• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino The Camino Provides

Lindsay53

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2019
Portugues 2022
VDLP 2023
Hola from the Via de la Plata. Currently having a well deserved rest in Albergue La Casa del Raloj in Alamaden de la Plata. Great walk today through the national park but the big hill at the end was a challenge. Still, every day on the Camino is a good day. Have seen around 20 - 30 other Pilgrims since Seville. There is a bar offering a pilgrim meal so I feel I must go now and take advantage of it. 🙂

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What a perfect time of year to walk The Plata @Lindsay53! Spring flowers everywhere those huge Spanish skies - glorious.

I remember “that” hill - what a shocker! I remember the first sight of it and thinking, “surely no” and my heart sank when I found it was to be “definitely yes”!

Buen Camino!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My carefully put together first aid kit is sitting on a chair in the albergue in Monasterio. This would be fine, except I am in Fuente de Cantos, 21 kilometres down the road. ☺️ When the farmacia opens in an hour or so I will replace my gear. Apart from that small embarrassment all is well, although the afternoon heat is an issue when walking. 🥵

Here am I sat in the very nice and shady courtyard of Las Catalinas hostel in Riolobos enjoying a beer and thinking all is well with the world. After the long and hot 33 kilometre day yesterday I decided that a shorter day was in order, now getting some washing done and giving my sore foot a rest.
It has been a fantastic couple of weeks. Met some interesting people and seen some amazing scenery and as always the Spanish people are great and very accommodating to Pilgrims.
I did hear some sad news a couple of days ago. Seems a pilgrim I met briefly at the start of the Camino collapsed with the heat. He was found by two pilgrims who called the emergency services and went with him to hospital. He is recovered and has returned to Seville. I won't name names but you boys are legends!👍

Hi Lindsay,
Good to see you are still powering away on the trail, it’s a week since I arrived home, hope everything is nice and dandy I suppose all the soldiers from the start are not on your radar or maybe so, how did you cope with them few hot days during the week.. early start? Anyway good luck with the rest of your journey.
All the best fiachra

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Lindsay,
Good to see you are still powering away on the trail, it’s a week since I arrived home, hope everything is nice and dandy I suppose all the soldiers from the start are not on your radar or maybe so, how did you cope with them few hot days during the week.. early start? Anyway good luck with the rest of your journey.
All the best fiachra
Hi Fiachra, yes mate, all is good here. Some really hot days that needed early starts but it has been great. I have lost touch with most of the others as I had a short day a couple of days ago, but all were doing well. Noyoko especially, powering right along! Cheers mate, have a pint of Guinness for me!

Good to hear all that Lindsay, will pop my head in here once in a while to see the craic. Tell Noyoko I was asking for her.

Hola from Salamanca. The way has been excellent so far. The scenery and the people, the fantastic albergues and hospitaleros and hospitaleras, all making this a Camino to remember. The holiday weekend made accommodation a little tight but nothing of real concern. The weather has cooled down considerably from last week and the walking is much easier. A couple of peregrinos are leaving the Via here and heading to Portugal on the Camino Torres, which I had not heard of until now. Buen Camino to them and to all others on the Way right now.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola from Salamanca. The way has been excellent so far. The scenery and the people, the fantastic albergues and hospitaleros and hospitaleras, all making this a Camino to remember. The holiday weekend made accommodation a little tight but nothing of real concern. The weather has cooled down considerably from last week and the walking is much easier. A couple of peregrinos are leaving the Via here and heading to Portugal on the Camino Torres, which I had not heard of until now. Buen Camino to them and to all others on the Way right now.
Sounds great. Really looking forward to my start start from Sevilla late September.

And now, Lindsay? Hope all is going well. I might some day have a nosey around Sevilla, and could even do a wee saunter out along the camino for a few hours. Not this year though! I will keep looking out for your progress reports.

Hola from Asturianos. A beer and pizza in the bar attached to the albergue are going down well. The walking has been great the last few days, much cooler, even cold in the mornings with a nice cool breeze throughout the day. Pilgrim numbers are fluctuating. I saw no one while walking yesterday and only 4 in the large albergue in Rionegro del Puente last night. Today however, after walking and seeing no one, there are at least a dozen here in Asturianos tonight. This can be explained by several cyclists and two Pilgrims on horses, happily grazing in the paddock behind the albergue. (The horses, not the Pilgrims).

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola from the Via de la Plata. Currently having a well deserved rest in Albergue La Casa del Raloj in Alamaden de la Plata. Great walk today through the national park but the big hill at the end was a challenge. Still, every day on the Camino is a good day. Have seen around 20 - 30 other Pilgrims since Seville. There is a bar offering a pilgrim meal so I feel I must go now and take advantage of it. 🙂
Sendero del Calvario, what a hill! I just completed Via de la Plata last month! Such a beautiful Camino!

Hola from Galicia! Arrived in A Gudina this afternoon after an excellent walk over the hills. Had a nice encounter with a British couple in a camper van at the top of the pass, they gave me a cup of coffee and an apple which went down very well after the climb. The Xunta albergue is excellent. Only 2 years old and has not seen much use because of the pandemic. Now enjoying a feed and a beer in the only bar open on Sunday 🙂
Edited to add that I was a bit disturbed to find the way markers in Galicia have added an extra 30 kilometres or so to the distance to Santiago..🤔

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good going Lindsay on your final stretch, just thinking this time last month we where in almaden I believe time flies when your having fun. I suppose all of the stranglers are gone from our group.

Good going Lindsay on your final stretch, just thinking this time last month we where in almaden I believe time flies when your having fun. I suppose all of the stranglers are gone from our group.
G'day Fiachra. Yes, time is flying, but it has been good. No one left from our group now, I last saw Noyoko almost two weeks ago. She headed for Astorga while I followed the Sanabres. But I did see the Irish girl on the bike! Ran into her in a bar near Morille. She had been taking things easy and detouring off the Camino, but the tail light you saved for her is long gone!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hahaha that’s great to hear Lindsay, never would of thought that the Irish girl would pop up again, enjoy the rest of your Camino. Will pop in again sometime

Hola from Santiago! 39 days from Seville and here I am. Walked from Ponte Ulla this morning, watching the distance markers getting ever smaller, reaching the outskirts of town, seeing familiar streets and reaching the Praza....very emotional. Then hearing my name called by a peregrino I met a while ago and never thought to see again. Went to the Pilgrims office and was in and out in about 20 minutes...This compostela was especially significant to me as today is my late wife's birthday and I had it made out in vicare pro to her. Meeting some others for dinner and drinks in a couple of hours. It has been quite a journey.

Hola from Santiago! 39 days from Seville and here I am. Walked from Ponte Ulla this morning, watching the distance markers getting ever smaller, reaching the outskirts of town, seeing familiar streets and reaching the Praza....very emotional. Then hearing my name called by a peregrino I met a while ago and never thought to see again. Went to the Pilgrims office and was in and out in about 20 minutes...This compostela was especially significant to me as today is my late wife's birthday and I had it made out in vicare pro to her. Meeting some others for dinner and drinks in a couple of hours. It has been quite a journey.

Buen camino.

🙏🏾👏🏾❤️👏🏾🙏🏾

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well done Lindsay, made it in good time and you still have to go too fisterra. What was the nicest part of the walk? probably difficult to answer. Must of been faith that you finished on your wife’s birthday all part of the Camino magic. Anyway enjoyed our couple of days together and i suppose that is a lifetime ago with your 39 days.

Well done Lindsay, made it in good time and you still have to go too fisterra. What was the nicest part of the walk? probably difficult to answer. Must of been faith that you finished on your wife’s birthday all part of the Camino magic. Anyway enjoyed our couple of days together and i suppose that is a lifetime ago with your 39 days.
Thanks Fiachra, it is still sinking in that I'm here. Hard to say what the nicest part was, it was all good in its way. If I had to choose I think the forests of Galicia would be it, in spite of all the hills. Pity you had to finish mate. I enjoyed our walk and a couple of beers in Santiago together would have gone down well!

Brilliant Lindsay, would of enjoyed going on further and the beers…. Maybe in time we will have a future Camino planned,anyway all the best and enjoy fisterra.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Lindsay, Just back from wild camping the mourne mountains for 2 nights, anyway it seems like it was only yesterday that we started too me,I’d say a bit longer for you with the 43 days, anyway good luck have a safe trip home and congratulations on completing the via. Buen Camino.

I'm following this thread with vicarious enjoyment. I'm a bit worried about the stranglers though.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Lindsay, Just back from wild camping the mourne mountains for 2 nights, anyway it seems like it was only yesterday that we started too me,I’d say a bit longer for you with the 43 days, anyway good luck have a safe trip home and congratulations on completing the via. Buen Camino.
Thanks mate, 🍻

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back