A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Test of the new forum version

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Meseta
Frances 2018
Leon-Ponferrada
Hi Ivar.
It's a good looking version of the website, but I think it'll take a little while to find our way around it.

For example, I don't seem able to find the Calendar.
Please can you tell me where to find it?
Thanks.
Sheena
Found the Calendar but note no leaving dates for 2018 ??

MrLogan

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (September 2019 (hopefully))
This is a test.. can someone please respond to this to see if things work as they should?

Thank you!
Ivar
Hi Ivar,

I really like the new look of the site. It looks cleaner and works well on my devices. That said, did the Special Topics forums disappear? If I’ve gotten the name wrong, I’m thinking of where the various religion-related topics (e.g. Catholic or Ecumenical) were located.

Thank you.

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
I like it Ivar nice clean modern look easy to navigate thank you for all your hard work.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Why not have the "Donating Member" flag under each avatar actually link to a page on why and how to donate?
I found another place to put a donation button without appearing too greedy. When the list of people who like a post is clicked to get a full list a page comes up with the title "Members who liked message #42". Underneath that add "Like the forum? Donate."

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Hi Ivar.
It's a good looking version of the website, but I think it'll take a little while to find our way around it.

For example, I don't seem able to find the Calendar.
Please can you tell me where to find it?
Thanks.
Sheena
Found the Calendar but note no leaving dates for 2018 ??
Found one event listed for April 10th, here is the link.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/covadonga-and-san-sebastian-de-garabandal.52458/

Buena suerte, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
One bit of very positive feedback is that the annoying floating balloons announcing your alerts that were coming up on the left-hand side of the screen after logging in are GONE! Alleluia!!

(Opinion alert...:) I may be in the minority, but I really dislike the new emojis as compared with the ones we had. That's just a strong preference - otherwise, I really like the cleaner look of this new version, and find things work as they should, once I find them.

Kudos, Ivar...doing the design and juggling life with an infant at the same time. That's no small feat, requiring both focused concentration and flexible responsiveness!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
JeezezMary&Jozeph,

I feel like I ended up in the old pensioners corner of the public Library where all the screens are in MagnaPrint.

- At least the colours are very bright and there´s hi graph viz.
Would it be an idea if you could choose your own font size yourself, on a button somewhere at the top of the page !??

View attachment 38794
What are you talking about? The font size is perfect. Oh hang on, I am an old pensioner. :D:D:D

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
Thank you Tia Valeira......and Ivar for your replies ....I did try this as suggested but no go!!
It might be my iPad ..it's not overly important for me so not to worry
As suggested by a member.... why not have the 100 letter info under the avatar ....and also where that person comes from .....
It's actually one of the questions I ask when speaking to people on the Camino ...always makes for an interesting chat
Best wishes
I miss that too. Nice to see where people come from. Previous Camino’s, post count etc. it helps in replying to know if the person is a newbie or an old hand. Now we all look the same. Unless you click on the member to check....

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I too have realised that Ivar's online store has vanished when I am logged in. The only way to find it at present is to log out, call up 2 forum pages so that the '2018 guides' show, log in on one of them and then go to the other page don't refresh it but click on the '2018 guides are out'. Then you can reach the store.

A work around for now which I am sure @ivar will fix. It might be because it is treated as an advert and disappears for donating members

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
You can do as I and others with longer lists did, put your Caminos in your signature.
Sure, but we still don't know where people are from. Just makes things a bit less friendly in my mind. We can't see anything about the member. Posts will need to be qualified all the time, Hi I'm from, never walked, or I'm from.........and have walked every year for the last 50......

But that's just me. ;);)

Always was a bit of a luddite!

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Day 3 of the new and improved forum, still working like a fine-tuned machine. Continue exploring and searching capabilities. Buena suerte y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
This is a test.. can someone please respond to this to see if things work as they should?

Thank you!
Ivar
I thought something had changed. I can't see the 'Recent Posts' button, so I would appreciate to learn hoiw this function works with the new design. Forgive me if I'm missing the obvious! Thanks!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I just discovered something really cool - look right below here to see 'similar threads.'
Well, if that doesn't make life easier and more interesting!!
Triple-like, @ivar! Thanks for adding that.

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
What are you talking about? The font size is perfect. Oh hang on, I am an old pensioner. :D:D:D
As the Android App is discontinued, this font size is brilliant on the phone screen , but I still find it too LOUD on my desktop screen.....would like to be able to scale it down so as to see more content when scrolling - just a request...

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15

Thank you!
Ivar
Good to see the Caminos future/walked back. How many characters are we allowed please Ivar?

Could a link to your online shop go next to the Calendar in the top bar (or similar) as there is no link at present once logged in. My work around is at post #118 :)

Thanks again for all your hard work

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Good to see the Caminos future/walked back. How many characters are we allowed please Ivar?

Could a link to your online shop go next to the Calendar in the top bar (or similar) as there is no link at present once logged in.

Thanks again for all your hard work
Still only 100... otherwise it becomes too long. Use the signature for longer things.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Thanks Ivar. As a guide to others mine appears to be 99 characters - that includes spaces.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Le Puy (Le Puy en Velay to Conques) (2015)
Camino Finisterre and Muxia (2015) Camino Ingles(2016) Camino Portugese From Porto (2016) Camino Portugese Plus Camino Finisterre - Muxia (2017)

Thank you!
Ivar

WalkingGeo

Sept/Oct 2016
Camino(s) past & future
Sept 2016 Frances
August 2018 CP - Lisbon to SDdC
? (August 2019) Norte ?
Hi Ivar... I have been using the App on my IPad and while it used to work flawlessly, it has bugs now. Please see the attached screen shots for examples

The web version is fantastic!

Thanks a bunch for all your efforts, I love to read all the comments, it helps to keep me connected in a way that would not be possible otherwise!!

George

Attachments

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ivar... I have been using the App on my IPad and while it used to work flawlessly, it has bugs now. Please see the attached screen shots for examples

The web version is fantastic!

Thanks a bunch for all your efforts, I love to read all the comments, it helps to keep me connected in a way that would not be possible otherwise!!

George
Hi there,

It seems you are opening the old app that has been discontinued, and then open the site from within the app. Try to open Safari on the iPad and visit the site there... hope that works! :)

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Can't find my bookmarks anywhere, so far?? Are they lost forever? Nor can't find any tap to make new bookmarks.
Hope to get them back, if possible.
Yes, where are the bookmarks? Advice anyone?

Camino(s) past & future
CF -15, VdlP -15, Sanabres-16. CP -17, Primitivo-17, Mozarabe-18, Norte-18
Now we have the title bookmark list under our forumname, but there is nothing in the list, so far. I'm sure it will be found sooner or later.
It seems, Ivar is going to organize everything fine.

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
It's looking much better now, Ivar.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Just for info, added a new bookmark and the feature works like a champ [the old ones will come back later, work in progress per Ivar]. Buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Aug(2013), Finisterre, Sept (2013)
I used to get notifications of "Yesterdays New Topics" but none since Monday the 15th. What do I need to do to start getting the daily emails again? Thanks
Lynda

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Thank you... always open for ideas for improvements (PM best way to send them to me).
Thank you Ivar and Thank Yu to all who answered my many questions......

Finally getting the hang of the new site but more exploration needed on my part!!

Just one question....
When I'm looking at posts ...both old and new....my eyes keep wandering to the avatar where "the country or place of residence" of the person posing used to be!!

Does anyone else miss this bit of information?

Ivar......is there any chance of this returning to the new site?......please!!!
Best wishes
Annette

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Ivar and Thank Yu to all who answered my many questions......

Finally getting the hang of the new site but more exploration needed on my part!!

Just one question....
When I'm looking at posts ...both old and new....my eyes keep wandering to the avatar where "the country or place of residence" of the person posing used to be!!

Does anyone else miss this bit of information?

Ivar......is there any chance of this returning to the new site?......please!!!
Best wishes
Annette
You will see that if you tap on the username (or hover your mouse over the username is you are on a computer). Hope this helps!

Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
(2019: Planning to return!)
Yes, computer only. Not enough space for it on mobile. :)
Thanks Ivar! No problem, I'm getting used to tapping on the name to see the extra info!

(PS also liking the way initial letters appear where people haven't loaded a profile pic - so much more colourful than the old grey question marks!)

Camino(s) past & future
Are you looking for the store? Here is the link, and if you read Ivar's notes you will find the link on his signature.

https://www.santiagodecompostela.me/

Buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
Thank you, Sailor. All good. I’ve found it and made my purchase.
However, looking for the shop or store (depending on which side of the ditch you are on) by going to Ivar’s posts is a bit convoluted. Is there an easy way to find it?

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
. . . Is there an easy way to find it?
Amiga mia, Ivar needs to add the link to the store (shop) to the front page.

Using a computer, on the right side of the screen you can see "Forum Rules" and right above it you see "How to: Donate to the forum . . . When we go to donate to the forum option, we see the link to the Camino Forum Store, and we get to the store using that link.

But again, way too many moving parts to get there, the best course of action is to add the link to the store on the front page. Hopefully, that option is coming soon, the forum is looking good, but remains work in progress in a couple of areas.

p.s. I have the link to the store as part of my bookmarks.

Camino(s) past & future
Amiga mia, Ivar needs to add the link to the store (shop) to the front page.

Using a computer, on the right side of the screen you can see "Forum Rules" and right above it you see "How to: Donate to the forum . . . When we go to donate to the forum option, we see the link to the Camino Forum Store, and we get to the store using that link.

But again, way too many moving parts to get there, the best course of action is to add the link to the store on the front page. Hopefully, that option is coming soon, the forum is looking good, but remains work in progress in a couple of areas.

p.s. I have the link to the store as part of my bookmarks.
All good. I realise it is a work in progress, albeit a very good one. I love that Ivar hasn’t made the shop/store his first priority. xx

Camino(s) past & future
Walker from St Jean to Santiago in September "2017" YAY
Hi Ivar,
This may have been answered previously, I may have missed it.

I deleted the app on my iphone as it was asking me to log in again each time I looked at it. After downloading it again from the App Store it misbehaves. The message that pops up is:

This App is Disabled
Please contact the community webmaster to re-enable it.

All good on the computer, just working it all out.

Thanks,
Isobel

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Probably missing the bleeding obvious but how do I get to the shop?
My 'work around' is at post #118. Then I realised I need to bookmark the shop on my PC. Presume this would work on any device until @ivar restores a link for when we are logged in.

angeliki louk

Camino(s) past & future
July 2014 camino Frances.
June 2015 Camino north
Camino primitivo

Thank you!
Ivar
Yes it’s working...it appears as different format but I can see everything :)

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
@ivar : Two things: In the "Random Media" stripe, I miss the image text when hovering over each picture. As of now, you need to actually bring up the picture to get that info. Also, I would like a "Donate" button immediately under wherever the "Camino Store" button appears.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
TIENDA DE IVAR or Camino Store link is now available! As mentioned above, we need the DONATE link displayed, and we will be good to go. Thanks Ivar, good job! Muchas gracias y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for all your feedback! I have read it all, but do not have time to reply to everyone... :-(

It also feels like I am coming down with the flue (or something similar), so I think I will just call it a weekend now. The forum feels like it has found its place, although there are always tweaks and changes to be done. More on that Monday.

Happy camino planning everyone!
Ivar

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Hope you don't have flu Ivar. Take care of yourself.
For those of you still hunting for a shop link I see that there is one under Ivar's posts in his signature :)

Camino(s) past & future
Past: CF: Sarria to Santiago May 2017
VdlP/ Sanabres: Salamanca to Santiago May 2018
Fisterra Muxia

Thank you!
Ivar
Thanks Ivar
This works well on iPhone and laptop
Any thing specific you want tested?
I noticed the email came through four times
On Saturday 20/01/2018 at 14.46, 14.50, 14.51 and 15.03

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo

Thank you!
Ivar
Ivar I had cancelled my daily email but kept the weekly option. So now that I trying to resubscribe to the daily option, it won't accept MovinMaggie as my forum name because it is already taken. I'd much rather not change it... .

barb77

Camino(s) past & future
Chemin St,, Jacques(2010,2011,2013) Camino Santiago, partial(2015) Camino Portuguese(2017)

Thank you!
Ivar
Yes with the exception of receiving four (4) notifications!

Leadell

Saskatoon Chapter, Canadian Company of PIlgrims
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2013); VDLP (2016); Sanabres (2017); Portugues (2017), Podiensis (2018), Norte (2018)

Thank you!
Ivar
Good morning from Canada Ivor. Well...so far this morning I’ve had four weekly forum emails , about two minutes apart. I presume that’s not intentional. And my forum app gets a message that it’s been taken offline.

mwextine

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (September 2013)
The iOS version for iPad gives the error message, “This App is Disabled....”

20-January-2018

Mike

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Good to see that the Camino store and other links are back.

Sheena

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de France (2015), Portuguese Coastal (2016), Ingles (2017), Senda Littoral (2018)
Hi Ivar.
I think the Calendar has the 'flu' too!
Sorry but something definitely wrong with it.
Sheena

Sheena

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de France (2015), Portuguese Coastal (2016), Ingles (2017), Senda Littoral (2018)
Hi Ivar.
Hope you're feeling better.

Re the Calendar :
A whole lot of posts seem to missing, including my own in May 2018.
There also seem to be things duplicated too.
Some months are blank, whereas they used to have posts.

I'm using Firefox browser on my PC.
I don't think that's the problem though as everything else on the site seems to work fine since the upgrade.

Another glitch to be sorted I guess.
And it seems you're the man for the job!

Good luck.
Sheena

Sheena

Camino(s) past & future
1516468362936.png
1516468394990.png
Here are a couple of screen shots by way of an example.
Sheena

Sheena

Camino(s) past & future
I think Ivar might be trying to fix some glitches.
Sheena

jburr3708

James on The Way
Camino(s) past & future
2014 Frances SJPDP
2016 Portugues (with wife)
2017 VDLP
2018 Portugues (with daughter)
I too miss the information on Caminos walked etc. Do I need to renter it or will it "reappear" sometime?

Camino(s) past & future
St. Jean to Santiago (Apr to June 2014); St. Jean to Finisterre (Apr to May 2016); Via Francigena - Lausanne to Rome (Sep to October 2016)

Thank you!
Ivar
All good

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%