• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The cathedral opened up again today, I went for a walk inside

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The work they've done on the floor looks great, and I'll reserve my opinion as to the columns & arches & ceilings etc as it is clear that your phone camera had difficulty getting them into proper focus. Except once, and that particular column looked fine.

I find that the new (clearly temporary) altar arrangement is ghastly.

I do not mind chair arrangements like that within the wide open space of a cathedral -- I saw similar in Poitiers along my Way down from Paris in 1994, and it really helped to emphasise the simple beauty of that Romance Cathedral.

It would be lovely to see some stills done by a professional photographer ...

Thank you Ivar !!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you so much, Ivar! Your videos have been wonderful and very informative.

Thank you, Ivar. I really appreciate a view inside the newly-refurbished cathedral. The floors and walls look spectacular. With no pews and so much under scaffolding, I was a bit disoriented. The new -- and hopefully temporary -- altar (agree with @JabbaPapa on the style 😳), is that directly behind the main altar? Anyway, great job on the video, appreciate your updates, and hope maybe sometime in 2021 I'll get to see it myself.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks so much, Ivar! How wonderful to be able to see this! I even like the minimalist altar. It is only temporary, after all.
I'd imagine the restoration workers weren't terribly thrilled to have to start sharing the Cathedral with tourists again, but it really is all coming back to life again & that must make even them smile.

Thank you very much Ivar. It was wonderful to see the outside & inside of the Cathedral, felt we were there!
Anne & Pat

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Muchas gracias, Ivar. Very informative video as I can now picture what they are doing both inside and outside. Last trek through Santiago was in September, 2018; a lot has changed around the Cathedral facade and interior since then.
Reading through several updated biotech research reports from my perch in Seattle, I'm not optimistic about having an effective AND available virus vaccine until mid-2021. Probably means I'll not be returning to Santiago in any but spiritual ways until 2022. Thanks for keeping the Camino flame burning.

By the way, nice Cougar hat. One of my favorite sports teams here in Washington, along with the Jesuit university, Gonzaga.
Buen Camino

Muchas gracias, Ivar. Very informative video as I can now picture what they are doing both inside and outside. Last trek through Santiago was in September, 2018; a lot has changed around the Cathedral facade and interior since then.
Reading through several updated biotech research reports from my perch in Seattle, I'm not optimistic about having an effective AND available virus vaccine until mid-2021. Probably means I'll not be returning to Santiago in any but spiritual ways until 2022. Thanks for keeping the Camino flame burning.

By the way, nice Cougar hat. One of my favorite sports teams here in Washington, along with the Jesuit university, Gonzaga.
Buen Camino
Thank you... I am a Coug (Go WSU!) so the cap is appropriate :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
this is great! I was wondering what it must be like in there. Gives a feeling for the purity of the lines, without all the gewgaws and furnishings in there. .. the great echoey vastness of it.
Thank you, Ivar.
Long time no see, man.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks million Ivar for all your up-dates, they bring me close to Camino.......keep them coming!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This brought tears to my eyes. Thanks so much for taking me back to the place I now consider my spiritual home. I long to return! I hope the old pews come back once the restoration is completed. I lifted the design for my shell tattoo from them. 😊🚶‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_4194.JPG
    IMG_4194.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.