Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The elusive Día supermercado in Puente de Domingo Flórez

peregrina2000

Staff member
Going through @High Endeavours comments on another thread, I see that he is the second person to have mentioned the Día supermarket in Puente de Domingo Flórez. I have been unable to find it, and it seems like it would be helpful to orient people walking through that town. But by doing some "google walking", I think I may have the answer. Is it possible that what is a Claudio supermarket in this picture from Google is actually the new Día? I think this is the most likely answer, since the Claudio supermarket pictured looks like it's empty and closed, and the picture was taken in 2012.

Screenshot 2017-01-23 13.51.28.png

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Going through @High Endeavours comments on another thread, I see that he is the second person to have mentioned the Día supermarket in Puente de Domingo Flórez. I have been unable to find it, and it seems like it would be helpful to orient people walking through that town. But by doing some "google walking", I think I may have the answer. Is it possible that what is a Claudio supermarket in this picture from Google is actually the new Día? I think this is the most likely answer, since the Claudio supermarket pictured looks like it's empty and closed, and the picture was taken in 2012.

View attachment 31342
Charitto has this just right. My grandson and I are still sharing the Johnson and Johnson anti-rash cream I bought here last April.

It is just before leaving the urbanized area of town and crossing the river.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Charitto has this just right. My grandson and I are still sharing the Johnson and Johnson anti-rash cream I bought here last April.

Ha, I guess it's the first option in my previous post then. Is it?

It's a Día Market, and it's NOT that one. It's in Calle Chao do Marco.

https://tutienda.dia.es/buscador-tiendas/leon/puente-de-domingo-florez

Thanks much. Unfortunately I can not find any Día on Chao de Marco. There are two buildings that could be supermarkets on Chao de Marco. One is this one, which was a Spar in 2012.

Screenshot 2017-01-23 14.55.30.png

The other was empty when google came through in 2012. It is at this point, though, that you go off Chao de Marco and turn left onto the road to Quereño, so I'm betting it's this one. And from what you previously said, MJB, there was no arrow at the point where you turned left to leave town and go over the bridge, and this picture is consistent with that. Hopefully, mystery solved!

Screenshot 2017-01-23 14.56.12.png

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@peregrina2000 - Hola - my google crome search showed to be right at the end of the calle - in fact around the corner from the hostal & petrol service station (?). Hope this helps others. Cheers

Thanks much. Unfortunately I can not find any Día on Chao de Marco. There are two buildings that could be supermarkets on Chao de Marco. One is this one, which was a Spar in 2012.

View attachment 31343

The other was empty when google came through in 2012. It is at this point, though, that you go off Chao de Marco and turn left onto the road to Quereño, so I'm betting it's this one. And from what you previously said, MJB, there was no arrow at the point where you turned left to leave town and go over the bridge, and this picture is consistent with that. Hopefully, mystery solved!

View attachment 31344
Obviously it has to be the second picture in your post (this to which I'm replying to) and first link in my post (with four of them) but I took it as if I was coming from La Torre.
Your GSV is from 2012, mine from 2013 and I was there in 2014 and the place looks like closed on all these occasions... Definitely no Dia sign in 2014 when I was there...

Last edited:

View attachment 31343

View attachment 31344

Yes, Laurie's second, and Kinky's first.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hooray. Mystery solved. So, at that intersection with the Dia on your left -- turn left onto Calle Acceso Quereno to continue across the bridge OR, curve right (staying on Chao de Marco) to pass the Guardia Civil and reach Hostal La Torre.

Thanks everyone!
Or: after descending to the village turn right onto Calle el Toral through the center and continue straight on Av.de Orense and few meters after the Repsol gasolinera on your left is Hostal la Torre :)

Or: after descending to the village turn right onto Calle el Toral through the center and continue straight on Av.de Orense and few meters after the Repsol gasolinera on your left is Hostal la Torre :)
As K1 says, that's the right route if you're stopping for the night at Hostal la Torre.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1: Ponferrada to Villavieja As usual, life has a habit of changing plans so we found ourselves on the Invierno a month later than expected. Regardless though, we are happy to finally get...
If I leave Ponferrada early enough to arrive in Villavieja and spend some time at the castle Cornatel, can I leave the next day, spend some meaningful time beholding las Medulas and Orellan, and...
Hi all - a question for all you Invierno experts: We are starting the Invierno (finally!) tomorrow, but there’s a slight issue with our plan. My partner needs to be present for a work Zoom...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.