A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Live - Camino Francés Thank you to the Spanish Pilgrim couple and the bar owners in Hospital da Condesa

Camino Badges

Doughnut NZ

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
I suspect that you won't get to read this but I am not sure where else to put it.

Thank you for noticing the Pilgrim who was obviously struggling and when we remet minutes later in the wonderful bar in Hospital da Condesa for forcing the issue and with the help of the bar owners for calling the local medics and ambulance.

I had also decided that I couldn't possibly continue any further but once I got enough breath back to do something I am not sure I knew what to do.

You did and took charge. Thank you!

I am currently in Hospital Lucus Agusti in Lugo being treated for pnuemonia with an excellent chance of complete recovery by Friday or Saturday.

Muchas gracias, muchas gracias, muchas gracias 😀😸♥

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013) San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I suspect that you won't get to read this but I am not sure where else to put it.

Thank you for noticing the Pilgrim who was obviously struggling and when we remet minutes later in the wonderful bar in Hospital da Condesa for forcing the issue and with the help of the bar owners for calling the local medics and ambulance.

I had also decided that I couldn't possibly continue any further but once I got enough breath back to do something I am not sure I knew what to do.

I am currently in Hospital Lucus Agusti in Lugo being treated for pnuemonia with an excellent change of complete recovery by Friday or Saturday.

I am not one of those guys that helped you, but I just want you not to be feeling abandoned! I remember as a child being taken into Glasgow with an old auntie who was home from New Zealand. We went to either an optician or an ear place. What really caught my attention was the fact that the professional was from another country but was speaking with a broad Scots accent! How could this be! Long before i knew what was behind inter/multi/ culturalism!

Camino(s) past & future
May 2020

I am currently in Hospital Lucus Agusti in Lugo being treated for pnuemonia with an excellent chance of complete recovery by Friday or Saturday.

Also not one of those who helped you, but very pleased that someone recognised you were in trouble. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
You have experienced two of the ‘Caminoisms’ that we hold to be true.

1. The Camino provides...you needed help. Help was provided. It just appeared...

2. St. James works in strange ways. While it is ‘a Catholic thing’ to appeal to the various saints as intercessors on our behalf, many, including me, have seen far too many serendipitous situations like this on our time associated with the Camino. I now believe and accept.

It is also true, as was observed above, that the Camino has many angels. IMHO, this is the living manifestation of the Golden Rule, as contained in the New Testament. To wit: “Do unto others as you would have them do to you.”

I am thrilled that you are on the mend. On my first Camino in 2013, I also had severe bronchitis, which would have become pneumonia, had I not met my second ‘Camino Angel.’

I wish you a speedy recovery and return to the Camino.

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-SJPDP 2014, Via de la Plata 2014,
Arles-SDC 2015, Lisbon-SDC 2017, (Ruta de la Lana 2019)
Doughnut,
You will hopefully (for your sake) not need to take up this offer, but if you need to I am available in Auckland to provide transport from the airport should you so require it. PM if you need assistance.
Kind regards,
Bernice

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 158 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%