• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino Voyage Movie - Toronto, Canada

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
In a previous member posting this movie was highly recommended...so I did some digging and to my surprise found out it is scheduled to play in Toronto this September!

Sadly here is the problem...50 tickets must be reserved in the next 23 days or the movie will not be shown. So far 2 tickets have been reserved...mine😭

So if there is anyone living in or near Toronto that is interested here is your chance...and mine!

Thanks

Guy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am lucky....I got 2 tickets for Sep. 23rd....and am looking forward to it.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Please note the organizer has changed the date from Monday, September 23 to Wednesday, September 25. For those who have reserved tickets, you should get an email from Demand Films about this.

@Guy, I agree with you. A movie like this should be seen on big screen.

Congratulations to Winnipeg and Toronto, your screening is confirmed. Well Done.

Ottawa needs one more ticket. Consider bringing a friend, someone?

the screening in Toronto at Yonge Dundas Square on Sept 23 is confirmed with sufficient tickets now sold. might make sense to switch theatres and go downtown Toronto to see it.
Many thanks...will wait a fewo days to see if things change but will definitely switch theatres as suggested if they don’t.

Guy

In a previous member posting this movie was highly recommended...so I did some digging and to my surprise found out it is scheduled to play in Toronto this September!

Sadly here is the problem...50 tickets must be reserved in the next 23 days or the movie will not be shown. So far 2 tickets have been reserved...mine😭

So if there is anyone living in or near Toronto that is interested here is your chance...and mine!

Thanks

Guy
Great news...still hope to see movie in theatre...as of this morning 47 needed so an improvement of one!!! Guy
That was me.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So, I'm a little confused now. Is the Wednesday September 25 screening at Yonge/Eglinton linked to in post #1 above the same as the replacement screening mentioned in post #7 above? If that is the case, GuyA and I don't need to switch theatres (but blamoca and everyone else might need to). Or is there some other screening on Wednesday September 25 at Yonge Dundas I should be looking at?

So, I'm a little confused now. Is the Wednesday September 25 screening at Yonge/Eglinton linked to in post #1 above the same as the replacement screening mentioned in post #7 above? If that is the case, GuyA and I don't need to switch theatres (but blamoca and everyone else might need to). Or is there some other screening on Wednesday September 25 at Yonge Dundas I should be looking at?
Hi David

My understanding now is that there are two showing Sept 23 at Yonge Dundas which is confirmed...the Sept 25th showing is at Eglinton which at this time needs 45 more tickets sold to be confirmed.

I have contacted Demand Films to find out if those (me included) who wait to find out (Sept 11th cutoff date) if the Eglinton showing is a go whether we can be guaranteed tickets to the Sept 23rd Yonge Dundas showing if the 25th is cancelled.

Phew...will let you know what I hear.

Guy

look forward to the update. we were charged the $ yesterday for YongeDundas screening Sept23 and have not been advised of changes ...yet .... at least.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
look forward to the update. we were charged the $ yesterday for YongeDundas screening Sept23 and have not been advised of changes ...yet .... at least.
As I understand it you won’t have any changes as the Sept 23rd showing at YongeDundas is a go! It’s the Sep 25th Eglinton screening which is not yet confirmed.

Thanks

Guy
Guy the Toronto Shown for the 23rd is a go
We sold the required tickets. A second showing on the 25th in a different location in the GTA is still need no more.
Please note... tickets are still available for the 23rd

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Please note the organizer has changed the date from Monday, September 23 to Wednesday, September 25. For those who have reserved tickets, you should get an email from Demand Films about this.

@Guy, I agree with you. A movie like this should be seen on big screen.

Congratulations to Winnipeg and Toronto, your screening is confirmed. Well Done.

Ottawa needs one more ticket. Consider bringing a friend, someone?
The 23rd Toronto screening is a go.

No change in venue. Please verify your info before posting. There is another location for the 25th and yes they still need the required tickets

I am sorry if I have caused any confusion but I was answering to Guy's original post. He referred to the screening at Scarborough which was indeed rescheduled from Monday, September 23 to Wednesday, September 25. We did get an email from Demand Films about this. The screening you referred to is in Toronto.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi David

My understanding now is that there are two showing Sept 23 at Yonge Dundas which is confirmed...the Sept 25th showing is at Eglinton which at this time needs 45 more tickets sold to be confirmed.

I have contacted Demand Films to find out if those (me included) who wait to find out (Sept 11th cutoff date) if the Eglinton showing is a go whether we can be guaranteed tickets to the Sept 23rd Yonge Dundas showing if the 25th is cancelled.

Phew...will let you know what I hear.

Guy
I would suggest you check on the Toronto Chapter - Canadian Company of Pilgrims Facebook page for updates... to avoid confusion. We are pretty on top of this.

I am sorry if I have caused any confusion but I was answering to Guy's original post. He referred to the screening at Scarborough which was indeed rescheduled from Monday, September 23 to Wednesday, September 25. We did get an email from Demand Films about this. The screening you referred to is in Toronto.
yes

HI Everyone, Let me pull this all together.
Monday, September 23, the screening in Toronto is a GO! We have sold the required amount of tickets (50) and have been able to keep the original date. FYI, there are more tickets available for this date and location.

Wednesday, September 25 at the Scarborough location 50 tickets need to be presold. There are 21 days left to do so. Should we not reach the quota, your card will not be charged. This change of dates is recent and might actually be to the benefit of people who could not make the Monday screening.
So lets make this happen too.

For any updates, please go to the Toronto Chapter - Canadian Company of Pilgrims facebook page. I am in constant contact with the Demand Films and will keep you posted of any changes.

Thanks Ingrid

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Ingrid for the clarification. I was not aware of the confirmed screening at YongeDundas when I first posted. To be honest being new to Toronto was not even aware of the Toronto Chapter. Learn new things every day!

I have chosen to cancel my Sep 25th pending tickets and purchased 2 tickets to the Sep 23rd showing at YongeDundas. I am very much looking forward to seeing this movie.

Thanks

Guy

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I'm in Toronto and would love to help you out. (As an author of my own Camino adventure, I'm always interested in other Camino tales.) But I'll be traveling in France during both those (possible) dates. Good luck!

Thanks

Guy
I am going to be in Toronto the 20th for the weekend. I'll go.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back