• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Listening Walk - 6000 Miles (9656 Km’s) To Raise Awareness That There's Always Someone There / Samaritans

Status
Not open for further replies.

James X

Caminhos with a h
Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Central Português: October 2017
Caminho: Coastal / Litoral / Lost: September 2018
I think we all know the benefit of a listening ear, be it here or life in general and whatever you are going through in life you should never be afraid to reach out

This is David Matthews who is walking 6000 Miles (9656 Km’s) between all the 200 branches of Samaritans in the UK and Ireland. I had the absolute pleasure of walking with him recently and he really is an inspiration.

It’s an awareness and fundraising walk and David really wants to get the message out there that there is always someone to talk to.

David is doing it for Samartians and he is also one of the 20,000 volunteers where every day, they respond to around 10,000 calls for help across the UK and Ireland.

They are there day or night, for anyone who’s struggling to cope, who needs someone to listen without judgement or pressure.

They offer listening and support to people and communities in times of need.

Samaritans are there for people who are going through a difficult time so never be afraid to reach out

If you are in the UK or Ireland you can contact them by phone on 116 123
Or email Jo@Samaritans.org (UK) or Jo@Samaritans.ie (Irl.)

For anyone outside of those countries please find links below to other crisis lines

Don’t suffer in silence – reach out to a friend, family or an organisation like Samaritans
Talk it through, let it out, let someone be there for you

You can find out more about Davids walk and see some great photos of his journey by search The Listening Walk on social media (FB / Insta / Tw’tr)
Technical from David - Only One Blister - Hoka Tennines

Please also see below links to international crisis organisations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

https://www.suicidestop.com/call_a_hotline.html

David Matthews.JPG

Attachments

• David Matthews.JPG
    David Matthews.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 2
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back