• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino never leaves ones heart.

trevorcc

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPD to Santiago 2013,2014, Camino de Levante Sept. 2016, Frances March 2018, planning 2020
Well its been 4 months since my second Camino (finished in Nov. 2014) this year I am paddling 2200k down the Murray river in Australia (my Kayaks named Santiago) as my wife will not let me leave Australia. But I have made up my mind to go back to the Camino in 2016, will I do another path I think not the Camino Frances has so many sights and friends yet to meet, vino tinto's to drink laughs to be had with my new fiends.
I thought I had finished but this old fella has another trip, I am only afraid that I will stop on the way and just talk to those that pass and enjoy those quiet days in a church somewhere or sitting on a rock and share a Hi how are you to those that pass.
Camino forever.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
May many roads fill your life, let there be many lost horizons found with someone there to give you a glad smile, may there always be a road to find your feet upon. Be that the road never leave you wanting. I left one road behind and still yearn for the far horizons.Happy Horizons to yah!

I walked to Santiago in 2013, it was a high point in my life, and I would love to do it all again. I recently got full custody of my ten year old daughter, who is definitely not into walking holidays, so it will be many years before I can do a long stretch again, but am making plans to walk from Le Puy to Santiago for my 60th birthday. The camino remains with me and I think of it often. May all who are walking it soon enjoy it!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have returned to Spain the past 6 years, this will be my fourth time walking to Santiago de Compostela. I love the country, the foods and the people, walking and meeting others with the same passions is a such an incredible emotional lure. What I have also realized is walking an old rail bed in Virginia with my granddaughter by my side is my Camino...my path, my journey through life.
The draw to the Camino or costa Brava or the Pyrenees around Ceret, France is so addictive but my greatest Camino is life. Now that I treasure!

I walked to Santiago in 2013, it was a high point in my life, and I would love to do it all again. I recently got full custody of my ten year old daughter, who is definitely not into walking holidays, so it will be many years before I can do a long stretch again, but am making plans to walk from Le Puy to Santiago for my 60th birthday. The camino remains with me and I think of it often. May all who are walking it soon enjoy it!
I walked half in September 2014 with my brother and we are going to finish the trip this October 2015. I also plan to do the whole route again on my 60th birthday. It may be myself that time as I don't think my brother will walk it again. I have such fond memories and I really want to be able start again at St jean and walk this time the whole route in one go. This will be my 60th birthday gift to myself. Won't be until 2018 May... but time flies

Once you have walked the Camino it stays with you in your life. When I experience hard times in my working/ personal life, I stop and think "What would be the Camino angel on this" and the answers come to me and it helps me overcome whatever difficulties, I have.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
What is it that makes walking the Camino so special? Are there other long distance walks that are at least comparable? Is the 35+ days of relative deprivation from normal, every day comforts along with forgotten obligations back home that make people want to walk it? (If that were true, then the permanently homeless would be the happiest, most contented people in the world.) It must be something other than the change in perspective that travel in general affords. Visits to other countries and locations could do that as well. Is it the physical and emotional challenge that entices; can the body and mind take the abuse? If so, why not walk to the North Pole? Is the religious pilgrimage? What if you are a non-believer? Is it the camaraderie, the exposure to a different culture, language and customs? Go to any other country but your own to get this, or to a bar on the other side of the town you're in now. Why do perigrinos keep going back? Did they miss the point the first time?

I have traveled extensively but have never walked the Camino...yet. Next year hopefully, although I have no idea why.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back