Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Casa Ivar The 5th wave is here, but is it different this time?

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Ivar, If I understood the chart while glimpsing at the video…Spain and Portugal are in Red while most of-western Europe is Green? Is there a specific reason?

I read this article indicating that the Delta Variant is spreading rapidly in Spain

Since most people under 40 have not been vaccinated and these are the most mobile citizens this is a cause of concern.

Thanks for the update!

Last edited:
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I have also seen that the delta strain is about 11% but will most likely rise...

We have opened up + removed masks outside => Many university students finishing off their semester just thought "OK, this means we can go back to normal partying"... and here is the result of that. With no vaccination of these younger people, there is no stopping the virus. Many regions are now putting a stop to the partying, so we will see if that has the right effect.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

peregrina2000

Staff member
We have opened up + removed masks outside => Many university students finishing off their semester just thought "OK, this means we can go back to normal partying"... and here is the result of that.
Ivar, I have a question about the masks. Isn’t it the case that masks are still required outside if you can’t keep a 1.5 m distance? That would explain why people are still wearing them in cities and crowded outdoor places.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Ivar, I have a question about the masks. Isn’t it the case that masks are still required outside if you can’t keep a 1-5 m distance? That would explain why people are still wearing them in cities and crowded outdoor places.
Yes, this is true... you need to wear them if you can not guarantee 1,5m to the next person. And you need to wear the mask all the time inside.

The last few days I have seen more people in Santiago walking in town without a mask... I feel we (the people in Santiago/Galicia) has had our own mask-culture (a common understanding of when to wear it)..and now with so many visitors, different mask-cultures mix..

LynneR

Past OR future Camino
CF '16, '18
Ivar,
Thank you so much for your posts. I am supposed to leave for Madrid on Friday. As of now, I am moving forward with my plans to walk from Burgos. Of course, I am on edge watching your updates and reading other news. I know I have to decide this for myself, but your knowledge and the way you have communicated has helped me tremendously.
Lynne

Happy Penguin

Rainy day in Castilblanco
Past OR future Camino
The young people that got out of schools and colleges which Ivar was talking about are currently right here on the Camino (I am entering Palencia right now) so if you feel anxious about it, share private rooms with someone you know, or at least choose the highest priced albergues where young Spaniards rarely go. Other than that, walking Camino Frances in the middle of 5th wave is absolutely wonderful, great, unbelievable and probably once in a lifetime adventure! It is absolutely PERFECT the way it is now! :)

Thank you Ivar for 👍 I appreciate it a lot! Was listening to your video on the way from Castrojeriz to Itero de la Vega

Attachments

• 20210715_080316.jpg
    20210715_080316.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210715_065215.jpg
    20210715_065215.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

Lexicos

Jimmy
Past OR future Camino
From where I sit Ivar the Camino seems to be getting further and further away, not only because of what’s happening there in Spain but also because of what’s happening here now, in Australia. I’ve walked to every remote corner of this state and some of our neighbouring state of New South Wales. Nothing compares or even comes close to the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. I keep training and walking and training some more to the point where I can comfortably walk 45-50 km per day. All in vain; or so it feels. Methinks it will be a long while before I set foot in Saint Jean Pied de Port. And until then I shall run those images of the Pyrenees and Astorga and Burgos and Santiago through the narrow corridors of my mind over, and over and over again. Oh how I wish that I was 30, or 40 or even 50! And oh how I wish this God forsaken virus would leave us alone and just go away.
So, having got that off my chest, another day, another walk.
Here we have St. Paul’s Cathedral and the external lobby of a swish hotel next door.
ADBE7F04-E2CE-4108-81FE-A6C1836924B9.jpeg 1531CE36-1C95-46C5-82B8-1157CEEDF947.jpeg C89A3596-BF8F-4138-81E6-093E975731F5.jpeg C89A3596-BF8F-4138-81E6-093E975731F5.jpeg 395A0F5F-F787-48E8-867B-B527E95F1497.jpeg 3599F822-421B-4EBB-AC8C-04E6BA59E98E.jpeg
The beautiful sculptures represent, coincidentally, Comedy and Tragedy.
Lord give me strength!!
Melbourne, on the eve of yet another full lockdown.

Last edited:
Past OR future Camino
none past, planing to go on May to do the French walk( 2015) do not have sense of direction
Does anyone know the schedule for the Holy Week? At least the 24 and 25 that I will be there?

Harlan Sager

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015
Camino Portugal 2016 and on to Finisterre
Yes I have also seen that the delta strain is about 11% but will most likely rise...

We have opened up + removed masks outside => Many university students finishing off their semester just thought "OK, this means we can go back to normal partying"... and here is the result of that. With no vaccination of these younger people, there is no stopping the virus. Many regions are now putting a stop to the partying, so we will see if that has the right effect.
Fully vaccinated and wearing a mask most of the time in a medical teaching facility I contracted covid from and unvaccinated but contagious attendee. So stay outside and maintain physical separation.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads