• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

THANK YOU to All on This Forum Who Help We "Rookie Pilgrims"

Dan the Man

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2015, 2017, 2019
I am just writing to Thank all of you who have been kind, patient, and sincere with me as I prepared for My Camino. Last April, I joined and asked MANY questions of you all. I would not have prepared so easily without your help!

I leave tomorrow night from Toronto to Pamplona via Madrid. I start my Camino on Sunday from SJPDP. I am only a few days from becoming an official pilgrim and begining this journey.

I have 47 days to absorb all the Camino gives me.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am just writing to Thank all of you who have been kind, patient, and sincere with me as I prepared for My Camino. Last April, I joined and asked MANY questions of you all. I would not have prepared so easily without your help!

I leave tomorrow night from Toronto to Pamplona via Madrid. I start my Camino on Sunday from SJPDP. I am only a few days from becoming an official pilgrim and begining this journey.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan

Buen Camino, Dan!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!
Dan[/QUOTE.]

Buen Camino Dan,you will never forget the amazing journey you are about to start.May your God guide your footsteps and keep you safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan

Hi @Dan the Man you may not be able to see it but you will be first to turn GREEN on my 2015 SEPTEMBER PILGRIMS thread!!! I hope you have a truly great adventure!
Buen camino
Sarah:)

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan

Dan,
Now you too are in a position to help others and help keep the spirit of this forum alive:D
Buen (Pilgrim Helping)Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You will be walking in the footsteps of so many before you.....and tomorrow so many will be walking the same path you have. Make every effort to enjoy everything the Camino is......
Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan
Buen Camino - how wonderful for you - enjoy and go well - so exciting knowing you are about to do this.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Brilliant! Have a wonderful Camino. Remember to be kind to yourself - and also to occasionally stop on the top of a hill and look back, you will be amazed at how far you have come - very empowering.

You may see me out there - old fat man in brown wearing a green first aid backpack - do stop and say hello!!

Buen Camino!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan
Hi Dan, you will enjoy your Camino as so many pilgrims did before you. :):)
Meeting lots off other pilgrims along the way and making new friendships. The main thing is that you have a great time.
Wish you a journey off a lifetime and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
- and also to occasionally stop on the top of a hill and look back, you will be amazed at how far you have come - very empowering

Buen Camino!!
I think this is the very first time I've ever used the word "awesome", but that is just what it is! ( Isn't part of my British English)!
Enjoy your Camino to the full! Burn Camino!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan
Dan,
I walked with several new Canadian friends on my first Camino mid-April. It changed my life. I look at everything differently now. I've slowed things down and and appreciate the simplicity I brought back home. It was the best thing I've ever done just for me. Taking 6 weeks away seemed selfish in my planning. In the end, those 6 weeks made me over and I found a larger sense of selflessness after "re-entry." Going back next year. I'm excited for all new Pilgrims and what you will discover.

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan
I couldn't agree with you more Dan! What a precious resource for rookie pilgrims like us! I can't get over how generous people are with their comments, advice, experience, etc. I am also leaving for my first camino tomorrow and am feeling all the butterflies! I wish you an awesome Camino Dan! See you along the way!..

I've really enjoyed your kind and positive energy on this forum! Your optimism and ability to provide helpful solutions is really lovely. Have an amazing journey- I look forward to reading about it! I leave in 80ish days and am sure I could learn a lot from your experience. :)

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

Dan

Buen Camino Dan!! Safe travels - I am starting a couple of days after you so maybe our paths will cross.
Catherine

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just wanted to add my thanks and appreciation, as well, to the forum creator/host, veterans, and other members for providing a venue for sharing and a base of knowledge.

One precious thing I received from the Camino was a sort of calm heart that I can return to when my busy world spins around me. It's a safety in the present moment feeling I can call upon to experience a modicum of peace, and that is a feeling I felt many times on The Way which helped me to recognize it for what it was and to tap into it again back home when needed.

Thanks again!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Have a great Camino Dan...I'm right behind you on September 16 from SJPDP. And also thank you to this great forum, all the info is so helpful and gets me very excited about my very soon departure. Buen Camino!

I also would like to thank all of the participants for the information and advice on this forum, which helped me greatly when I began considering the Camino last year. My pack was lighter, my confidence greater and my expectations more realistic when I flew to Spain earlier this year.

In particular, thank you Kiwi-family for your "Does anyone NOT like Pacerpoles thread," which prompted me to try those poles. They were great on the three Caminos I did this year.

Welcome Rev!

That thread convinced me to buy PacerPoles too! (Great decision too)

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back