• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

the last 100k -- route options?

Mary Baldridge

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo (2012)
Camino Portugués (2015, 2016)
I'm taking a group of college students to do the last 100k of the Camino in May 2015. I really don't want to do the Sarria-Santiago route because I want them to get a feel for the less traveled Camino. I'm considering either the Primitivo from Lugo, the Via de la Plata from Ourense, the Portugués from Tui, or the Inglés from Ferrol. We may stay in small hotels if/when albergues are not available or not of sufficient size. I have done the Primitivo before, but none of the others. Any recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I walked the CI in Apr this year. The Xunta albergues I stayed in could all have supported a smaller group, up to about 10, some more, on the nights that I was there.

I only saw one group, who were at Bruma and then stayed in the same hostal the next night at Sigueiro. I recall there were about ten in the group, and they didn't seem to be a problem in either place.

I'm sure you'd enjoy any of the routes as you've wisely given yourselves flexibility with accommodation. I guess you might also want a route that has options for intermediate stops during the day for the group to reform, have lunch, check for injuries etc? Of those routes you've listed I've only done the Ingles and VDLP, and I'd recommend the latter for that bit more flexibility. Also for easy transport links etc. You could also consider the Finisterre route? Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I guess I should have specified, we'll be 15 total. I was thinking that the Inglés might not be optimal for such a large group, and it doesn't seem to have as many intermediary spots to reconnect. The Primitivo between Lugo and Santiago had similar constraints. Plus it does join up with the Francés fairly soon after Lugo and gets very busy. I'm thinking the Vía de la Plata might be the way to go. Thanks for the input!!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.