• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The English Way surpasses the Primitive and is the fourth route with more pilgrims

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Don't we think this has something to do with the rise in the extensions from the UK, such as the "Celtic Caminos?" Also it is truly the only short Camino that one can do in a week or less. It was a perfect first one for me, years ago, when I had no more time off, but wanted a taste of what it was all about. The Inglés definitely delivers as it may be short but it ain't easy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Don't we think this has something to do with the rise in the extensions from the UK, such as the "Celtic Caminos?" Also it is truly the only short Camino that one can do in a week or less.
I think more the latter. Brits and Irish people are still a fairly small minority though the Camino Society Ireland is making big efforts. I think it is part of a wider trend for numbers to grow on the "minor" Caminos while the Frances has seen a definite slow-down.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The article also says that there have been complaints about the new itinerary on C.Ingles (after Casa Julia I think) with more asphalt. Particularly about the dangerous 2 kms of road after Meson do Vento.
The Xunta is thinking about returning to the old way.
I noticed that in the article. To be honest, as I did not know the old way, I cannot say anything about the difference. The best thing I can say is that the final day is a day that offers magic.

I noticed that in the article. To be honest, as I did not know the old way, I cannot say anything about the difference. The best thing I can say is that the final day is a day that offers magic.
I did it. The up hill after Casa Julia and then the "highlands" of Coruña province with a quite different landscape. I liked it

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you all for your vote of confidence. My bad - but of course I knew that Ireland was separate. It's those dang ones to the north that I got temporarily confused about. Or maybe it was because I am seriously considering the Cornish Camino which I knew about. Anyone done that one?? I'd love to hear about it.

And I am fascinated by the fact that the Xunta may switch back to the old Casa Julia route. I have done both, and I must confess that the new way, while I didn't think it was all the dangerous, is NOT all that lovely, like the old one. Perhaps there will be a compromise?? Then I'll have to walk it again! Ha ha.

I liked the "Old" route. Luckily I still have my copy of JW's guide from 2012. With reasonable focus on the task in hand its easy to follow the un-improved path. I remember that to the right and just beyond the no-potable fuente in the rest-area at the top of the climb was a kindly farmer who would fill water bottles from his own spring (and give long lectures on the dangers of drinking tap-water).

You beat me to it, but Elle is such a lovely lady, and has provided a wonderful guide to the Ingles, surely she can be forgiven!
Where is her guide?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Many congratulations to The Camino Ingles on the increased popularity and rise through the ranks.
I look back on the stage from Betanzos to Meson DO Vento as being the toughest Camino stage I have done, with a full on storm taking pace and driving freezing rain later turning to snow. Bar Julia was closed that day.
What lovely people the Meson Novo owners are too!

I heard that one of our most well-known guide writers, when walking the new route discovered old camino markers. Which suggested that the 'new' route was in fact older than the 'old' route.
But possibly a pastoral myth...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks a big help

Many congratulations to The Camino Ingles on the increased popularity and rise through the ranks.
I look back on the stage from Betanzos to Meson DO Vento as being the toughest Camino stage I have done, with a full on storm taking pace and driving freezing rain later turning to snow. Bar Julia was closed that day.
What lovely people the Meson Novo owners are too!
My son and I did that stage last spring in pouring rain. He called it the Betanzos Death March. He was not much wrong. Bar Julia was open, which was good, and the Meson Novo was very accommodating.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back