• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino The Camino Provides

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This afternoon on the long slog from Azambuja to Santarem, in the middle of nowhere, I was thinking how great it would be to have somewhere to sit down for a few minutes. Not 2 minutes later I came across this:View attachment 121443

The Camino provides!✨
Be careful about bed bugs...could be why they got rid of it?

Hi Lin
This afternoon on the long slog from Azambuja to Santarem, in the middle of nowhere, I was thinking how great it would be to have somewhere to sit down for a few minutes. Not 2 minutes later I came across this:View attachment 121443

The Camino provides!✨
say. We’re a bit ahead of you in Tomar and enjoying every step! Bom Caminho!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
An update from the Camino. After 9 days of walking I am in Coimbra. It has been an excellent Camino, met about 15 or so other pilgrims (one of whom was bitten by a dog, luckily not serious). Not much rain but cold wind and very cold at night. Sun is strong, I got slight sunburn.

The stages have been long, last 4 days have been 30 k plus, with the longest yesterday being 40 from Alvorge to Coimbra due to the albergue in Conimbriga being full ( hospitalero was very apologetic but could not allow me to use my mattress on the floor) and the one in Cernache is shut, leaving the option of sleeping out, which I considered, or pushing on to Coimbra.

On arrival spent some time looking around before finding the Hotel Larbelo where I am giving myself a rest day today.

There is lots of new signage and the way seems to have been re-routed away from main roads where possible onto farm and forest tracks. Very muddy but no traffic. Still some very dodgy road walking though.

Lindsay53,
Thans for your update. Will you be going to Fatima?

Route of the Carmelites is a new path to follow in Central Portugal between Coimbra and the Sanctuary of Fátima.

Carpe diem

Lindsay53,
Thans for your update. Will you be going to Fatima?

Route of the Carmelites is a new path to follow in Central Portugal between Coimbra and the Sanctuary of Fátima.

Carpe diem
No, I wont be going to Fatima but I have seen a lot of new signs and information boards pointing out the new path. Local government seems to have used the covid down time to do a lot of work on the Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

The Camino provides!✨
I wonder if it will still be there next month when I walk through. 😄

There is lots of new signage and the way seems to have been re-routed away from main roads where possible onto farm and forest tracks. Very muddy but no traffic. Still some very dodgy road walking though.
That's good to know

You met Ron! We walked together for several days (including the dog). I'm in Coimbra myself (staying a couple of nights to sightsee and recharge/heal), heading out the morning of 11 April.

Bom Camhino!
Andy

Camino update.....I am now in Tui. It has been an interesting journey so far. Very quiet prior to Porto but now the pilgrim numbers are building.
I have mentioned previously that I was a dedicated non-booker, however ideology and reality do not always match. I have been booking one day ahead since Porto. When even the donativos are taking bookings you know you are fighting a losing battle.
At the albergue in Porto the completo sign went up as soon as the door opened, and at least 6 were turned away while I was checking in. Having your own mattress makes no difference it seems.
It is Easter though, and things may ease next week.
Acommodation aside, it has been great! Even 4 days of almost continuous rain did not dampen my spirits too much.😊

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Arrived in Santiago this afternoon. Was a bit lost entering town from the south but recognised the small square and cafe where I had farewell drinks with people I met on the Frances three years ago and the cathederal square was just around the corner.

After checking in to my albergue I went to the Pilgrims office. The system works well and I waited about 5 minutes after I had completed the online form.

Off to Finisterre tomorrow!

At the albergue in Porto the completo sign went up as soon as the door opened, and at least 6 were turned away while I was checking in. Having your own mattress makes no difference it seems.
That's probably because of strict fire codes and insurance concerns which limit the number of people who are allowed to stay in the building.

What a difference a day makes. Last night I was all set to head to Finisterre, but after the rain last night and a check of the weather report this morning I have decided to end my Camino in Santiago this time.
I may regret it later, but right now it seems the thing to do, and Finisterre will still be there next time.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back