• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camiño Bug Strikes Back!

Diogo92

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C. Português 2013, 2014
C. de Fátima 2014
C. do Salnés 2015
One week and one day to depart for Ponte de Lima, to start my second Caminho Português.

Have already packed everything inside the bag.

Am I going nuts or what!?

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's time to take a daily check on the weather you can expect: http://www.tempo.pt/portugal-seguinte-sabado.htm. From Wednesday, check twice a day. It looks pretty good, so are you sure you want to take that pullover?

I rather prefer to check ipma.pt, the oficial website for weather in Portugal. The problem right now, it's the difference between the day temperatures, and the night temperatures. Only taking a gillet, so I'm not worried with that :p

Diogo, we are arriving in Porto on Wednesday this week, starting to walk toward Santiago on Friday morning. You will probably be way ahead of us, but who knows? Our paths may cross. Linnea

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
One week and one day to depart for Ponte de Lima, to start my second Caminho Português.
You sound perfectly normal to me.

I have 6-7 weeks before I go: Checking my backpack tonight. Need to bring it to the shop tomorrow for some extra straps, etc., and then I'll sew on a couple of badges.

Will start test packing in a couple of days.

Nothing wrong with you at all.

Buen Camino!

Diogo, we are arriving in Porto on Wednesday this week, starting to walk toward Santiago on Friday morning. You will probably be way ahead of us, but who knows? Our paths may cross. Linnea

I start walking from Ponte de Lima on the 25th, so probably we will meet each other. Search for the guy with the green lettuce color backpack, with the St. James Cross on it, forum badge and the Order of Malta cross too.

Ohhh, and one stainless mug :D

You sound perfectly normal to me.

I have 6-7 weeks before I go: Checking my backpack tonight. Need to bring it to the shop tomorrow for some extra straps, etc., and then I'll sew on a couple of badges.

Will start test packing in a couple of days.

Nothing wrong with you at all.

Buen Camino!

I was supposed to pack it earlier. I think that I will change the bags, for better ziplog bags.

I don't know what stages you are doing, but I think that you are the ones who are going to be in front of me!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

As others have noted, it's too late, you are already nuts. Wishing you a wonderful Caminho and hope you will have time to check in and say hi, but if not, enjoy every minute! Laurie

As others have noted, it's too late, you are already nuts. Wishing you a wonderful Caminho and hope you will have time to check in and say hi, but if not, enjoy every minute! Laurie
Honestly, he is not nuts: He is one of us, obviously, and we are surely not nuts, are we? ;) Must check my pack once more: Only 6 weeks left...

I don't know what stages you are doing, but I think that you are the ones who are going to be in front of me!
Diogo, We have blue packs, and I have a new red rain jacket, also dark blue ponchos. Two folks with white hair, and we probably won't be walking real fast! I'll look for you! No phone, but maybe email if wifi.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Nuts? What does that make me then? My backpack has already been packed for 6 weeks now and we have to wait another 4 before getting back out on the Camino. I must be bonkers right??? ;)

I rather prefer to check ipma.pt, the oficial website for weather in Portugal. The problem right now, it's the difference between the day temperatures, and the night temperatures. Only taking a gillet, so I'm not worried with that :p

The weather will certainly be better than it was in the 1st week if January. I missed a lot of opportunities to stop and enjoy the scenery due to the crappy weather from this stage onwards to Santiago. I hope you get more of a chance than I did.

Bom Caminho!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The weather will certainly be better than it was in the 1st week if January. I missed a lot of opportunities to stop and enjoy the scenery due to the crappy weather from this stage onwards to Santiago. I hope you get more of a chance than I did.

Bom Caminho!

0ºC minimal. Iaicks :eek: I hope that at least I have some sun during the day.

Two months to go, but just repacked my bag. I had to take everything out to sew on the badges from the old bag. But hey, doesn't it feel great just holding the bag?

Yes it does. And it also feel great when you put your pack on, with a difference of 3kg from last year :)

My backpack is always packed. When I return from a camino, I wash, dry and pack again, ready to go if a chance turns up!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Nuts? Are you kidding? I start 2 months in advance because I have to decide exactly what I can carry to keep my pack to 15 lbs (& I have to take camera & ipad mini). In fact, for all long trips, I have to pack & repack at least 5 (usually more) times. It's just how I get ready.

Having read the posts up to this point, I can only conclude that you are all barking mad.
Am I really the only sane person who walks the camino?
I don't count the hours to my next one - the Camino Ingles.
I don't NEED to count the hours.
I know it's only eleven weeks, four days, seven hours and ...... forty minutes ..... make that thirty-nine.
:rolleyes:

P.S. Thirty-eight ....

Two months to go, but just repacked my bag. I had to take everything out to sew on the badges from the old bag. But hey, doesn't it feel great just holding the bag?
Three weeks to go but I too, have to move patches. Shed a few pounds when my concerned wife decided I needed a (much) lighter pack.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Three weeks to go but I too, have to move patches. Shed a few pounds when my concerned wife decided I needed a (much) lighter pack.
Hi Emonty!
If you're going WTH your wife, better take note and obey.
If you're going WITHOUT your wife, you'll be fine, just go and enjoy .... :)

6 weeks to go before i start in Porto. Still have some stuff to order and then pack and weigh.

Cant wait. Its time again.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
After almost two week's passed, and I WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN!

When I reached Santiago on my first camino in 2005, I said never again. Since then I have been on a camino nearly every year!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
When I reached Santiago on my first camino in 2005, I said never again. Since then I have been on a camino nearly every year!

That's the spirit!

Walking 4 weeks today, starting to count in ernest. But also reconsidering where to start. I'm more than a little tempted to forget SJPdP and bus to Irun for the Tunnel.

Walking 4 weeks today, starting to count in ernest. But also reconsidering where to start. I'm more than a little tempted to forget SJPdP and bus to Irun for the Tunnel.

GO GO GO!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm leaving in 79 days and already I have my Osprey out and hanging so I can see it every day. And I'm doing a packing list and making piles of what to bring, what maybe to bring. No, I do not have a pile of what not to bring. It is nice to see, that I'm not the only one who's counting the months, the weeks, the days.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.