A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The Coastal Portugues - some images

LorneB

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugues - Porto to Vigo, 2017; Vigo to SDC to Muxia, 2018
Hey, there.

I walked the coastal Portugues in recent years - 2017 from Porto to Vigo, and then in 2018 from Vigo to Santiago, and on to Muxia. After the first part, I posted a link to my photo album, but not after the second part.

Perhaps these web albums will give those who are interested a sense of what the experience is like, and also bring back good memories to those who have also walked it.

Here you go...

Thanks,

LorneB

sugargypsy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019
In progress: CP 2020 and/or CI
Since I'm planning the CP this year, thanks for the nice pictures.

At what time of the year did you travel?

Gracy101

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
September 2019
Since I'm planning the CP this year, thanks for the nice pictures.

At what time of the year did you travel?
I wondered the same - from the Pilgrims passport in was May of 2017/2018. I'm in the beginning stages of planning for September of this year - you?

sugargypsy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019
In progress: CP 2020 and/or CI
I wondered the same - from the Pilgrims passport in was May of 2017/2018. I'm in the beginning stages of planning for September of this year - you?
I'm planning to start mid-September / end of September. I'm wondering how the landscape will be in autumn. Will it be green or brown (because of the hot summer) , will there still be blooming flowers?

Do you already know which way you'll be walking? Central or coastal?

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Great photos. Thanks for posting

Diem

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (2016)
Thanks LorneB, the pictures are great. I've been thinking over this route. Your photos made me nostalgic for a trip I haven't done yet :)

LorneB

Camino(s) past & future
Hi. Yes, it was May in both instances, both 2017 and 2018. On the whole, it was excellent weather, though my big learning experience from the first half was to get a bandana for the second half. Much of the coastal path is quite beautiful, but as with the way of coasts, not a lot of shade.

LorneB

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks LorneB, the pictures are great. I've been thinking over this route. Your photos made me nostalgic for a trip I haven't done yet :)
I don't have much frame of reference, as it's the only Camino I've walked (though I've also walked St. Cuthbert's way in the UK), and it's definitely nostalgia-worthy.

Airdog

SusanH
Camino(s) past & future
September (2019) Camino Frances
October (2019) Muxia & Finisterre
Great photos - thank you for sharing! After doing the CF last year I can’t wait to do the CP this September - looking at your photos definitely gets me excited 😀

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock