• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Crux of the Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Something of a trend for upmarket packages at the moment. A couple of months ago I saw a US company advertising 10 day packages on the Frances that worked out at $700+ per night (not including flights of course). They did throw in a free massage every night though :cool: But my favourite was offered by a UK Catholic newspaper. 7 days on the Via Francigena ending in Rome. Upmarket B&B accommodation. And led by an Arctic survival expert who was a great-nephew of Ian Fleming and therefore very well qualified to lead you safely through the icy wastes of Lazio in mid-October. A snip at £2000 per head. Unsurprisingly it seems there were "several multimillionaires" in the party for the first version of the tour... Which an article in The Times described using words like "spartan", "endurance" and "suffering" :rolleyes:

Well I guess they are not trying to exploit the poor.
Only the rich would have that sort of money to spend.
Always someone out there to catch I guess; they would feel like they are taking part in a ‘survivor ‘ group ; after reading the comments in post by @Bradypus

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
National Geographic has a pkg for $6,000 for eleven nights on the CF.

Comes with historical guide as well.

No Compostela though, too much stage skipping.

A highlight of “The Way” type tour.

Saw on FB a few weeks back.

This is the same company that offer a 23-day private jet tour of South America (from Australia) for a tad under 100,000 AUD! Well out of my league, but they have been around for some time, so someone is out there with the wherewithal to contemplate paying for this level of 'luxury'.

As an aside, this follows the general line of the Camino Frances, not the Norte. It looks like participants will quality for a compostela by walking into SDC from Sarria.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If one were to ride a bike or a horse or a donkey or a lama into Santiago, he could still receive the compostela. But what if he rides a Lear jet for 100K AUD?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hihi if you want to spent money here’s a Studiosus tour without flight for 2700 Euros. You Evan will go to Santiago. I encounter a study tour group in France at the tomb of the Richard they called lion heart in Fontevraud Abbey they had a translator for French all he had to translate there was now the tour guide made a little joke. Sure worth all that money.
But comparison to yours it a bit pedestrian.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
But my favourite was offered by a UK Catholic newspaper. 7 days on the Via Francigena ending in Rome. Upmarket B&B accommodation. And led by an Arctic survival expert who was a great-nephew of Ian Fleming and therefore very well qualified to lead you safely through the icy wastes of Lazio in mid-October. A snip at £2000 per head. Unsurprisingly it seems there were "several multimillionaires" in the party for the first version of the tour... Which an article in The Times described using words like "spartan", "endurance" and "suffering" :rolleyes:

I was ready to scoff when I found this and it says "Costs: £150 registration fee, £2000 minimum sponsorship"!

But it looks like they're fundraising for the Thames Hospice (at least in 2020)? In Spain, not in Italy, so it may be a different thing.

If that is true then at least the outcome is good, even if the intentions may not be pure...

I tried to access their site and it seems to be down because of too much traffic :eek:😂:cool:
BC SY

I tried to access their site and it seems to be down because of too much traffic :eek:😂:cool:
Due to too much global online indignation about what people spend but never about what people earn? Anyone who wants to know what they are talking about can look at their online brochure here: http://brochures.captainschoice.com.au/books/vsaq/#p=21. They had this trip in their offer last year when it was discussed on this forum and it is already in their offer for 2021.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was ready to scoff when I found this and it says "Costs: £150 registration fee, £2000 minimum sponsorship"!

But it looks like they're fundraising for the Thames Hospice (at least in 2020)? In Spain, not in Italy, so it may be a different thing.

If that is true then at least the outcome is good, even if the intentions may not be pure...
I hope the bulk of that money is going to the hospital, not to "administrative fees".

With an exchange rate of nearly 17 to 1 to the Euro, I will still do as I did on the previous 9 Caminos and walk on my own, carry my own pack and sleap in albergues.

Slightly off topic but still dealing with money is this weirdness on airfares. I saw an ad for Level Airline this morning and having flown them cheaply last year I was curious and so clicked on it and I found a BIG difference in fares for Barcelona to Boston between March 3rd, 5th and 7th. €89, €89 and €714!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My favourite was offered by a UK Catholic newspaper. 7 days on the Via Francigena ending in Rome. Upmarket B&B accommodation. And led by an Arctic survival expert who was a great-nephew of Ian Fleming and therefore very well qualified to lead you safely through the icy wastes of Lazio in mid-October. A snip at £2000 per head.

So variable and unexpected the climate these days that well worth £2000.
Good value for money.
:)

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.