A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

The Addiction of the camino.

2020 Camino Guides

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019
Hello all after walking three Camino,s inside two years and having them change my life totally I have finally finished my book on the subject I have to warn you it will not be everyone cup of tea. As there is a lot of God in it and a bit of bloody as well. It is about who I was before the Camino experiences and who I am now. It is now available on Kindle will be out in paperback later. The book is called ( Gods Cocaine. the Addiction of the Camino) God bless you all.
Hello again.
Thought I would give you some background on writing this book it took me over a year to complete it and after using several editors and getting as many different opinions as to how the book should read I just decided to put it out there.
I know it has many typos,s but the message is still the same.
You need to understand that I have never written anything before and also I have never read a book right through before as I boarder on a dyslexic.
At the end of the day, it is what it is.
In this forum, we are all talking to the converted but I am hoping that one day I can hear back from a reader that can say apart from the typos I relate to your story I am like you. You have done something for me.
That would be fantastic. God bless.

Last edited:

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2022)
A good title, I'll check it out.

I hope it carries a strong warning for 'wannabe' Pilgrims!
They just don't realise how walking a Camino can utterly turn your life upside down :oops:

As you know only too well, there are posts on here, almost on a daily basis.

"I'm just going to walk for 7 days, what route or section would you recommend?"

"I just have 10 days, I just want to see some of the sights"

"I'm not Religious or Spiritual.........I just like hiking"

Oh, and the Classic one!

"I'm just going to walk the last 100 kms from Sarria"!

Yes.....

That's how it all starts..... All very innocent.
"Just a few days, that will do me".

Before they even finish, they're thinking about the next one!
Longer Routes
Harder Routes
More Isolated Routes.........

And perhaps worst of all.........they start to involve their friends and family..........
'Pushing' the idea on those who never even heard of the Camino!

And then they end up in that 'spiral' of never feeling quite at ease at home
Always thinking of the next Camino....

Spending hours on this Forum..............

Indeed. God's Cocaine! :):)

kelleymac

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
March/April 2015, Late April 2016, Sept/Oct 2017, April 2019.
Looking forward to reading your book! -- I mentioned to my husband that I wanted to go back to the camino, his reply was "How many times are you going to do that?". I just kind of looked at him....

I hiked 15 miles with my boy scouts Wednesday (January 1st, our First Day Hike), and woke up the next day ready to head out for 15 or 23 more.

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019

They just don't realise how walking a Camino can utterly turn your life upside down :oops:

Oh, and the Classic one!

Yes.....

Longer Routes
Harder Routes

And perhaps worst of all.........they start to involve their friends and family..........

Fantastic (YOU GET IT I LOVE YOU) You get the title it was such a risk you have just made me cry.

Robo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2022)
Finished on one sitting Terry.
really enjoyed it :):)

formysons

Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles - Santiago 2009; Portuguese, Ingles, Finesterre and Muxia - 2019.
Hello all after walking three Camino,s inside two years and having them change my life totally I have finally finished my book on the subject I have to warn you it will not be every one cup of tea. As there is a lot of God in it and a bit of bloody as well. It is about who I was before the Camino experiences and who I am now. It is now available on Kindle will be out in paperback later.. The book is caled ( Gods Cocaine. the Addiction of the Camino) God bless you all.
I've done only two, 10 years apart. I did a talk on the Camino at a fellowship group three weeks ago and it was as if I was on the Camino again, I dream of my next one, but finances could be a problem, South African currency !!
I walked the Portuguese with my niece in August, then the Meseta on my own and that was an experience that I would not forget ever.
"El Camino es uno droga"!!!

Camino(s) past & future
The French Way (2016), Portuguese Camino (2018),
Hello all after walking three Camino,s inside two years and having them change my life totally I have finally finished my book on the subject I have to warn you it will not be every one cup of tea. As there is a lot of God in it and a bit of bloody as well. It is about who I was before the Camino experiences and who I am now. It is now available on Kindle will be out in paperback later.. The book is caled ( Gods Cocaine. the Addiction of the Camino) God bless you all.
Just

Terry Callery

Chi Walker
Camino(s) past & future
"Portuguese Camino - In Search of the Infinite Moment" Amazon/Kindle books authored
"Slow Camino"
One day at a time my friend.
Easy does it!
Writing about this helps - I know I did it as well.

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019
I've done only two, 10 years apart. I did a talk on the Camino at a fellowship group three weeks ago and it was as if I was on the Camino again, I dream of my next one, but finances could be a problem, South African currency !!
I walked the Portuguese with my niece in August, then the Meseta on my own and that was an experience that I would not forget ever.
"El Camino es uno droga"!!!
I really hope you get to walk it again. Good luck and God bless.

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019
One day at a time my friend.
Easy does it!
Writing about this helps - I know I did it as well.
Great I will have a look. Yes it is like a drug trouble is I live in New Zealand and it cost a lot of time and money to get to Europ.

Mary Doll

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sarria to Santiago (2018)
Camino Francés SJPDP to Finisterre planned for June 2020
Just bought your book on Amazon Terry W. Looking forward to reading it.

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Hello all after walking three Camino,s inside two years and having them change my life totally I have finally finished my book on the subject I have to warn you it will not be everyone cup of tea. As there is a lot of God in it and a bit of bloody as well. It is about who I was before the Camino experiences and who I am now. It is now available on Kindle will be out in paperback later. The book is called ( Gods Cocaine. the Addiction of the Camino) God bless you all.
Hello again.
Thought I would give you some background on writing this book it took me over a year to complete it and after using several editors and getting as many different opinions as to how the book should read I just decided to put it out there.
I know it has many typos,s but the message is still the same.
You need to understand that I have never written anything before and also I have never read a book right through before as I boarder on a dyslexic.
At the end of the day, it is what it is.
In this forum, we are all talking to the converted but I am hoping that one day I can hear back from a reader that can say apart from the typos I relate to your story I am like you. You have done something for me.
That would be fantastic. God bless.
Bought your kindle version at 3 am. Already up to chapter 6, sneaking in 5 mins here and there during my breaks at work. Fantastic read.

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019
Bought your kindle version at 3 am. Already up to chapter 6, sneaking in 5 mins here and there during my breaks at work. Fantastic read.
Thank you so much I hope you get something out of it If you would like to share the title on your FB that would be great. God bless.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
Kia ora Terry
What a wonderful read! It was a great story and so beautifully written.
Be proud.
John

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Thank you so much I hope you get something out of it If you would like to share the title on your FB that would be great. God bless.
I have already!

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019
I am one of those camino addicts. Almost annually since 2006, sometimes twice a year. Many routes walked, many more to come, I hope.
My friends and family tolerate my rants on the camino and they love me. But it is great to meet and talk with a believer.

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
My friends and family tolerate my rants on the camino and they love me. But it is great to meet and talk with a believer.
Isn't it just! Off to walk Coastal and Spiritual Portugues ( did interior in 2016) and Primitivo, then Finesterre Muxia for second time in May....

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Isn't it just! Off to walk Coastal and Spiritual Portugues ( did interior in 2016) and Primitivo, then Finesterre Muxia for second time in May....
Anyway, you are interrupting me from reading your book!

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017

Oh, and the Classic one!

Yes.....

Longer Routes
Harder Routes

so,so true Robbo - and I Often find myself smiling to myself when some of those names come up again and again......it also happens on my Two Facebook Groups as well......I call it a silent addiction, because, it tends to creep up on one....

Mary Doll

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sarria to Santiago (2018)
Camino Francés SJPDP to Finisterre planned for June 2020
Thank you hope you enjoy it and can relate to it Would you like to share the title on FB god bless.
Hi Terry
I’m on several Camino Facebook groups and will be sure to share it.

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
Hi Terry, Sue, one of your fellow walkers in the Documentary, Camino Skies. I have posted reference to your new book on my two Australian Pilgrim groups. Cheers...Susanawee

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019
Thankyou Sue hope you are doing OK. It seems the film is doing very well opening in a lot of countries. We may get a payout soon Year right. Stay safe God bless.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 49 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 178 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 291 24.6%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 337 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock