• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino Do Mar- incredible scenery.

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Various ones.
I have been following my friends journey from Ribadeo, various photos, videos and comments - wow, wow, wow,wow. The days and stages look supremely stunning. It does help that is has been sunny and hot, the colours of the sea,cliffs beaches and horizon come alive. There is 5 of them walking, 3 have at least 75 caminos between them between but they are still overawed by the scenery. Galicia is a jewel of a province.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It's not a problem, I suppose I went for ease of description when posting.

My Camigos were at Estaca de Bares a couple of hours ago, it seems that aside from a handful of industrial plants it is very hard to post anything about this route which is not beautiful.

Last edited:
It's not a problem, I suppose I went for ease of description when posting.

My Camigos were at Estaca de Bares a couple of hours ago, it seems that aside from a handful of industrial plants it is very hard to post anything about this route which is not beautiful.

I even found some of the industrial areas really intriguing.

If anyone is interested in some of the views on this route here is a link to my blog where I posted many photos and description of my side trip to Estaca de Bares, the most northerly point of Spain.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

I agree, when I walked between Gijon and Aviles years ago, the long industrial areas between the two places reminded me so much of the area I come from in the North East, the steel plants and the run down dirty housing nearby, it made me look at my own conceptions about the people who live there and why the housing is run down and looking neglected.
But whoever give permission for the industrial plant and chimney to be built on the bay at San Cibrao either had a mare or is doing very well for themselves.

Last edited:

If anyone is interested in some of the views on this route here is a link to my blog where I posted many photos and description of my side trip to Estaca de Bares, the most northerly point of Spain.
Love your link. I had planned to do the Ruta do Mar this April to the Ingles, but alas it was not meant to be. Next April I hope.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I hope you get there next year @Dinah Shaw. It’s quite an experience.
Well, come hell or high water I will get there. I had hoped to finish the second half of the Norte (did first half and half Frances in 2016), Ruta do Mar, Ingles and Finisterre, Muxia this spring and then do San Salvador and Primitivo in the fall. Sigh. But as my hero Winston said: "Never give up."

After having to cut short our planned route, due to the outbreak in the Mariña Lucense, we will definitely be back as soon as possible.

The only part that we managed to walk before getting out of Lugo province, from Ribadeo to Barreiros, was fantastic.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back