A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

The forum is 7 years old!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
I just realized this morning that we had forgotten to celebrate the 7th anniversary of this forum!

On October 12th 2004 I wrote the 2nd post (the first was "Test":) as follows:
announcements-your-feedback/topic2.html#p2

...and we have since added more posts, we have as today 76123 posts spread out over 11001 topics. Close to 10 000 members!

Happy 7th everyone!

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

Advertisment

annelise

Thanks Ivar,

I would not have walked this May, had I not found this Forum and read the invaluable and kind advice of so many past and present pilgrims. You have helped enrich and change my life.

Kindest regards,
Annelise (Denmark)

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Congratulations Ivar!!!
I remember the first few posts were dedicated to Santiago de Compostela but it was soon hijacked by peregrinos!!
My first post (I've just looked it up) was on Nov 2nd, 2004. I wrote about the beautiful CD
' Miracles of Santiago by the Anonymous 4.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
:D Thanks Ivar. There is so much here that has helped us.

Advertisment

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Congratulations All! I'm a relatively new member but know what an institution this forum has become.

Sansthing

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino (May 2009), French Camino (May 2011), Via de la Plata (April/May 2012)
Many congratulations Ivar, the forum keeps me inspired when I am between one Camino and the next.
Sandra :arrow:

colinPeter

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-SDC (2009) Somport-Jaca, Burgos-SDC, Cee-Muxia (2012) Le Puy - Aumont-Aubrac (2014) SJPP-SDC (Oct 2015)
Congratulations Ivar.
Well done.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
You and the forum ROCK, Ivar. Mil gracias!

lynne

newfydog

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay
Hi Ivar!

Thanks for putting up with us. And thanks for giving us this great forum!

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
I echo LynneJohn: This Forum Rocks! And long may it do so...

sharon w

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Congratulations, Ivar and everyone who got the forum started. Reading the wealth of information and the wonderful blogs is almost as addictive as walking the many caminos.
Sharon :D

WolverineDG

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Congratulations Ivar!! Thanks to this forum, I was finally able to get up enough gumption to go walk the Camino as I had long wanted to do!! And here's to many many more years to come! :D

Kelly

jl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
Congratulations and a big thank you Ivar - and to everyone who takes the time to give their considered and invaluable advise. Bravo. Janet

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Ivar, we are all so very fortunate that you have put such a huge amount of work into setting up and running the forum. I know that I personally have benefited hugely from the contacts I have made here- and I am grateful for the support I have received from fellow Forum members, before, during and since my Camino in 2008.
Here's to the next 7 :mrgreen:
Margaret

Thank you Ivar, I returned from my Camino lost and feeling adrift from my life. This forum helped me reconnect with the spirit of the way and remind me of the enormous blessings I have been lent to help me along my path. May it continue for many more years bringing ALL pilgrims together.

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(10,11,17), Vasco(12), Salvador(13), Primitivo(13), Norte(14), Madrid (16), Mozarabe (18)
Gracias Ivar, seven years is quite a milestone.

Lydia Gillen

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007/8/9 2011 (C.F 2015)
Missed this announcement at the time.
Thank you Ivor for all you do. I have learnt so much on the forum and have had so much fun wandering around it.

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
I just realized this morning that we had forgotten to celebrate the 7th anniversary of this forum!

On October 12th 2004 I wrote the 2nd post (the first was "Test":) as follows:
announcements-your-feedback/topic2.html#p2

...and we have since added more posts, we have as today 76123 posts spread out over 11001 topics. Close to 10 000 members!

Happy 7th everyone!

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar
So here it is January 2018, not quite another 7 years, and I see this old thread due to the new similar threads feature. It looks like over 40,000 threads and 500,000 posts have been ADDED.

Another job well done Ivar.

Last edited:
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Yoyo Announcements 2
Luther Announcements 16
ivar Announcements 2
ivar Announcements 0
sillydoll Announcements 17

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June