• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The “Peregrinatio”

Rodrigo Cerqueira

Time of past OR future Camino
3 French from St. Jean Pied Port, 3 Portuguese from Lisbon, 1 Portuguese from Porto, 1 Primitivo from Oviedo, 19 Lisbon - Fatima, 2 Porto - Fatima, 1 Coimbra - Fátima... Open the caminhos Nascente Fátima - Tomar, Poente Nazaré- Fátima, the north connection from Fátima to Ansião and Caminho Santiago central.
These certificates are not a necessary component to walk the Caminho to Fátima. Requesting a pilgrim passport or applying for a pilgrimage certificate (Peregrinatio) or a badge is a personal option for every pilgrim, not an obligation. The donations raised with these certificates are transferred back into creating, maintaining and sharing the Caminhos, by the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima.

1D8BE550-60E8-4E6A-A6A7-0983F6B6A003.jpeg

PEREGRINATIO​

One of the missions of the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima is to promote safe pilgrimage paths through the countryside. The word "peregrinatio" has two meanings: one that goes through the fields and one that goes beyond their "borders".

This document certifies that its holder walked one of the paths marked on this site to the Sanctuary of Fátima, independently and with a backpack, respecting the fauna and flora, keeping the Caminho clean and promoting mutual support amongst pilgrims.

To apply for this document, pilgrims must walk the Caminhos de Fátima referenced on the application form, on foot, by bicycle, horse, mule, with backpack/ saddlebags and without a support car, with a pilgrim passport from the Association, acquiring at least two stamps a day, with the date on the pilgrim passport (issued from 01/02/2021). The paths are not suitable for wheelchairs, nor for people who are blind or partially sighted. Despite this, there are extraordinary pilgrims who do it. For these brave pilgrims, there is a special application on the form. The "Peregrinatio" has no cost. We invite pilgrims who request it to make a donation to the Association and to pay the shipping costs.

The donations raised from the Peregrinatios are transferred back to the Association of Friends of the Caminhos of Fátima to create, maintain and share the caminhos.

Fill out the form below to apply for this certificate, which will be evaluated by a board of "archer pilgrims*". The decision by the pilgrim council to award the certificate is final.

+ INFO
https://www.caminho.com.pt/certificado?lang=en

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
These certificates are not a necessary component to walk the Caminho to Fátima. Requesting a pilgrim passport or applying for a pilgrimage certificate (Peregrinatio) or a badge is a personal option for every pilgrim, not an obligation. The donations raised with these certificates are transferred back into creating, maintaining and sharing the Caminhos, by the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima.

Hello!
Is it possible to purchase a blank pilgrim passport in advance? I won't travel to Portugal until after COVID is under control and most of your vaccination program has been completed. I don't which direction I'll take, it would be fun to complete them all!

I'd like to have a blank pilgrim passport now at home in Canada to be prepared as I sometimes take last-minute European trips. :)

Hello!
Is it possible to purchase a blank pilgrim passport in advance? I won't travel to Portugal until after COVID is under control and most of your vaccination program has been completed. I don't which direction I'll take, it would be fun to complete them all!

I'd like to have a blank pilgrim passport now at home in Canada to be prepared as I sometimes take last-minute European trips. :)
Yes you can. Just go this page https://www.caminho.com.pt/certificado?lang=en and choose the pilgrim passport (+ info) and follow the instructions and the pilgrim passport will travel to your house :) Just choose a date. When you know the exact date you can drop us an email with exact date. Thank you Sara.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello!

Hello!
I am interested too. Thank you for the detailed information, Rodrigo!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back