• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino Voyage

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

This film will be shown on Irish channel, TG4 tonight, if I understand the message correctly from the Irish Camino Society. For anyone who can catch it, and even if you have seen it before, it will be worth giving it time. Beautiful, heart warming, true. A group of Irish guys make a small boat and set sail... over four years ... and reach their destination, Santiago. It has a note of sadness at the end, but then, so does life...
If this message is in the wrong section, please move it, any moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I had seen the unfinished Film as a three part series on TG4 a few years ago but will watch this again, it really is a beautiful piece of work and worth a watch, especially for me as I am involved in my local currach club.
Yes, wayfarer, it is beautiful.. When I saw it in the Lighthouse recently, some of the members of the crew, and of the film production team, were there and took questions afterwards. It was poignant. I had also seen it in parts on tv. I will watch it tonight in honour of many, not least the most recent pilgrim who died on the camino, Philip Dunlop. I think I have his name correctly, but my laptop refuses to go back and check, so let me hope.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great film dedicated to all of the pilgrims that set out from Ireland over the centuries... what a connection back to our ancestors. Such a powerful story with the happiness and joy of life tempered with the sadness..

TG4 is reshowing this film tomorrow evening at 7:45pm Irish time, part of their St Patrick's Day progranming.
TG4 have a great online player and some of their programmes are available worldwide for a limited time (4 weeks?) after broadcast. However I don't know if that will apply to this show - worth checking out on https://www.tg4.ie/en/

Beannachtaí na fhéile Pádraig oraibh go léir

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
TG4 is reshowing this film tomorrow evening at 7:45pm Irish time, part of their St Patrick's Day progranming.
TG4 have a great online player and some of their programmes are available worldwide for a limited time (4 weeks?) after broadcast. However I don't know if that will apply to this show - worth checking out on https://www.tg4.ie/en/

Beannachtaí na fhéile Pádraig oraibh go léir
If there is a way for those of us to see it inUSA,Canada, Australia,etc. please do post that info if you know it? Thanks!

Last edited:
If there is a way for those of us to see it inUSA,Canada, Australia,etc. please do post that info if you know it? Thanks!
Check the link provided (during /after the broadcast time) - I expect that the show will be available on the player (100% probability for access from ireland) but as i am in Ireland, i can't tell if the show is available overseas. (i.e. It will work automatically for me in ireland)

You can rent it on YouTube. The different sections and trailer will captivate and likely make the rental worthwhile. Heck, I use to spill more beer in a night than the cost of the rental.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sorry maybe i was a bit unclear in the posts above. TG4 is the Irish language televisión Station which broadcasts in Ireland.
Its website in English is https://www.tg4.ie/en/
The station has a online player so it is possible to watch shows online after initial broadcast. The player is also available as an app for phones (i have the android version but i assume there is an iOS version).
Most shows are available online for computers accessing the site from Ireland... Depending on the rights purchased by TG4, the show may or may not be available online internationally. So your best bet is to check if you can find and access the show on that site after 7:45pm tomorrow (GMT). Best of luck 🤞

Sorry maybe i was a bit unclear in the posts above. TG4 is the Irish language televisión Station which broadcasts in Ireland.
Its website in English is https://www.tg4.ie/en/
The station has a online player so it is possible to watch shows online after initial broadcast. The player is also available as an app for phones (i have the android version but i assume there is an iOS version).
Most shows are available online for computers accessing the site from Ireland... Depending on the rights purchased by TG4, the show may or may not be available online internationally. So your best bet is to check if you can find and access the show on that site after 7:45pm tomorrow (GMT). Best of luck 🤞
Thank you!

Depending on the rights purchased by TG4, the show may or may not be available online internationally.
It is only available in Ireland but one can view it from elsewhere on the globe when using a VPN app and connecting to a server in Ireland. I watched it yesterday during the live broadcast and I have now verified that it is possible to watch it on the TG4 Player. It was my first chance to see this movie/documentary. Very enjoyable. Thanks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I see that you can rent Camino Voyage on Amazon Prime Video for $2.99 if you are in the USA but again this is geo-blocked for many if not most international viewers.

I am based in Europe, with Amazon accounts and credit cards issued by two different banks in two different EU countries to overcome part of these annoying geo-blocking situations. Out of curiosity, I tried to rent Camino Voyage on Prime Video and got this message: Your order wasn't completed and your payment method wasn't charged. The billing address on your payment method must be a valid address in United States. For credit cards, it must be issued from a bank in United States.

Just to show that global viewing isn't as easy as you may think. Not even when you are willing to pay. 😎

Last edited:
Thanks for that update @Kathar1na, glad you were able to see it anyway. I rewatched the 2nd half of it, it's a nice film but what really struck me again was the music, they were really able to connect to people in the towns they stopped in even though i don't think any of the rowers spoke Spanish (and presumably most folk they met didn't speak English and certainly not Irish!) . Lovely to hear lovely Kerry Irish spoken too.
Such a sad post script... RIP Danny Sheehy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.