• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Ingles - This might just work out...

C3 to Camino

Time of past OR future Camino
(Sept 2018 planned)
I am surely getting ahead of myself, but I learned yesterday that I will likely be visiting Galicia for a month next year (end July-end August), and will be staying near Ferrol. If I can get myself walking with my walking sticks (I have to use a walker now), I just might be able to do the Ingles! I am so excited!

That being said, my health issues will still likely require that I walk one day and rest one day. Will I still be able to get a compostella?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That being said, my health issues will still likely require that I walk one day and rest one day. Will I still be able to get a compostella?

Of course! All that is required is that you walk 100 km. No one cares how long it takes, or how much rest time you need. Buen Camino!

We took 9 days from Ferrol to Santiago by walking short days plus a rest day in Betanzos. Just make sure that after each rest day you get a stamp before you set off as well as any others during the day and when you arrive each night at your albergue/hostal.
Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Did I hear somewhere that you have to complete your Camino within 10 years...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Take heart! I'm currently assisting an 86 year old lady from England who has some serious health problems. She is walking the Camino Inglés in stages of 8 - 10 kms per day! She carries a lightweight portable chair to rest every few hundred yards. Very humbling!
How wonderful! And then I rely upon you, Johnnie Walker, when I want to walk Camino Ingles in ten years time:)

Take heart! I'm currently assisting an 86 year old lady from England who has some serious health problems. She is walking the Camino Inglés in stages of 8 - 10 kms per day! She carries a lightweight portable chair to rest every few hundred yards. Very humbling!

I was thinking of that as an option. I hope to not have to wait until I'm 86 years old to do this, though! What an inspiration!

I remember my neighbour when I was a kid had had two hip replacements, and walked with two canes. She and her husband went to Lake Louise every year and she would hike the trail that goes around the lake using her two canes. She was in her 80's as well.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.