• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

the kitchen sink

+@^^

ive seen a product from Sea to Summit called The Kitchen Sink
i am attracted by the idea of being able to do my clothes washing while sitting outdoors
and not being forced into standing in a queue at the wash basins
also, im taken by the idea of being able to soak my feet in this little portable water carrier, while lying on my back outside

The Kitchen Sink
At last, a portable camp sink that really works! Our sinks are great for collection and carrying of water for purification, cooking, washing dishes or personal bathing. They’re ideal for backpacking or group camping and they make a great gift for the outdoors person who has everything. Now available in a compact 5 Liter size and for large groups a 20 Liter size.

•Unique design with stainless steel stiffening ring that prevents the sink from collapsing when full
•Base is broader than top so it won’t tip over in use
•Fine to use with hot water and detergent
•Fully taped seams
•Wide webbing carry handles
•Comes with its own handy storage pouch
•The 5 Liter size makes an excellent dog bowl
Description Size Weight
The Kitchen Sink 5 Liter 1.3 Gallons/5 Liters 3.0 oz
The Kitchen Sink 10 Liter 2.6 Gallons/10 Liters 4.4 oz
The Kitchen Sink 20 Liter 5.2 Gallons/20 Liters 6.4 oz

http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/13

anybody used this kit?

id be interested in your views
take it easy

tamtamplin

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I haven't used it.

I didn't find it difficult to stand to do my few articles of clothing, but if you do, most of the alburgues provide plastic tubs to wash clothes and soak feet in.

It's just another 3 ounces to carry that you'll probably dump after 2 days.
That's my opinion.

I have a Sea to Summit kitchen sink - and in my opinion it´s great.
When folded it takes up almost no space, and it´s pretty useful to wash clothes and soak tired feet.
I´ll definitely bring mine, when I go in july.

Tangaa

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey Guys - I thought you could take everything BUT the kitchen sink!!
At most albergues you have to queue up to get the water at the wash tub - and then you have to join the queue to throw out the washing water and re-fill with rinse water, which also has to be thrown out. Is it worth it? Just use their plastic basins.

I've had a few ideas about washing. Some from here. Some from youtube.
I had a cunning ideas with a waterproof bag and a small washboard, but someone beat me to it.
I discovered the scrubber bag http://www.thescrubba.com/ and instantly realised how handy that was going to be in future.

My Camino and camping washing angst is now gone.

I have my Kitchen sink though as well. It's just too handy for washing up cooking implements while camping. It will now stay at home.
Me and my Scrubber Bag are going to wash clothes at any water supply in Spain and the UK.

Andy! said:
I've had a few ideas about washing. Some from here. Some from youtube.
I had a cunning ideas with a waterproof bag and a small washboard, but someone beat me to it.
I discovered the scrubber bag http://www.thescrubba.com/ and instantly realised how handy that was going to be in future.

My Camino and camping washing angst is now gone.

I have my Kitchen sink though as well. It's just too handy for washing up cooking implements while camping. It will now stay at home.
Me and my Scrubber Bag are going to wash clothes at any water supply in Spain and the UK.

That is very cool.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I just received the Scrubber Bag as a gift for our camino.. wondering if it's necessary? It weighs 6 ounces.

Most read last week in this forum

My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.