• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Cami Catala from Barcelona and Montserrat in Catalunya

BillyBoy

I thought some visitors who are interested in starting from Barcelona might be interested in this site,

http://www.camisantjaume.com/

which is an association for the promotion of the Catalan leg of the Way of St. James. One can start in Barcelona itself, but more appropriate would be to start at Montserrat, the great mountain-monastery-shrine to Our Lady a short train ride outside the city, which has been a centre of pilgrimage for the Catalan-speaking world for over 1000 years. From there you have a couple of days' journey to Logronyo, where you pick up the Camino Frances through Aragon.

Note that the site is, at present, only available in (mainly) Catalan, French, and Castilian. Anyone with a working knowledge of at least one Romance language should be able to decipher most written Catalan. There is a very good downloadable PDF file naming all of the towns you pass through, the km between them, and indicating where there are refugios or interesting sites. A more thorough book on the Cami Catala published by the Association can be purchased at certain bookstores in Barcelona. The site can also get you your credencial.

Given how popular Barcelona is these days and how easy it is to get cheap flights there, it may be a good place to begin your camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for the link to the site. I'm looking for a walking route from Barcelona to Montserrat, so I'd like to find the PDF you referenced. Could you provide a link to that, since I can't seem to find it on the site. (Their Castilian version doesn't seem to be working; when I click on Español, nothing changes. I'll accept Catalan if that's all they have.

I thought some visitors who are interested in starting from Barcelona might be interested in this site,

http://www.camisantjaume.com/

which is an association for the promotion of the Catalan leg of the Way of St. James. One can start in Barcelona itself, but more appropriate would be to start at Montserrat, the great mountain-monastery-shrine to Our Lady a short train ride outside the city, which has been a centre of pilgrimage for the Catalan-speaking world for over 1000 years. From there you have a couple of days' journey to Logronyo, where you pick up the Camino Frances through Aragon.

Note that the site is, at present, only available in (mainly) Catalan, French, and Castilian. Anyone with a working knowledge of at least one Romance language should be able to decipher most written Catalan. There is a very good downloadable PDF file naming all of the towns you pass through, the km between them, and indicating where there are refugios or interesting sites. A more thorough book on the Cami Catala published by the Association can be purchased at certain bookstores in Barcelona. The site can also get you your credencial.

Given how popular Barcelona is these days and how easy it is to get cheap flights there, it may be a good place to begin your camino.

Hi! This is great. Have you done this? I’m planning to come from BCN airport to Montserrat via public transport of some sort. Then, is that where I’d take that train ride? I’d like to go from there, stay a night then trek a day. Any help would be appreciated.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back