• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Archers!

Le Gros Pèlerin

Time of past OR future Camino
Hoping for (2020)
I'm not good at this, in not sure where to post things but I was just having an idle moment in the kitchen, thinking about the Cameo when the program I was listening to in the radio, The Archers, mentioned the Camino! Is that a sign?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm not good at this, in not sure where to post things but I was just having an idle moment in the kitchen, thinking about the Cameo when the program I was listening to in the radio, The Archers, mentioned the Camino! Is that a sign?
Of course. It is a sign that even BBC Radio 4 can sometimes be part of the caminoverse.
I missed that episode but I’ll assume Pat Archer is off in search of her soul again: at least until I catch the Sunday omnibus 😉

Of course. It is a sign that even BBC Radio 4 can sometimes be part of the caminoverse.
I missed that episode but I’ll assume Pat Archer is off in search of her soul again: at least until I catch the Sunday omnibus 😉
I'll leave you to enjoy the reveal on Sunday morning.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Between the Archers and Dr Who (tho the latter was interrupted) the UK seems to have a talent for long running programmes....do you suppose we might hope for a visit from a Doctor? 😉

I heard that episode too and smiled to myself.
Not a sign for me, I returned in May from walking on the Portuguese Camino .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
For non UK readers, The Archers is (supposedly) the world's longest-running radio serial. It's an acquired taste.
I live in Ontario, Canada. I have been listening to the Archers for over 20 years. I have just finished the Camino Francis and on my way to Finisterre. When I was walking through busy noisy areas, where there were lots of young people talking and playing their music, I put my headphones on and listened to the Archers. I haven’t listened to that episode yet. Look forward to it. Thanks for mentioning it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For non UK readers, The Archers is (supposedly) the world's longest-running radio serial. It's an acquired taste.
It was set up in the post war years to help ecucate farmers in the latest farming ideas and I formation. It was good back then as it had genuine agricultural advisors and I remember going out with my Dad to check all our water troughs for liver fluke snails after the subject was raised on The Archers. Lately it has become a radio soap opera, it's still very popular but no longer my cup of tea. I say bring back Zebedee Tring the council ditch clearer!

It was set up in the post war years to help ecucate farmers in the latest farming ideas and I formation. It was good back then as it had genuine agricultural advisors and I remember going out with my Dad to check all our water troughs for liver fluke snails after the subject was raised on The Archers. Lately it has become a radio soap opera, it's still very popular but no longer my cup of tea. I say bring back Zebedee Tring the council ditch clearer!
I still follow it sporadically, but a lot of the old characters - Nelson and Walter Gabriel, Joe Grundy etc, who made t both bucolic and interesting, have died off. It has done some interesting topics in recent years: rural racial prejudice and the coercive control of women for example.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Is the Archers " an everyday story of country folk" still happening? I remember listening to it as a child! Every Sunday way back in the 50's and 60's. Life seemed much simpler then!

Some if the stories are good and a must listen, other can be tedious.

Some if the stories are good and a must listen, other can be tedious.
Must admit I have never listened to it but no doubting it’s an instituton with a very loyal listenership ! What with this and someone meeting Jasper Carrott on the Camino it’s been quite a week!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back