A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The joys of an Autumn Mozárabe.

Camino(s) past & future
Plata-2015/Portugues 2016/Norte(Irún>Avilés) July 2017/Francés Oct.2017/Salvador-Primitivo July 2018
I have just done 5 days so far on this Camino. It is so relaxed, no bed race and nobody else on the Camino with me. I have the albergues to myself apart from the Hospitalero in some cases ( in other cases there is no hospitalero). Amazing so few peregrinos elect to do this camino and opt instead for the bed race that is the Francés and increasingly the Portugese. The Amigo Association are doing great work here promoting the Mozárabe. The weather is so nice at the moment and the camino is so well marked. I am not using tracks on my phone, I just follow the arrows ans so far I have had no problems. When I look innthe registers in the Albergues it is mostly Spanish, French and Germans who have discovered this Camino so far. So come on down to Almería and start the Mozárabe in Spring or Autumn-you will enjoy it so much. Summer is just too hot and winter may be snowy. PM me if you want more information.
John.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 15,Portuguese 16,Finisterre Muxia 16,Ingles16,, Almeria to Muxia,Finesterre 18
I have just done 5 days so far on this Camino. It is so relaxed, no bed race and nobody else on the Camino with me. I have the albergues to myself apart from the Hospitalero in some cases ( in other cases there is no hospitalero). Amazing so few peregrinos elect to do this camino and opt instead for the bed race that is the Francés and increasingly the Portugese. The Amigo Association are doing great work here promoting the Mozárabe. The weather is so nice at the moment and the camino is so well marked. I am not using tracks on my phone, I just follow the arrows ans so far I have had no problems. When I look innthe registers in the Albergues it is mostly Spanish, French and Germans who have discovered this Camino so far. So come on down to Almería and start the Mozárabe in Spring or Autumn-you will enjoy it so much. Summer is just too hot and winter may be snowy. PM me if you want more information.
John.
I totally agree,,,,walked in march/april this year and loved it ,,,,many thanks to Veronica and the others from the Almeria pilgrims assoc.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Mozarabe Almeria (2017)
Cherhill to Canterbury - Pilgrims' Way (2018)
Via Francigena (2019)
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Mozarabe Almeria (2017)
Cherhill to Canterbury - Pilgrims' Way (2018)
Via Francigena (2019)
I'm delighted to see Gronze covering the Camino Mozarabe, but it doesn't look like there's much information on the site yet.
The Camino Association in Almeria updates a PDF guide every month with details of accommodation and so on for each stage, which they post on their Facebook page and website (or you can request it by email). For the moment, I think that's the best place to look for the most up-to-date and reliable information about albergues and so on.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
John.
Enjoy! If I could, I’d be there like a shot! :)

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I'm delighted to see Gronze covering the Camino Mozarabe, but it doesn't look like there's much information on the site yet.
The Camino Association in Almeria updates a PDF guide every month with details of accommodation and so on for each stage, which they post on their Facebook page and website (or you can request it by email). For the moment, I think that's the best place to look for the most up-to-date and reliable information about albergues and so on.
I know. That's why I began my post with "also" ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Finished: See post signature.
Upcoming: ?+VdlP (Sept 2018)

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%