• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thank you!

Jackie Rob

Time of past OR future Camino
Currently on camino France's 2
I just wanted to say a very heartfelt "Thank You" to the kind person who handed in the €75 that fell out of my unzipped pocket in the garden of the albergue municipale (Padres Reparadores) in Puente La Reine on Tuesday evening (05May15). I've no idea of their name or where they were from as they didn't leave their details with the warden. All I know is that it was a "young man". Of course the odds on his even being a forum visitor are slim but whoever you were you've restored my faith in human nature because although I wouldn't dream of pocketing someone else's lost property/ money, personal experience has taught me that if I've dropped money in the street at home I'd have written it off as gone forever because, alas, not everyone is honest. But I guess it takes a certain kind of person to be/become a pilgrim and as is evident in this case, honesty is an inate quality. So Gracias and Buen Camino my friend - whoever you are :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I once 'lost' my wallet/cards/money n phone at an alberque in a village,there were a lot of pilgrims staying there at this time,i was last one to leave in the morning and obviously gutted i'd 'lost' my stuff and was making plans to go home,walk out of alberque and there on a table i'd sat at night before on the main street was my stuff,loads of people would have walked past and def seen my goods but left them there.Say no more.

Dear Jackie Rob. Thank you for your post. Exactly 2 years ago, May 5, 2015, I slept my first night on the Camino in the municipal alburge in Puente La Reine. I believe this is the exact same place you were. Over the next 30 days, I prayed every day for the pilgrims that have gone before me, the pilgrims currently in route to Santiago and the pilgrims to follow me.

You are exactly 2 years behind my footsteps in 2013. In 2013 is was an unusually long, wet, cold spring so I wish you warmer (not too warm) and drier weather.

Buen Camino and know that you are Blessed.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I had a similar experience once: I went inside the bar/restaurant of Albergue Jesus in Villar de Mazarife to have dinner, forgetting completely my fanny bag on a chair in the main courtyard, money and expensive camera in it. As I was on my way to bed, it was still sitting there, untouched, patiently waiting for me.
May you have similar experiences and be less forgetful than I was! SY

I just wanted to say a very heartfelt "Thank You" to the kind person who handed in the €75 that fell out of my unzipped pocket in the garden of the albergue municipale (Padres Reparadores) in Puente La Reine on Tuesday evening (05May15).

Camino Magic. What it is all about, and still is. Thank you for the reminder of human kindness, honesty and generosity on the Camino.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I wonder if this isnt representative of who "we"really are?
The best of the spirit of what it means to be wholly and wonderfully human.
Is this episode of good work actually who we are..or can be.
I like to think this is so.
Good on you and the goood works done in secret..for they have already been rewarded!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My nine year old daughter and I walked part of the Norte last summer. We arrived hot and tired in an alberge and a fellow pilgrim walked up to my daughter, fished in his purse and pulled out a ring and asked via gestures if it was hers. He had noticed her the night before, then later found a child's ring, guessed it was hers, and had been looking for her to give it back. We didn't have a common language for her to thank him, but in this situation words weren't necessary and her delight and gratitude were evident for all to see. She still wears it every day.

:rolleyes::):):)
Given recent negative posts this one gives a nice comment on the true nature of the Camino. Thank you. Enjoy the rest of your journey (and take care of your money a little better).
Ha! Yes, I've become uber vigilant where my pocket zips are concerned. Also glad that my fortuitous tale brought a little sunshine for others too.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back