• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The cost of transporting the luggage daily

adpandey

Time of past OR future Camino
In the middle of June 2022, I will be in Mallorca.
I plan to do a solo walk from Leon on 13th June 2022. I wondered if anyone has the experience of transporting the backpack daily and the cost.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There are a number of baggage transport companies along the CF. Most albergues and hostels will have information on them. We have used them on several Caminos including the Francés and found them to be very reliable and easy to use. One leaves the backpack usually at the front desk of the albergue in the morning by a certain time a with a tag/envelope attached indication the delivery point. Our packs have always been at our next albergue by the time we have arrived. I will mention that we usually stay at private albergues or hostels. Not sure if the same works for the municipales. In the past we typically paid between 5-7€ per pack.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Spanish post office, Correos is one of several companies providing backpack transport along the Camino.
You can find the prices on their site, and I believe that there is a discount for prepaying for all your stages - though you can still remain flexible and change your stages as you go.

I think that the other companies like Jacotrans and CaminofacĂ­l have the same kind of deals.

I used the Correos service for my Sarria - Santiago journey. Fees for a backpack, not exceeding 15 kg, was calculated at like 38 euro I think. Very nice service!

Thank you Grousedoctor. It is a big help. I am doing solo and have never backpacked in my life.
4-6 Euros/day and it does include municipals. 1 hic-up when I had it delivered to a religious hostel who didn't accept pilgrims using any aids, they took it to a neighboring inn. (I said "I am 77 with 2 hip replacements and am walking 700 km - I think God is good with me if I carry a daypack ")

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
It was 2017. Municipality-run albergues did not accept luggages dropped by Jacotrans and alike. However, Jacotrans would drop-off and pick-up luggages in cafes and alike not far from the albergues.

In those cafes, they had designated places storing luggages, it is important to place the luggages there.

It was 2017. Municipality-run albergues did not accept luggages dropped by Jacotrans and alike. However, Jacotrans would drop-off and pick-up luggages in cafes and alike not far from the albergues.

In those cafes, they had designated places storing luggages, it is important to place the luggages there.
I've only been to one or two albergues who did not accept transport bags.
One is Guacelmo in Rabanal.
The other was in Leon and I don't believe they are now open.
Maybe we should start a list.

Usually, if the albergue where you're staying won't accept bags, there is a nearby hostel or hotel where your bags can/will be dropped off and you can pick them up.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I plan to do a solo walk from Leon on 13th June 2022. I wondered if anyone has the experience of transporting the backpack daily and the cost.
We paid 3euros a day in 2018 after injury dictated we give up carrying our own packs. We used Jacotrans at first, but our packs got shifted to Correos part way. Make sure you have everything you absolutely need while walking in a small daypack - we used waistpacks from REI. This includes poncho, water, cell phone, blister care, passport & credencial.

Correos were brilliant last year and in 2019. Last year I managed to get a very good deal by pre-paying - but I had a fixed itinerary - they were flexible and when we had a problem they resolved it quickly

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Correos were brilliant last year and in 2019. Last year I managed to get a very good deal by pre-paying - but I had a fixed itinerary - they were flexible and when we had a problem they resolved it quickly
Good to know! I have them booked for June/July.

Thank you Grousedoctor. It is a big help. I am doing solo and have never backpacked in my life.
I have used jacotran without any problem. You can either call them, email or arrange it with your albergue. I am not sure they deliver to donotivo or municipal albergues. Maybe someone else can comment. I am leaving next week and I just checked from Burgos to Hornillas del Camino and it is 5 euros

Correos charges a flat fee of €64 Euros from Leon…no matter how many stops you make!
So if you want to go slow and make 20 overnights you’ll average a liitle over €3.50 per day. If you would send your bag 15 days before arriving in SdC, then you’ll pay circa €4.35 per day is sent. Very reliable service! The problem with caminofacil, is that once your itinerary begins they charge a fee if you change your destination, each time. Correos, does not charge as long as you notify them the night before! Always read the fine print.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
4-6 Euros/day and it does include municipals. 1 hic-up when I had it delivered to a religious hostel who didn't accept pilgrims using any aids, they took it to a neighboring inn. (I said "I am 77 with 2 hip replacements and am walking 700 km - I think God is good with me if I carry a daypack ")
PNeer I am wondering
Correos charges a flat fee of €64 Euros no matter how many stops you make!
So if you want to go slow and make 20 overnights you’ll average a liitle over €3.50 per day. If you would send your bag 15 days before arriving in SdC, then you’ll pay circa €4.35 per day is sent. Very reliable service! The problem with caminofacil, is that once your itinerary begins they charge a fee if you change your destination, each time. Correos, does not charge as long as you notify them the night before! Always read the fine print.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
When asked for an id card number (Brit with a passport!) I ended up using my driving licence number - it worked!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
For Correos it didn't work! But the alternate did

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
I will arrive at SJDP 1st of May .. less than a month to go ! Any tips? Should I train walking with my backpack ?
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back