• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino Francés in Spring

DMG

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés May-June 2016
Hi,

I walked the Camino Francés in May-June this year. A genuinely wonderful and unforgettable experience.

I posted photos and comments each day of the Camino to diariocamino.wordpress.com. The site now also includes a daily walk summary, a zoomable route map and a list of the gear I took with some post-Camino reflections on its use. I hope the blog helps those who, like me, visit this forum to find answers to the myriad questions that arise when thinking about and planning a Camino journey.

Buen camino!

David

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi,

I walked the Camino Francés in May-June this year. A genuinely wonderful and unforgettable experience.

I posted photos and comments each day of the Camino to diariocamino.wordpress.com. The site now also includes a daily walk summary, a zoomable route map and a list of the gear I took with some post-Camino reflections on its use. I hope the blog helps those who, like me, visit this forum to find answers to the myriad questions that arise when thinking about and planning a Camino journey.

Buen camino!

David
Your blog is fantastic you seemed to have nailed quite a few things I have been thinking about with your gear list. Did you design your own blog on Wordpress or is that a template as I'm still trying to decide how best to capture the trip and I love what you have done.

Regards
Mike

Hi Mike, the site is based on a free Wordpress theme called Parament. (That theme is no longer available for new blogs, but there are plenty of other free themes available.) The tables on the Daily Walk Summary and Gear List pages are basic HTML tables I added to standard Parament pages. The posts on the Daily Posts pages are standard format too, posted daily en route using the Wordpress app on a smartphone.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back