• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Contrary Way - Day 9 A hug from a stranger.

suekenney

A pilgrim in life.
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances solo (2001).
Guided Groups Frances (2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and plans for 2014.)
Portuguese (2004).
English solo (2005).
Frances el contrario (2010)
The Contrary Way
An Inspirational Guide to the journey back to yourself.
Day 9 - A hug from a stranger.

Leaving Cebreiro, my favourite place in the whole world, I felt a tiny shift in my perspective. This Camino journey was something I always wanted to do for myself. My interest was always to retrace my steps to return to the place I started. Like the pilgrims of old did. I focused on my journey, my lessons, my experiences and my needs. Today was different. I was intrigued by the pilgrims walking toward me. Looking into their eyes, their faces, their bodies, I saw myself. It was like looking into a mirror. Every emotion I had ever experienced was put in front of me through their presence. To each pilgrim I passed I called out, "Bon Camino." A man walked toward me with his head down. He had trekking poles and was leaning on them heavily. His knees were stiff and...
Read more at http://mycaminojourney.blogspot.com/

Tomorrow is about keeping a promise.
Hugs.
Love and light,
Sue

Sue Kenney is the author of the Canadian best-selling book My Camino presently in development as a feature film. She produced and directed a feature length documentary film called Las Peregrinas.
http://www.suekenney.ca
Facebook My Camino/Suseya
Twitter CaminoPeregrina

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ho! Sue Kenney ... do you remember last year arriving at the almost top on your reverse walk to Roncesvalles and stopping at my "First Aid and English tea" stop? My white camper van, and me in Franciscan brown shirt and shorts?

I remember you speaking of one of the benefits of walking in reverse was being able to see other pilgrim's eyes as you were walking towards them ....

Well met Sue.

David

Br. David said:
I remember you speaking of one of the benefits of walking in reverse was being able to see other pilgrim's eyes as you were walking towards them ....

David, of course I remember your smiling face. I remember your hospitality (tea and cakes) and great conversation too. After I left you, I walked with a big smile on my face. Thank you so much. It's good to see your eyes on my journey home.
Sue

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
David, we, Ellen and I , met you and your van the year before last I think, you were parked in off the track at a spot where there were a few trees near a stream, we really enjoyed your tea and converstation, thank you for taking care of us and so many other pilgrims
Pat

Thank you Sue - and you left us smiling too.

Pat, Hi - and hello to you ! - ah yes, after Burgos, a mile or so after Rabé de las Calzadas I think .. this one?

Attachments

• van 2.jpg
    van 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 417

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back