make a site what works fine for everybody. We all have different computers/media/laptop/ipads etc...Windows 7, 8 or 10, iMac, apple Linux etc...A modern website must be responsive. In this case if you make your browser smaller from left to right and the site goes with it, than its responsive for different media. In this case your website works fine for me. Its a new route we have to deal with. :)

C clearly

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
It looks great. I was bereft this morning when I couldn't get on, but an hour later it was fine.

I will mention something that it took me a few minutes to figure out, and others might also wonder. I regularly used the "Recent Posts" button as well as the "New Posts", but couldn't see it. Then I realized that, at least when I am signed in, the feed defaults to show only new posts, because the filter "Unread" is the default (on a band across the top of the thread listing). If you click on the X by the filter, it will stop filtering and show all recent threads. On the right side you can easily re-filter when you want to look at "Recents." When you close and re-open, the "New Post" filter re-appears.

It works well now that I know what to do.

P.S. I like the new look and find the font, etc., to be clearer than before!

Last edited:

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Sinfin
"Test of the new forum version"

The more I test the capabilities of the new and improved forum, the more I like it.

Buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Well, I just now am seeing all these new posts. I hope I learn to navigate the new format quickly...I'm kind of a slow learner all things techy!

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Navigation is more difficult and hidden, IMHO.

MickMac

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances July 2018 - Meseta
Like it, easy to navigate. Congrats well done! Any chance of spell check or am I missing something.?

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Sinfin
Like it, easy to navigate. Congrats well done! Any chance of spell check or am I missing something.?
You can do test on the post reply box, write down a couple of misspelled words and they will be underlined (red underline). Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

mlhhome

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Various (‘12, ‘13, ‘15, ‘16, ‘18)
Ivar,
This format works well on the eyes. I am afraid the upgrade won’t help my Camino addiction. I am afraid, I will be back more often.

Bala

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (Oct 2015, SJPdP-Burgos)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Santiago 2018)
It's working well on my Galaxy 6, I haven't logged on from my laptop yet. I find the font and format very readable. Like all new things, it will take me time to get used to something different. But so far I find it user friendly.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Sinfin
I like this

On the main menu (upper left with the forum logo), next to "New Posts" check the "Find threads" (with drop down menu). I like this option, now I can find ALL my posts with only one click (the threads with your posts option).

Buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Momonne

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primtivo, Portuguese, VDLP

Mouse? What mouse? No mouse on a tablet.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Sinfin
Mouse? What mouse? No mouse on a tablet.
True. However, on my cell phone I can click on your name and I can see your Joined date, your Messages, and your Likes. It will take some time for some forum members to get used to the new and improved forum. Change is good. Buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
I am devastated, we can’t keep score regarding who got the more « likes » any more.;) And no more bragging rights listing all our Caminos and when we walked them. Oh my ego hurts. :cool:
You can still add them and they will appear under the post.
I still find it interesting to know which Caminos people walked so I'm able to ask them a specific question regarding that Camino.

Btw, like the new look. Especially the font : a joy for my older eyes :D

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Some of us have our Camino blog links under our posts so the old style short list under the avatar was useful. Hope it comes back - with the same character limit that was brought in recently. Myabe with the hover facility like the other details. (Thanks @trecile for that tip)

HedaP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
This is just an observation. I don’t miss the likes. BTW I know they are there if you click on the name (I don’t have a mouse but that’s fine in all senses of the phrase because mice in rural Australia are an ever present problem!). What I do miss is the number of posts but only for those who are making their first posts. Sometimes knowing that it is a first post or fairly early post is important. I respond a bit differently to someone who is just starting their camino journey. For instance if it is a first post then I welcome them to the forum as part of my response.

Last edited:

Stivandrer

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
My Casa Ivar app (Android) is "disabeled"- I am advised to contact webmaster.
Have tried to erase and reinstall.
I guess it is something that is being looked into later !??

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
My Casa Ivar app (Android) is "disabeled"- I am advised to contact webmaster.
Have tried to erase and reinstall.
I guess it is something that is being looked into later !??
The app developers that developed the app has decided that they will no longer offer me this service.. so the app is out... we would need to use the browser on the phone to access the website.

This newly upgraded site looks great on a phone (I think). It looks a lot like an app... and this was one of the reasons I wanted to do this upgrade now, although I know it is painful for some. Almost 50% of the forum visitors are on phones... another 20% on tablets. The minority of us are using on computers to browse the forum.

Annette london

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
I have found my Caminos list by clicking on my username, then on 'About'. It also works for @SabineP and @GettingThere for me. I have not checked if this works when not logged in.
Hi Tia Valeira,
Trying to find the "about " button ....am still trying!!
Can you give me a clue as to where it might be?
I use an iPad so would this affect the "about" button ?

Seriously, the day's plans have gone to pot today with me being obsessed with how this site works so hope I don't drive everyone around the bend asking questions.
With thanks and best wishes
Annette

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Hi Tia Valeira,
Annette
If you click (not hover) on my user name you should see several flags one of which is 'about'. Click on that and you can see my camino list.

As a separate issue - I find the reply box now being beneath 'Most Liked' a real nuisance as I am having to scroll up to see the recent posts. It is bad enough on a computer but would possibly put me off answering on a smaller screen or without a mouse. Much better to have 'Much liked' at the bottom of the page IMO please @ivar.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hi Tia Valeira,

Seriously, the day's plans have gone to pot today with me being obsessed with how this site works so hope I don't drive everyone around the bend asking questions.
With thanks and best wishes
Annette
If you tap the username... a small window comes up with the user profile of that user. Then you tap the username again and you will get the full user profile. There you will find the "About" link she mentions...

Hope this helps!
Ivar

Annette london

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
If you click (not hover) on my user name you should see several flags one of which is 'about'. Click on that and you can see my camino list.

As a separate issue - I find the reply box now being beneath 'Most Liked' a real nuisance as I am having to scroll up to see the recent posts. Much better to have 'Much liked' at the bottom of the page IMO
Thank you Tia Valeira......and Ivar for your replies ....I did try this as suggested but no go!!
It might be my iPad ..it's not overly important for me so not to worry
As suggested by a member.... why not have the 100 letter info under the avatar ....and also where that person comes from .....
It's actually one of the questions I ask when speaking to people on the Camino ...always makes for an interesting chat
Best wishes

If you tap the username... a small window comes up with the user profile of that user. Then you tap the username again and you will get the full user profile. There you will find the "About" link she mentions...

Hope this helps!
Ivar

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Hola Ivar. Most of the site is working well and is easy to follow once we get used to it. The 'Most liked' section is, as I said above, a nuisance where it is at present as it loses the continuity between the thread and the reply box. Also the box cannot be seen and I only realised where it was when I clicked on 'reply' to Annette's post. Scrolling up and down is very off-putting. Hopefully you can change the position to make the thread and reply run together again - please :)

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hola Ivar. Most of the site is working well and is easy to follow once we get used to it. The 'Most liked' section is, as I said above, a nuisance where it is at present as it loses the continuity between the thread and the reply box. Also the box cannot be seen and I only realised where it was when I clicked on 'reply' to Annette's post. Scrolling up and down is very off-putting. Hopefully you can change the position to make the thread and reply run together again - please :)
Done... this is still a work in progress :)

Oppis

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF -15, VdlP -15, Sanabres-16. Portugues -17, Norte/Primitivo -17, Mozarabe/Torres-18
Can't find my bookmarks anywhere, so far?? Are they lost forever? Nor can't find any tap to make new bookmarks.
Hope to get them back, if possible.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Sinfin
I was checking on the issue mentioned by Miss Annette. You can practice by clicking on lvar's name:

-- A window will open, displaying his name and other information.
-- Click on his name again, on my cell phone I see a left and right arrows at the bottom of the window.
-- Click the right arrow until you find ABOUT, and click it.
-- Now you will see good information about Ivar including a couple of videos in which he is playing a television and movie star, this is great stuff!!!

Already then, continue searching, learning, and having FUN, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
I find the letters a bit too big for comfortable reading, but I guess I will get used to that soon enough. (and if I switch to 12, they become tiny.)

what I miss is the easy distinction between individual posts which was achieved with a coloured band at the top of each post in the old forum version. to me it now looks more as a continuous text and I find it difficult to follow individual posts. :(

like the smileys.

Annette london

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I was checking on the issue mentioned by Miss Annette. You can practice by clicking on lvar's name:

-- A window will open, displaying his name and other information.
-- Click on his name again, on my cell phone I see a left and right arrows at the bottom of the window.
-- Click the right arrow until you find ABOUT, and click it.
-- Now you will see good information about Ivar including a couple of videos in which he is playing a television and movie star, this is great stuff!!!

Already then, continue searching, learning, and having FUN, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Hope this helps!

Thank you sailor ...Tia Valeira ...and ivar...

GOT IT.....eventually
Thanks

Ivar

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I'm really liking the new design so please don't think I'm complaining but here's a bug report and an enhancement request.

I'm using Android on a smartphone. I want to quote a few lines of a lengthy post. I select the text and use the little +quote thing that was popped up but when I go to the text input box I don't see a way to insert the quote.

Also, this is minor, the three buttons below the text input box are staggered because there is no room to have them on one line. If the buttons were just a bit narrower they should fit.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
Eeeek.
CHANGE.
:eek::D:D:D
I was just thinking yesterday that the emojis here were much better than the ones on my phone, and hey presto...today they are gone! And everything's different. Hahahahaha....

So far I don't know what to think, which is a novel state of mind...
I feel a little lost overall, but imagine the strangeness will wear off. It's definitely a cleaner look overall, and once I get over the learning curve, I may surprise myself by preferring the new version.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Sinfin
I'm really liking the new design so please don't think I'm complaining but here's a bug report and an enhancement request.

I'm using Android on a smartphone. I want to quote a few lines of a lengthy post. I select the text and use the little +quote thing that was popped up but when I go to the text input box I don't see a way to insert the quote.

Also, this is minor, the three buttons below the text input box are staggered because there is no room to have them on one line. If the buttons were just a bit narrower they should fit.
Android user here, when you click on the message to be quoted, just check in your message box, a new "Insert quotes" option is now displayed below, click it and the message to be displayed quoted will appear. Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Last edited:

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Done... this is still a work in progress :)
Thank you Ivar that is so much better whether I add my new post as a reply to a specific post or to the thread in general.
I hope that between work, forum update and baby you are actually getting some sleep. ;):)

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Android user here, when you click on the message to be quoted, just check in your message box, a new "Insert quotes" option is now displayed below, click it and the message to be displayed quoted will appear. Good luck, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
Thank you Sailor. I don't know how I missed it.

I would like a cancel or clear button to clear all text in case I changed my mind about posting. Other things are more important now.

Again, thanks to Ivar for an incredible amount of work.

Sheena

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de France (2015), Portuguese Coastal (2016), Ingles (2017), Senda Littoral (2018)

Thank you!
Ivar
Hi Ivar.
It's a good looking version of the website, but I think it'll take a little while to find our way around it.

For example, I don't seem able to find the Calendar.
Please can you tell me where to find it?
Thanks.
Sheena

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 78 16.1%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.1%
  • June