A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

the 'Express Bourriot' transport option

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

karanarttravel

I had read earlier in this forum about the transport system 'Express Bourriot' to get pilgrims from Roncevalles to St Jean Pied de Port--is there any one out there who has tried it, and if so, can you tell me how to take advantage of this transportation method? I'm a first time Peregrino(a?), and I'm on my way in June--it seems the most difficult part of this pilgrimage is finding your way to the beginning! I'm coming into Barcelona, and want to start at St. Jean's--any tips? Many thanks in advance....

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Express Bourricot

Here is some info from the web site: http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/Serv ... rance.html
Click on:
Hebergements and services and then on: Transfer baggage (at the bottom)
The page will show you a list of taxi services from:
Du Puy-en-Velay à Pampelune
De Moissac à Burgos
Dans le secteur de Nogaro
De Hendaye, retour vers Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
De Conques au Puy-en-Velay
Du côté d'Arzacq-Navarrenx et jusqu'aux Pyrénées

Haven't tried them myself but you can contact Caroline of Express Bourricot at: apcaroline@hotmail.com

Good luck!

Express Bourricot is based in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and works from Moissac to Burgos.

Transfer of the pilgrims:
Between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Roncevaux: 9 euros by anybody
Transport on a route from Moissac to Burgos:
Ø for example between Burgos and Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port for 4 person costs 50 euros by anybody
Bearing of the luggage:
Transfer of stage to stage reserved in advance
Tariff: 8 euros by luggage and stage between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Logroño
Tariff for a group: On consultation
Loan of small back pack.

Ø Express Bourricot
Caroline Aphessetche
road of the Michaelmas
64220 Çaro
Ø Tel: 06-61-96-04-76
Ø Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

zeke00

Hello karanarttravel.

I have the same "problem". First time Pilgrim and going to Barcelona for a weekend and then on to the Camino (planing to start 16 or 17 of May).
Right now my plans are: going from Barcelona by train, Renfe, to Irun/Hendaye (Hendaya) nighttrain 2200 (arriving in Irun just after 0800). Then take the train, TGV, from Hendaya 1027 to Bayonne. And then from Bayonne to SJPP. Arriving in SJPP approx. 1330.
That way I have plenty of time to look around SJPP and get the feeling for the Camino ( and somewhere to sleep, I hope)
But my plans can of course be changed. I will carefully read the answers you get.

Buen Camino.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%