Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Thanks all for the advice (photos)

Sam Hardman

Time of past OR future Camino
2006, 2007 Camino Francés
2017 SJPdP - Belorado
2018 SJPdP - Fisterra/Muxía
2019 Camino Primitivo
Thanks to everyone here for the advice while planning my trip on the Camino Primitivo. I just got back and had an amazing time. Here are a few photos from my trip if anyone is interested.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks to everyone here for the advice while planning my trip on the Camino Primitivo. I just got back and had an amazing time. Here are a few photos from my trip if anyone is interested.

Wow, your photos are absolutely stunning! I walked the Primitivo and loved it. Your pictures remind me of my walk, but in different lighting with an artist's perspective. Thank you for sharing!
BTW, I stayed at the hotel at Grandes de Salime and it was my best memory of my various lodgings along the way!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hey Sam,
I so happy for you and you must be still buzz ! I just finish my camino about two week ago ( I'm still buzzing) . Isn't the Primitivo wonderful? But I think we need it keep it ourselves ;) 🤣
What was your favorite albergues and not so favorite... I would like hear about it ?
Once again congratulation!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So cool . Is on my must see list know, thank you

Wow, your photos are absolutely stunning! I walked the Primitivo and loved it. Your pictures remind me of my walk, but in different lighting with an artist's perspective. Thank you for sharing!
BTW, I stayed at the hotel at Grandes de Salime and it was my best memory of my various lodgings along the way!
Thank you! Some friends I met along the way stayed at the hotel in Grandas de Salime and loved it too!

Great shots Sam - lot's of depth.
What camera do you use?
Davie
I actually used my phone camera and am amazed by how good it is. I have an Honor 10 android phone. I really like photography and usually use an SLR but that's a bit heavy for the Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hey Sam,
I so happy for you and you must be still buzz ! I just finish my camino about two week ago ( I'm still buzzing) . Isn't the Primitivo wonderful? But I think we need it keep it ourselves ;) 🤣
What was your favorite albergues and not so favorite... I would like hear about it ?
Once again congratulation!
I am indeed still buzzing! I'm already thinking of my next Camino, maybe in March/April. The Primitivo was amazing really. It surpassed all expectations for me, I had the best time.

As for albergues my favourite was albergue A Nave in Ferreira. It was very clean, had big comfy sofas, comfy beds and a big communal dinner in the evening. The owners also had a very friendly dog that I could play fetch with in the garden!

Least favourite albergue was the municiple in La Mesa. It is very run down and in bad need of refurbishment. The room was dark and crowded, there is no real kitchen and nowhere to just sit and relax (I went to the very nice bar/restaurant over the road instead). Still, I was lucky to get a bed at all the night I stayed there as everywhere else within 50km was full.

I am indeed still buzzing! I'm already thinking of my next Camino, maybe in March/April. The Primitivo was amazing really. It surpassed all expectations for me, I had the best time.

As for albergues my favourite was albergue A Nave in Ferreira. It was very clean, had big comfy sofas, comfy beds and a big communal dinner in the evening. The owners also had a very friendly dog that I could play fetch with in the garden!

Least favourite albergue was the municiple in La Mesa. It is very run down and in bad need of refurbishment. The room was dark and crowded, there is no real kitchen and nowhere to just sit and relax (I went to the very nice bar/restaurant over the road instead). Still, I was lucky to get a bed at all the night I stayed there as everywhere else within 50km was full.

You are lucky, last time I stayed in La Mesa there wasn't a bar! We all bought food from one of the houses in the village! Me and my friend had a day off there. We played with the kids in the school, helped herd some cows, and helped the village celebrate the birth of a calf at 2am! Not a lot there really, but I prefer La Mesa than Burgos/Leon etc. The Muni is a bit dire though!

Davey

Thank you for the beautiful photos and remarks. I'm starting the Primitivo myself on Sept 9th so it's just wonderful to get your post before I set off. It's my first Camino and I'm going solo - your post has been very helpful!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for the beautiful photos and remarks. I'm starting the Primitivo myself on Sept 9th so it's just wonderful to get your post before I set off. It's my first Camino and I'm going solo - your post has been very helpful!
I went solo myself and had a great time. I‘m sure you will too! I would love to hear how about your trip when you are back :)

Wow stunning pics. You have an eye for composition and manage to capture evocative lighting and great depth. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Wow stunning pics. You have an eye for composition and manage to capture evocative lighting and great depth. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
Thank you! I'm glad you like them :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ruchira

Hi Ruchira- I too begin the Camino Primitivo on September 9. Maybe meet you on the way. Buen Camino.

Ruchira

Hi Ruchira- I too begin the Camino Primitivo on September 9. Maybe meet you on the way. Buen Camino.
Hello Levi, I can't believe I said the 9th!! I leave Sydney on the 9th but only start my walk from Oviedo on the 15th. You will be well ahead of me I'm sure. Buen Camino 🚶🚶🌞

Hello Levi, I can't believe I said the 9th!! I leave Sydney on the 9th but only start my walk from Oviedo on the 15th. You will be well ahead of me I'm sure. Buen Camino 🚶🚶🌞
I can see why September 9 was in your head! Safe journey and I hope you have a wonderful camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You are lucky, last time I stayed in La Mesa there wasn't a bar! We all bought food from one of the houses in the village! Me and my friend had a day off there. We played with the kids in the school, helped herd some cows, and helped the village celebrate the birth of a calf at 2am! Not a lot there really, but I prefer La Mesa than Burgos/Leon etc. The Muni is a bit dire though!

Davey
I stay Migulelin Hostel right cross from where you stayed. I was real nice for $ 10 euros .

I stay Migulelin Hostel right cross from where you stayed. I was real nice for $ 10 euros .

This place looked really nice but was unfortunately full when I arrived. They did have an excellent bar/restaurant though with delicious food in huge portions. I spent a lot of time there!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I am starting El Camino Primitivo from Oviedo in 3 days. I will try to follow the normal stages and will attempt to do the Hospital route, if the weather permits it. During my research...
Hello to All !! My wife and I are looking at doing the Camino Primitivo sometime around the beginning of May 2024. We are both retired, in relatively good shape having recently completed a high...
Hey all, I would like to plan a Camino for my Easter holidays. I like the look of the Primitivo but as a complete first timer, I’m a little lost in all of the different options. The community...
I did the Camino Frances from St. Jean in 2022. I wouldn't call it life changing or anything that dramatic, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so freeing to unburden myself of responsibilities...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back