• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Kerry Camino

WayWalker63

I am making a trip to Ireland this fall and pretty much haunt the TripAdvisor Ireland forum when I am not haunting this one. I was excited to see this link posted on the forum yesterday. :eek:

http://kerrycamino.com/index.php

They are a little sketchy on the information but from what I can gather it is a portion of the Dingle Way. Which is a walking trail around the Dingle area.

I won't be able to walk the whole thing since my trip is pretty much planned but will try to walk at least a portion of it while in Dingle. :)

Here is a link to the TripAdvisor post:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1 ... Kerry.html

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi,
If you're stuck for time a much more scenic walk and one loaded with early Christian sites is 'Cosan na Naomh' The saints Path which is about 15 km long, well signed and located on the An Daingean side of the peninsula- which also offers a greater concentration of scenery, sites and craic for the visitor with a time restriction. Or if looking for something both historically interesting and more physically challenging in this area then walk the section of 'The Dingle way' (the full DW is about 100km long but you can do 'bits') that takes you up over the haunch of Mount Brandon it's an ancient way and very beautiful. I prefer to walk this route anticlockwise so that I'm facing into amazing views out over the Blaskets islands... and all the way to Boston on a good day! And don't worry even if the prevailing westerly wind is blowing you'll just get a light dermoabrasion session for free and come off the hill looking 5 years younger :lol:

Nell,

I read a bit more after posting this and I think this is a portion of The Dingle Way. They aren't clear as to if this is a once a year type thing or if someone could do it on their own and still get the "passport" and the stamps at various places along the path. I will try getting in touch with them and post the answers here in case anyone else might be interested.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi yep it's what I call 'the end bit' of the DW through the still scenic, but much less dramatic part of the route, with far fewer cultural remains compared to the penisula beyond An Daingean. It depends on what you want a group/religious/stamped sello experience (and I'm all on for that myself-just did the pilgrimage of the 7 churches in Dublin as part of the Eucharistic Congress celebrations in Dublin where you got a stamped passport and a nice little certificate at the end) or more of a historically and or rich/dramatic views/physically challenging but still signed way.
The 'once a year only' aspect would fit into the usual format of traditional irish religious 'Patterns' if that's what the organisers are aiming for. However, and I'm a kerry woman, I'd be somewhat shocked if the potential presented by a Kerry Camino for generating year or season long income stream hasn't been considered!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.