• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Lady that hiked with four of her children.

Rad

Time of past OR future Camino
I would love to hear your story. You mentioned this in a post on trail names.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
We had a French mother in our albergue with her four children. But all teens or older. Sleeping outside generally, but one albergue each week.

Hey Rad! There are several of us who have walked with our kids. I had posted in the trail name thread but I walked with five of my six children from Le Puy France to Finesterra Spain (maybe there was a thread speaking for four specifically) with a connecting route through the northern Pyrenees to combine the Le Puy route with the Northern. I'm not certain which family you are seeking. We hiked exactly three months to the day as we added a few days of a side trip to Rocamadour and did the Cele Variant.
I have a blog that pretty much covers our trip but I fizzled out on blogging my last few days. I think I thought it wouldn't end if I didn't blog...just difficult for me to wrap up the trip... It was amazing and surpassed every dream I had of it.
Edited to add, we slept outside much of the way during these three months.
My blog is
shefollowsshells.blogspot.com
This blog covers only my caminos.
Since it is in typical blog format of most recent dates posted last you can use the side bar and go to August 2016.
We departed from DC on August 3rd 2016...
We started walking the Camino August 24th from Le Puy.
Skip straight to that date if you want to see Camino only info.
I did rent a car from Paris and we drove around France for two weeks and I wouldn't have changed that for anything, we did so much in those two weeks. We pretty much traced the steps of a month long trip we did in Europe with the kids about 8 years before.
I am returning in the Spring with only my two daughters, ages 10 and 12.
We plan on combining a few routes and hiking about two and half months after spending two weeks in Morocco.
We will use the same blog.

I would love to hear your story. You mentioned this in a post on trail names.
I am a lady. I walked with four of my kids a couple of times (and with eight of them on one other occasion).
Not sure if I posted about that on a trail names thread though.
So you might still be searching!

(In case you're interested our stories are in the blog links in my signature....and a fifteen month overland trip we took from Singapore to Istanbul when the kids were 2-14 years old.....currently hoping there might be another chapter next year)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey Rad! There are several of us who have walked with our kids. I had posted in the trail name thread but I walked with five of my six children from Le Puy France to Finesterra Spain (maybe there was a thread speaking for four specifically) with a connecting route through the northern Pyrenees to combine the Le Puy route with the Northern. I'm not certain which family you are seeking. We hiked exactly three months to the day as we added a few days of a side trip to Rocamadour and did the Cele Variant.
I have a blog that pretty much covers our trip but I fizzled out on blogging my last few days. I think I thought it wouldn't end if I didn't blog...just difficult for me to wrap up the trip... It was amazing and surpassed every dream I had of it.
My blog is
Since it is in typical blog format of most recent dates posted last you can use the side bar and go to August 2016.
I did rent a car from Paris and we drove around France for two weeks and I wouldn't have changed that for anything, we did so much in those two weeks. We pretty much traced the steps of a month long trip we did in Europe with the kids about 8 years before.
We plan on combining a few routes and hiking about two and half months after spending two weeks in Morocco.

You are the one I was thinking of. Don't know you or anything other than you are an amazing family. I'm so jealous I was not raised that way. I was hoping for some stories of your adventure. You should write a book.

My blog is

Took me a few minutes but I found the time line and the stories. Thanks for sharing.

I met several young children with their parent(s) along the CF. One particular 9yo girl stood out because I would see her with just her father one day then just her mother on another. I asked her where the other parent was one day and she said "they are taking the bus today". The kid, with a pack, was outwalking both adults! Later saw all 3 in Santiago.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back