A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

The good, the bad and the great news :-)

Camino Badges

Emia

Some time ago I told you about the idea of walking the Camino Portugues with one of my collegues and 6 very brave young girls between 15 and 20 years old, who all have social and/or emotional and/or behavioural or psychological deficiencies. Well, this is true for the girls, not for my collegue and myself, although.... But that's different chapter LOL.

Your feedback was superb!

The good news: we had a meeting with our big boss and he is willing to support us! The gear for the girls, the money for the flights and for all the other costs (bed, bath and bocadillos :)) is no issue.

The bad news: we have to wait till September 2018. This is such a large project for our institution and we need at least 12 months to prepare this adventure.

The great news: my vacation request was granted! I'm starting on Aug. 29 in Pamplona and plan to walk to León. It's 9 years ago since I last walked this leg, so I'm very curious and excited.

Buen camino

A

Anemone del Camino

What kind of organisation that helps these girls are you associates with?

A year will go by quickly, and you can take advantage of it to have the girls get inviled in the planning and learning about the C.

Emia

What kind of organisation that helps these girls are you associates with?

A year will go by quickly, and you can take advantage of it to have the girls get inviled in the planning and learning about the C.
Christliches Jugenddorf Wolfstein. And our group is the Elisenhaus.

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Good news wanted! Thank you for the update. You are going to be traveling with a very special team and the whole team is going to do fine [you have a good heart and the Creator helps those with a good heart]. Again, muchas gracias y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances SJPP / 2014 Camino Portugues / 2015 Camino Ingles / 2015 Hospitalero Training
2016 (fall) Camino Sanabre / Hospitalero?
Some time ago I told you about the idea of walking the Camino Portugues with one of my collegues and 6 very brave young girls between 15 and 20 years old, who all have social and/or emotional and/or behavioural or psychological deficiencies. Well, this is true for the girls, not for my collegue and myself, although.... But that's different chapter LOL.

The good news: we had a meeting with our big boss and he is willing to support us! The gear for the girls, the money for the flights and for all the other costs (bed, bath and bocadillos :)) is no issue.

The bad news: we have to wait till September 2018. This is such a large project for our institution and we need at least 12 months to prepare this adventure.

The great news: my vacation request was granted! I'm starting on Aug. 29 in Pamplona and plan to walk to León. It's 9 years ago since I last walked this leg, so I'm very curious and excited.

Buen camino
Don't walk too fast I will be a hospitalero in Estella starting September 5th and I would like to hear your story.... Ultreya....... Willy/Utah?USA

steve 217

Camino(s) past & future
Camino frances planning via del la plata
Havent obtained such peace and contentment from my own camino , ive always thought that the long hours of contemplation and the simple act of putting one foot in front of the other and leaving the rest of our usual worries to sort themselves out would be very therapeutic i think your idea is a super one may i wish you and all the walkers a enjoyable and healing experience .
Buen Camino to you all

Mapman

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances , (Sept/11/2015) Starting at SJPdP Oct 14 SdC.
Camino Frances, (Aug/31/2017)

Buen camino
Good Luck. Sounds like a great cause.

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Have a wonderful trip Emia!

Safe travels and Buen Camino!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%