A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

The Ingles - This might just work out...

Santiago Photo Book

C3 to Camino

Camino(s) past & future
(Sept 2018 planned)
I am surely getting ahead of myself, but I learned yesterday that I will likely be visiting Galicia for a month next year (end July-end August), and will be staying near Ferrol. If I can get myself walking with my walking sticks (I have to use a walker now), I just might be able to do the Ingles! I am so excited!

That being said, my health issues will still likely require that I walk one day and rest one day. Will I still be able to get a compostella?

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
That being said, my health issues will still likely require that I walk one day and rest one day. Will I still be able to get a compostella?
Of course! All that is required is that you walk 100 km. No one cares how long it takes, or how much rest time you need. Buen Camino!

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We took 9 days from Ferrol to Santiago by walking short days plus a rest day in Betanzos. Just make sure that after each rest day you get a stamp before you set off as well as any others during the day and when you arrive each night at your albergue/hostal.
Buen Camino

simeon

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP LosArcos 09\14 Tricastella SDDC 0515 Porto SDDC 1015 LosArcos Burgos 1016 Burgos Leon 0917
Did I hear somewhere that you have to complete your Camino within 10 years...

Tulle

Camino(s) past & future
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
Take heart! I'm currently assisting an 86 year old lady from England who has some serious health problems. She is walking the Camino Inglés in stages of 8 - 10 kms per day! She carries a lightweight portable chair to rest every few hundred yards. Very humbling!
How wonderful! And then I rely upon you, Johnnie Walker, when I want to walk Camino Ingles in ten years time:)

C3 to Camino

Camino(s) past & future
(Sept 2018 planned)
Take heart! I'm currently assisting an 86 year old lady from England who has some serious health problems. She is walking the Camino Inglés in stages of 8 - 10 kms per day! She carries a lightweight portable chair to rest every few hundred yards. Very humbling!
I was thinking of that as an option. I hope to not have to wait until I'm 86 years old to do this, though! What an inspiration!

I remember my neighbour when I was a kid had had two hip replacements, and walked with two canes. She and her husband went to Lake Louise every year and she would hike the trail that goes around the lake using her two canes. She was in her 80's as well.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.6%