• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thank you to the Moderators

• Thread starter Former member 99290
  • Start date
F

Former member 99290

I was reading a thread today and noticed the title of Moderator under the name of a forum member whose posts I read and always appreciate. I thought it was new but then again maybe I just hadn’t noticed before. So I contacted her by PM … you know who you are 😎 and, sure enough, she is a newly minted moderator having been asked to ‘serve’. And she said yes.

It got me thinking about all that Ivar and the moderators do. It’s quite a commitment of time and energy. So I thank her and Ivar and the other moderators, new and long standing. As well as time consuming, I imagine it’s not always an easy task and requires regular treading of fine lines.

Muchas gracias. Merci beaucoup. 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
An often thankless task carried out with humour, humanity and a degree of patience which would try a saint. I’m grateful for their occasional tolerance!

Now back to the bullfighter’s question about taking his poles on the plane whilst debating which specific Osprey rucksack to buy…

An often thankless task carried out with humour, humanity and a degree of patience which would try a saint. I’m grateful for their occasional tolerance!

Now back to the bullfighter’s question about taking his poles on the plane whilst debating which specific Osprey rucksack to buy…
I have often wondered just how do Moderators get selected! I see now they are asked to serve. BY who? Is there a panel or is it selection by Ivar? Can they be IGNORED or are they untouchable?

Samarkand

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Some times "we" ( the moderators) feel like we would like to have another one join and help out... so between all of us we come up with some candidates and then pick one to invite. The time zone where the user live is also important (some of the mods actually sleep :) ).

A big "Thank you" to all of them for volunteering, and to all of you for participating in this forum to make it what it is.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

I was reading a thread today and noticed the title of Moderator under the name of a forum member whose posts I read and always appreciate. I thought it was new but then again maybe I just hadn’t noticed before. So I contacted her by PM … you know who you are 😎 and, sure enough, she is a newly minted moderator having been asked to ‘serve’. And she said yes.

It got me thinking about all that Ivar and the moderators do. It’s quite a commitment of time and energy. So I thank her and Ivar and the other moderators, new and long standing. As well as time consuming, I imagine it’s not always an easy task and requires regular treading of fine lines.

Muchas gracias. Merci beaucoup. 🙏
Hear, hear!! Well said, @anamcara!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

😆

I have often wondered just how do Moderators get selected! I see now they are asked to serve. BY who? Is there a panel or is it selection by Ivar? Can they be IGNORED or are they untouchable?

Samarkand
I have an ‘ignore’ list the size of the Mumbai telephone directory and can confirm that the moderators cannot be ‘ignored’.

I haven’t tried, a friend told me, obviously. (cough).

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Samarkand
I think Bradypus is a secret lookout. His recent, resurrected post following his 2014 or 2016 camino, of a vast change in the CF experience from his first one, that led him to express his thoughts on how to ensure secure membership is, to borrow from my Canadian grandniece and nephew, awesome. I refer to his proposed method for ensuring purity in membership...
Don't worry, dear Samarkand/Malingerer. If you too are a secret member, it is safe. We will never know.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As one who has tested the Moderators on more than one occasion, I agree we often overlook their work,.So yes a big thanks to the Mods. Kanga - a glass of vino on me when next we meet at Sydney Pilgrims.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I am following the instructions about editing my ACCOUNT DETAILS since I want to change the year of my past/present Camino/s but when I go to this page, the Past/Present Camino/s option is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.