• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Cathedral as a lighthouse

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
full

During holy years, the clock tower of the cathedral has a light turned on at the top at night. So you can more easily find your way.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There was a time being a Catholic in the USA was frowned upon and, sometimes, the Priest would be run out of town on a rail, or worse.
To indicate a Priest was present for Mass a candle would be lit in a specific way, in a specific window.
Welcoming the faithful, especially those looking for the Way, or those who may have lost it...is a long honored tradition.
Buen Camino

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A long time ago there was a catapult atop one of the cathedral towers! I rather prefer the light.
There was a time when the most substantial and defensible structure in a town was the Church. Here in the USA we have the Alamo in Texas. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that a cathedral, in this case Santiago would have been fortified. In 997, Almanzor, the ruler of al-Andalus, sacked Compostela and set the town, all of its churches, and its cathedral on fire.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
full

During holy years, the clock tower of the cathedral has a light turned on at the top at night. So you can more easily find your way.
Thank you Ivar for this beautiful Photo.
I have got my 2021 passports from your office, so now I just wait for better times, again walk to Santiago from San Jean P. d. Port and see the light in the top of the tower. 🍀 🍀 🍀

Since my first Camino the Catedral in Compostela has been a beacon to me. I feel so at home there. 🚶‍♂️😍

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
you are the author of the drawing humoristic lovely book Mi camino 2020? i enjoy it a lot
I'm delighted you've enjoy it: that was the idea :D

About the lighthouses from your home land, they all are magic, and I'm in love with all of them. Only one thing is better than them: the rest of Bretagne!

K.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm delighted you've enjoy it: that was the idea :D

About the lighthouses from your home land, they all are magic, and I'm in love with all of them. Only one thing is better than them: the rest of Bretagne!

K.
I cannot agree more !!
Do you know Ouessant island .., phares du Creach , Stiff, Ar Men and Kereon? Absolutely mythicals in the grand
saga of this magnificent constructions
Thank for the compliment, yes Bretagne is special , I am lucky
That s why Breton people even though being travellers always come back to their roots

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.