• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Amigos Welcome Service 2013

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
I had great time in Santiago. Almost two weeks as an Amiga at the Oficina del Peregrino in Santiago and welcomed about 14 000 pilgrims arriving at the office with my team Jim from Dublin and Bianca from Chicago. What a great team in co-operation with Trish and Bill (UK) and Lesley from Dublin.

We are planning to come back next year and serve as an amigo/a.

Great memories also- pilgrims arriving so emotinal they are unable to talk, they are crying, others happy and laughing etc.

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks Annie and the rest of the "Amigos" . The Camino wouldn´t be the same without people like yourselves who give more than receive.

Un abrazo & Buen Camino!

I had great time in Santiago. Almost two weeks as an Amiga at the Oficina del Peregrino in Santiago and welcomed about 14 000 pilgrims arriving at the office with my team Jim from Dublin and Bianca from Chicago. What a great team in co-operation with Trish and Bill (UK) and Leslie from Dublin.

We are planning to come back next year and serve as an amigo/a.

Great memories also- pilgrims arriving so emotinal they are unable to talk, they are crying, others happy and laughing etc.

It was nice to meet you on your way out. We are now starting our second week of Amigo service and, like you, are enjoying it.
Hope to see you next year again.
Ed & Ellie.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola Ed and Ellie!

Great to hear from you again and it was great to meet you in SDC!
I hope Ellie`s foot is getting better and she can walk again.

Actually I forgot to ask you if you were a Forum member when having dinner with you and Ellie (+ the American lady whose name I cannot remember right now) my last night in SDC. So now I know!
I know Alan (AlanPierce) is a member also. Whatabout Sean and Hazel? And next week I believe you are going to hand over to annakappa and Fraluchi, and Aleida (I think her forum name is krazeecuban).
So we know each other through the Forum before the first meeting IRL and it is like meeting good friends :)

Looks like quite many pilgrims are arriving at the Cathedral and Sdc is busy! DSCN2207.JPG
My co- Amigos the A- TEAM from left Jim (Ireland), Trish (UK), me, Lesley (Ireland), Bianca (USA) and Bill (UK).

Last edited:
I am almost there! So excited to see my Amigos! Maybe we should all meet somewhere! Someday ...Buen Camino to all

Aleida - Buen Camino Finisterre before you join the Amigos!
You are going to have great time in Galicia and Santiago!
And yes, we should all meet one day - maybe in Santiago!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Annie

May we meet again in SdC!. It would be lovely to catch up once more. Sean [who I know reads the Forum and may be a member] and Hazel and I are looking to be Amigos again next year. Our time there was fabulous, and when I addressed the Cowra Garden Club[!] last night re the camino I had some wonderful stories to tell them!

The day after I left the pilgrim office I started 2 weeks as a hospitalero at Miraz. I was horrified to find that there are moves to change the del Norte route which would then bypass Baamonde, Miraz and Arzua. There must be a reason for this but no-one could explain it to me.

Next year in Santiago!

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.