• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The joys of an Autumn Mozárabe.

Lavdrum

Time of past OR future Camino
Plata-2015/Portugues 2016/Norte(Irún>Avilés) July 2017/Francés Oct.2017/Salvador-Primitivo July 2018
I have just done 5 days so far on this Camino. It is so relaxed, no bed race and nobody else on the Camino with me. I have the albergues to myself apart from the Hospitalero in some cases ( in other cases there is no hospitalero). Amazing so few peregrinos elect to do this camino and opt instead for the bed race that is the Francés and increasingly the Portugese. The Amigo Association are doing great work here promoting the Mozárabe. The weather is so nice at the moment and the camino is so well marked. I am not using tracks on my phone, I just follow the arrows ans so far I have had no problems. When I look innthe registers in the Albergues it is mostly Spanish, French and Germans who have discovered this Camino so far. So come on down to Almería and start the Mozárabe in Spring or Autumn-you will enjoy it so much. Summer is just too hot and winter may be snowy. PM me if you want more information.
John.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have just done 5 days so far on this Camino. It is so relaxed, no bed race and nobody else on the Camino with me. I have the albergues to myself apart from the Hospitalero in some cases ( in other cases there is no hospitalero). Amazing so few peregrinos elect to do this camino and opt instead for the bed race that is the Francés and increasingly the Portugese. The Amigo Association are doing great work here promoting the Mozárabe. The weather is so nice at the moment and the camino is so well marked. I am not using tracks on my phone, I just follow the arrows ans so far I have had no problems. When I look innthe registers in the Albergues it is mostly Spanish, French and Germans who have discovered this Camino so far. So come on down to Almería and start the Mozárabe in Spring or Autumn-you will enjoy it so much. Summer is just too hot and winter may be snowy. PM me if you want more information.
John.
I totally agree,,,,walked in march/april this year and loved it ,,,,many thanks to Veronica and the others from the Almeria pilgrims assoc.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm delighted to see Gronze covering the Camino Mozarabe, but it doesn't look like there's much information on the site yet.
The Camino Association in Almeria updates a PDF guide every month with details of accommodation and so on for each stage, which they post on their Facebook page and website (or you can request it by email). For the moment, I think that's the best place to look for the most up-to-date and reliable information about albergues and so on.

John.
Enjoy! If I could, I’d be there like a shot! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm delighted to see Gronze covering the Camino Mozarabe, but it doesn't look like there's much information on the site yet.
The Camino Association in Almeria updates a PDF guide every month with details of accommodation and so on for each stage, which they post on their Facebook page and website (or you can request it by email). For the moment, I think that's the best place to look for the most up-to-date and reliable information about albergues and so on.
I know. That's why I began my post with "also" ;)

Hi,
Just an update on my Mozárabe progress. Just left Cordoba this morning and now in Cerro Muriano about 20 kms. out of Cordoba. The camino marking Almería to Granada is excellent-I just followed the arrows. Getting out of Granada city was the only part so far that I found difficult, particularly the first 10 kms. as arrows were not that obvious. After Pinos Puente there were regular arrows but you do need to pay attention! I met up with a French guy who had a French language guide. It was published in 2017 and was really detailed and excellent if perhaps too detailed! I also met a Germanncouple on the Granada-Cordoba stage who had a good Gernan language guide. The arrows out of Cordoba this morning wwre excelent and all the way here were equally so. I hope this continues to be the case. The albergue here in Cerro Muriano is closed so I am staying in Hostel Bar X on the nain road. Overall this is a solitary camino with few pilgrims even though the weather is excellent for walking. If you need info on a particular stage magwood has an excellent blog.
John.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi guys, planning to start from Malaga on 13th November. ..have downloaded above guide but would appreciate more specific details on accommodation from here to Cordoba...
many thanks in advance..

I finished this Camino last month, starting from Malaga Airport, on a mountain bike. Up until Cordoba I came across a total of 3pilgrims (1 in the opposite direction). From Cordoba to Merida no more than 2/day and after Merida a maximum of 6/day, dropping back down to 3 or 4 a day from Granji and the odd one more after Ourense. However, about 15miles before SdC I passed around 200! As for accommodation, there are resources on the web if you search, as is the route and guide, all free, in addition to the well known apps for VdP and Sanabres which are only about £2 for the premium versions. You may be the only one in the alburgue, so well worth ringing ahead to make sure it's open. You can also book rooms on Booking.com. Generally it's a well sign posted route, but you are strongly advised to have the apps on your phone with offline maps or plot them yourself b4 you start on Komoot or similar. Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back