• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The first Camino on this Sep!

Jihyun Lee

Hi! Nice to meet you! Im Jihyun from Korea.
I will walk from SJPP to Camino de Santiago on 9/6.
I hope to finish it within 30-35days but I'm not sure if I can finish it.
But I just wanna enjoy every moment during I will be there.
Have a great experience and buen camino!!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Jihyun, welcome to the forum:) Great that you are doing your first Camino in Sept....I'm sure you are really excited now as it draws nearer!
Leaving St Jean on 19 Sept myself on first Camino also....excitement is building by the day! Hope to complete my journey in 35 days also.
Good luck and Buen Camino
Aidan;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Is there any service to transfer backpack from SJPdP to Roncesvalles to lighten one's load over the mountains on the first day ??

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Jihyun, welcome to the forum:) Great that you are doing your first Camino in Sept....I'm sure you are really excited now as it draws nearer!
Leaving St Jean on 19 Sept myself on first Camino also....excitement is building by the day! Hope to complete my journey in 35 days also.
Good luck and Buen Camino
Aidan;)
Thanks, Aidan.
Can you give me some tips for clothes? And I must bring a hat??

Thanks, Aidan.
Can you give me some tips for clothes? And I must bring a hat??

I intend to bring 2 pair light weight zip off trousers, 1 long sleeved t shirt, 1 short sleeved both polyester type, 1 lightweight fleece, lightweight waterproof jacket, poncho, couple pair socks and underwear, considering also a pair of waterproof trousers and maybe thermal base layers for cooler nights and early mornings.
Oh, and yes a wide brimmed hat is a must! I believe lightweight layers are important.
Hope this helps
Aidan:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Flip flops for the shower, I used Vaseline on feet before putting socks on and used a sock liner hence no blisters - don't shower in the mornings and shower the night before as your feet gets softer in the morning - hat and sun glasses a must as you walk through some paths and its so bright you'll need to protect your eyes from UV rays. Some kind of walking pole - I used one as it really helped me going down hill as some are very steep, going down SJPP and to Zubri so be careful.
Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done VĂ©zelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back