• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Long Walk

The Long Walk [Paid] 2014-12-10

No permission to buy ($4.99)

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
BobM submitted a new resource:

The Long Walk - A pilgrimage from Canterbury to Rome

The book describes Robert Muirhead's 2080km pilgrimage on foot from Canterbury to Rome, along the Via Francigena in three long walks over 2012 to 2014. He endured hardships, but also met inspiring people and gained important insights into his own life. In medieval times the Via Francigena was an important route for pilgrims wishing to visit the sacred sites in Rome, or even to continue on to Jerusalem. In 2004 the Via Francigena was designated a Major Cultural Route by the Council of Europe....

Read more about this resource...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Bob, I've just bought it.
Thanks, Dominique. I followed your epic walk while I was walking to Rome. You have been an inspiration for me. I hope you have settled back into normal life?? Planning another epic? Well done. You must be so proud.

I might ask for some advice when I set off from Rome to Jerusalem in March next year. I am still not 100% sure how I will get from Greece to Israel. I was hoping for a ship from Cyprus to Tel Aviv or Haifa, but that seems impossible now. There was a regular shipping service, but it has stopped.

BTW, you should consider writing an account of your trip. Your regular posts were good. You have a gift for writing. Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) make it pretty easy. I can help if you need advice.

Bob M

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Bob! Such kind words, thank you! Not sure they're deserved but hey ho! :)

http://www.grimaldi-freightercruises.com

Here's the website of a shipping company we had contacted, look under 'linea Euro Med' on the left. There was a cargo going from Limassol to Ashdod, quite expensive I recall but we agreed, only to be later told that the captain had changed his mind.... And that was that.
I think there are far more crossings available in the summer months (until end of Oct.).
In the end as you prob. know we flew from Larnaca to Tel-Aviv. If you did take that option, be careful not to book the cheapest ticket, that DOESN'T include luggage (only hand luggage). Read the small print carefully.

Exciting, isn't it, though?

Settling back into normal life...Hmmm... I am spending an awful lot of time on this forum!!! Lol
YOU have inspired me to consider walking the rest of the Francigena, maybe, from Besançon to Rome. Then there's also the Camino de la Plata as a possibility, or the one from Alicante.... ;)

Dominique

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back