• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

the Aragonés in the Spring of 2014 anyone?

Patrick Pending

I am considering doing the route from Pau to Puente la Raina next year and am looking for possible hiking companions who are interested in doing the same at a leisurely pace, say 12-15km a day.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Gday,
I am interested in this. When are you planning this? I walked in the Spring this year on the Camino Frances (not much of a Spring though with snow, hail and mud.) It was my first Camino. I would look at continuing on from Puenta though.

Cheers
Cejanus

Nothing definite yet, but it would be late Spring. The big concern is how early the snow would be clear over Somport pass. Other than that, I want to go before the heavy traffic of Summer. My own destination is Puente, but you would have plenty of company after that.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
i do not know what you mean by late spring, but I started from Oleron 20.05.12. No snow at that time, but in the heavy rain the days up to Somport, I had to walk the road. From Somport I had beautiful warm weather to Puente la Reina. Really a nice walk!
Randi

Well, 20.05 fits my idea of late spring, i.e. the last month of spring. That was about the time of year that I did it once several years ago and I had great weather with no snow near the route. However, it varies a lot from year to year, so I plan to wait to see how heavy the snowfall is at Somport earlier in the year before making specific plans.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back